Posted on | July 13, 2014 | 61 Comments

Today’s Unemployment Benefit Extension update EUC 2014 July 13, 2014:
Some policymakers on Capitol Hill believe that avoiding another unemployment benefit extension will help to push the unemployment rate lower and get more of America’s jobless back to work. The most recent monthly jobs data and unemployment claims report seems to support this assertion. Congress allowed unemployment benefits to expire back in December 2013 and has been debating the need for another extension since. Millions of Americans have fallen into the category of unemployed without benefits during this time, but the recent jobs and claims numbers were much improved. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the national unemployment rate just fell lower again from 6.3 percent to 6.1 percent. More specifically, the unemployment rate was 6.7 percent back in December when long term jobless compensation expired for many. Approximately 288,000 jobs were added to the U.S. economy last month and the Labor Department said that fewer Americans filed for first time unemployment insurance in the latest week than were expected. Many Republicans view this data as ammunition to combat the argument for an extension of long term unemployment benefits. Since EUC expired back in December, the unemployment rate has dropped dramatically. This type of data trend is part of the reason the House did not vote yes on the Senate’s plan to extend unemployment benefits several months back and is also why many Republicans still position themselves against unemployment benefit extension legislation. Coincidence or not, the data is making it hard to find bipartisan and majority support on this issue.

Comments

61 Responses to “Unemployment Benefit Extension EUC 2014 update; Is drop in Unemployment Rate Coincidence or Justification For Lawmakers”

1. Clinton C
    July 13th, 2014 @ 12:19 pm

If you are on ECU, and you file every week, you are part of those number. But if you can not file, the system thinks you went back to the job force. that is why the unemployment numbers look so low. They are now scared to pass a bill to help the 3.4 million Americans, because they are right, and the republicans are wrong. Looking at false numbers to make themselves look good, while we are struggling.

2. MEEK
    July 13th, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

MAN, THIS ISN’T A UPDATE THESE NUMBERS CAME OUT LAST WEEK AN EVERYBODY REPORTED ON IT, THIS IS A RECYCLED ARTICLE. I’D RATHER YOU SAY IT HAS BEEN NO CHANGE OR WRITE ABOUT HOW HR803 RELATES TO THE HR 4970 OR THE SENATE BILL. WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE HIDING BEHIND FALSE NUMBERS STAY THE COURSE GIVE US SUBSTANCE NOT RHETORIC..

3. Erin H.
    July 13th, 2014 @ 1:26 pm

The Republicans don’t want to pass it because they are selfish and greedy. They would rather blame the unemployed individuals than admit their failed policies have flushed Main St. America down the toilet.

The Democrats are reluctant to really push the issue because this is an election year. They pretend to care about us so we will vote for them. But their attitude towards the unemployed is just as cavalier as the Republicans. If they truly acknowledge how bad things are for 3.5 million (and counting) Americans then they will look like liars. Obama keeps boasting about how the economy is bouncing back. If they really try to tackle the unemployment problem now,the Republicans will slam them saying, “if the economy is better why do we need to extend EUC again?”

So all of this is happening and We The People are the ones who suffer. I don’t even think we are pawns in their game any more. We call all turn out in droves to vote in November, but big businesses have a strangle hold on DC that is far more powerful than anyone’s ability to vote. It is disgusting. It is unamerican. What was once a great country is nothing more than a flaming turd now.

What I really want to know is how many of the 288,000 jobs created in June were actually jobs on American soil? How do we know for certain these jobs that were created actually exist? How do we know some company like Apple didn’t just hire more 3 year olds in China to build their crappy products? I am sure they get around that with semantics. They are an American company and they created new jobs! Just not in America for Americans. I really wonder how many companies do that?

Also, great! Unemployment applications dropped to 304,000 last week. Why does nobody acknowledge that in ONE WEEK lay-offs wiped out one whole supposed month of “Job Creation”. If we are roughly losing 300,000 a week every month then the boasted 288,000 it took to create over the course of one month is a terrible joke. But the media never talks about that. They just call the unemployed lazy and those who aren’t unemployed lap that up like good little lap dogs they are expected to be.

4. jeff
    July 13th, 2014 @ 1:29 pm

Congress needs to extend unemployment benefits now to help the millions in desperate need. If the the economy is so good why is there still 3.5 million waiting for the extended benefits? These people would be working if things were so rosy. The Republicans have done nothing but hurt millions of people and their families, and they better wake up and start helping people or the fall of the GOP will happen at election time. The majority of people being screwed by the Republicans are Republicans and believe me they wont forget in Nov!

5. Finna
    July 13th, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

Here’s the thing, GOP wants the economy to be bad, no matter what.
    The unemployment rate is not down at all. We just aren’t counted. Those that have been offered work are making minimum wage.
    Economists say that the negative GDP for the first quarter was an outlier and not in line with the rest of economic numbers. Really? Now they are worried about earnings reports coming out as we speak looking for top line growth.
    Well, corporations have been having record profits and stock price increases since 2008 with extremely low volume.
    Put it all together. GOP got what they wanted, THEIRS at the expense of US Citizens.
    Their stocks and portfolio’s went up, they passed more corporate welfare tax cuts, made sure that people that had no income could not participate in expanded Medicaid in Red states,
    Cut SNAP benefits and promoted war for Haliburton and the war mongers.
    And they want to say this president is the problem? Seems like the GOP, Boehner, Wall Street and the 1% got everything they wanted at everyone else’s expense.
    Cry me a river Boehner. Filing bankruptcy and sending you the bill along with a personal lawsuit against you for your culpability. I did not elect you.

6. liesandmorelies
    July 13th, 2014 @ 1:51 pm

They are playing a very dirty game, everyone knows if you are no longer able to claim then you’re not counted and they assume you’re employed.. the unemployment rate is about 12.1. It’s been over 6 months do the thousands of people who can not claim have been swept under the rug. This will blow up in their faces.

7. Doc
    July 13th, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

The GOP didn’t have any problems with a $287 billion tax break for big business did they?

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

8. robert
    July 13th, 2014 @ 2:24 pm

Once America became flooded with Mexicans,our country,and future became shit…Want a job. when filing out your application fill in the application and say you are Mexican.

9. Richard
    July 13th, 2014 @ 2:26 pm

Thanks Clinton C.

The unemployment numbers have always been off. The system is broken. It makes one sick to even think about it as an excuse for “Doing Nothing Again….” We have another major unemployment crisis which does not even show up on the congressional radar before and/or after the summer break. The retro benefits have been forgotten. The extension benefits are evaporating. The net result is talk mid-term discussion about potential EUC 2014 benefits in 2015. They would rather spend a day voting on Post Office names… How much more insensitive can congress be to the 3.5+ million long term unemployed?

10. NDROCKER
    July 13th, 2014 @ 2:28 pm

I don’t get it, Obama wants 3.6 BILLION for illegal aliens but can’t or won’t provide unemployment benefits extenstion, retroactive to 122813 for the long-term unemployed. I need that money, as do many others! Put Americans first!

11. robert
    July 13th, 2014 @ 2:43 pm

How long must I stave? How long are they gonna give American jobs to the flood of Africans, Mexicans, who spend no money here,but they ship the money back to their families abroad, how long? Voting to remove those in office is not gonna help the unemployed, it will just be more trash to start all over again…

12. James Jagdfeld
    July 13th, 2014 @ 3:05 pm

The government and the job data people are all so fricken stupid and unreal. Those numbers are going lower because the unemployed aren’t wasting their time anymore going on the unemployment website and doing their claim anymore because to them it’s a waste of time because they(enemployment), aren’t paying out benefits to the people anymore. The unemployed more than likely figure that an extension wont ever be signed and they would be wasting time doing this. Our government thinks they can fool people into believing their crap, but anyone who knows the real truth and isn’t a complete idiot knows that this is just another one of their “let’s blame everyone else” and “we’ll make it seem like things are changing” kind of deal. This shit just makes me more angry every time I read about how messed up and twisted our government makes things look.

13. chad hatten houston
    July 13th, 2014 @ 3:07 pm

I thought they would pass an extension without retro benefits, for 5 months. Now it appears that no extension will be passed

14. Ivan
    July 13th, 2014 @ 3:16 pm

This is going to blow up. I don’t know when but it will. There are two disturbing threads already going after Mexicans and Africans The majority of the illegal aliens are hard working people working for less than minimum wage which makes them attractive to some scumbag employers. Honest Americans are turning their wrath on whom they feel or responsible for their demise. We saw it with honest, loyal Japanese Americans, honest, loyal Arab Americans and so on. When people become desperate, they become irrational. The government has always enjoyed playing citizens against each other. This is the most evil administration I have experienced in my lifetime from the president, to the senate and the house, loaded with whores, incompetents, and cruel heartless entities. The founding fathers believed in ideals that could not be maintained and this administration has fallen so far short. The situation for the unemployed is a nightmarish as communism. You soulless bastards in Washington. THIS is unamerican

15. Chris
    July 13th, 2014 @ 3:28 pm

Im so screwed it really doesnt make a difference to me. It would help me get into a position to get a job. I love my country but I will never forget the goverment turning its back on me. The joke of the United States. I feel sorry for those who dont know the goverment will screw them over too when they are in a bad situation.

16. Suzy
    July 13th, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

Mr. Boehner, can I borrow 10 dollars so I can put gas in my car to get to a job interview? The euc extension is already paid for by businesses , it is a tax called FUTA , employers pay this tax at the end of ever year, but congress is stealing it.

17. Frank
    July 13th, 2014 @ 3:55 pm

I have been unemployed since January 1, 2013 due to job position elimination by the Texas State government agency TXDOT. To date, I have applied for 973 jobs. I have been over-qualified for all 47 face-to-face interviews at various companies. Being 60 and partially disabled, this may prove to be more difficult as time goes on. Yet, I keep applying at the average rate of 12 per week.

It’s no wonder the numbers don’t add up.

July 10, 2014
    275,000 new part-time jobs

275,000 of the 288,000 net new jobs created last month were part-time taken “for economic reasons”, according to Labor Department Report A-8.

In June, there was a net gain of just 13,000 full-time non-farm jobs.

In his 7-minute speech, President Obama apparently celebrated the loss of 275,000 full-time jobs in favor of 275,000 part-time jobs taken for economic reasons by desperate Americans.

Read more at http://www.commdiginews.com/business-2/june-jobs-report-unemployment-rate-irrelevance-21286/#jo7y3y6JHItAXG7o.99

18. Tom J
    July 13th, 2014 @ 4:13 pm

I am one of the millions that lost the benefits in December and about to lose everything from my vehicle to possible place to live. I lost my job almost 2 years ago and even went back to school for the medical field. I graduated in December 2013 and still having a hard time finding work. The government needs to wake up and stop giving false unemployment numbers. They try to say unemployment is down that is because they are not including the millions that have not been able to claim since December. All the incumbents need to be removed and a true bipartisan party put in place.

19. Unknown
    July 13th, 2014 @ 4:33 pm

Hard to take the fact that the government continues to believe that we are ignorant sheep. From my last job over a year ago at %50/hr. to a temp position at $17.50/hr. I was terminated because I was told I rebelled when being forced to open hundreds upon hundreds of boxes, breaking down boxes, separating popcorn from bubble wrap for three weeks straight. This was not in the job description. An employer can do just about anything they want nowadays. And, if you want to survive, you take the garbage they dish out.

20. Shizue Leigh Hicks
    July 13th, 2014 @ 4:39 pm

The “reduction” in the unemployment rate fails to recognize the phased-out long-term unemployed. Now over 4 million, they (those unemployed longer than 26 weeks) are no longer counted or are counted separately — not factored into the total — as “marginal.”

4 million spread out over 50 states is still a sizable group of adults — voters with or without children.

Most know they have BOEHNER to blame for not reinstating the UI Extension week after week for 6 months. These newly minted Democrats may be able to get that message across at the polls in November.

In the meantime, the long-term unemployed are nothing more than “collateral damage” to BOEHNER. (This man is 2 seats away from the presidency of the United States?)

21. Richard
    July 13th, 2014 @ 5:56 pm

I attempted to report or update my online weekly Oregon Unemployment Division (OED)long term unemployment status. The system has been changed to not allow ANY long term unemployment filing. This follows the state requirement for additional filing information to restrict reporting.

And Congress and the States are saying the Unemployment % is dropping. No wonder since they are blocking filing and reporting correct information. 3.5+ million or (4.5+/-) million are left with nothing.

22. Pham
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:12 pm

To many people no English with out unemployment can’t post in here.

23. Pham
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:14 pm

Life in the USA but homeless.

24. robert
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:18 pm

We are real people,suffering. Stats are an estimate taken. its called print what i give you, and question not the fairness of the numbers. Every field of employment has someone to keep the work force working.Except for congress. Somehow they have no Supervision to fire them, How is this possible?

25. Pham
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:18 pm

Gosh less USA no more.

26. robert
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:25 pm

Everything on the earth changes, except for Congress, Washington,and those who kiss our asses running for office.Its the same things for 200 years do nothing for the people, but I thank you for your vote… Suckers…

27. Teresa Smith
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:29 pm

I have been filing EVERY week. The drop is because people are so disgusted and discouraged that they are even bothering now. I really wish they would stop the bs and pass the damned bill.

28. Amy Gordon
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:34 pm

I’m just sick and tired of being sick and tired! I’m now on welfare because I couldn’t find a job. Been on many interviews and still nothing. I’ve been a medical assistant for 18 years. And out of that 18, I was a supervisor for 12. I strongly believe that my age and not my work ethics has a big role in why I have not been hired. I have a never been written up nor called upon in my position. So that’s what I’m thinking. This situation is very disturbing to me. There are so many people loosing homes, cars, etc because of this B.S.! America, one of the riches places on earth, and we have fools who are dictating what we can and cannot have. Let congress sit there asses on welfare for a while and see how they like it. Well one good thing came out of this for me. I’m going to nursing school. But im still not able to pay for my books, cuz I used up all my retirement from my 401k just to survive.

29. robert
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:43 pm

Let us look at the situation. People have no money,people are losing their homes, theirs cars, their phones, and they are losing access to filing for, or calling in the unemployment. So if that is how people are being counted then u r right. People are fed up and do not file anymore, why? They have not seen a dime. transportation is not free, and jobs are not across the street from most homes, are people supose to walk on buses and trains for free?

30. robert
    July 13th, 2014 @ 6:55 pm

We the unemployed receive not one dime in 7 months. Some of us are given a choice of Either washing our ass with the 2.00 or a loaf of bread. But this is America, can you direct me to the nearest soup kitchen? Sorry pal, most of them closed, and the food pantry too, the said that the government, and the big corporations stopped given them too around after Christmas. Good luck finding a job, because you are not gonna find the food…

31. nicole
    July 13th, 2014 @ 7:52 pm

I want to see the numbers of those who are unemployed who CAN NOT collect unemployment but are still looking for employment. Where are those numbers???
    Of course they will do all they can to hide what is reality

32. Lavinia
    July 13th, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

I think this is crazy! Fire the GOP for putting people in the poor house.

33. Kevin
    July 13th, 2014 @ 8:13 pm

Please stop dangling that hopeful carrot in our faces. Mr. Boehner and his cronies are finished as a political party. No one cares about us unemployed. Their day of recon is coming in the fall come elections. The worst thing in the world is a pissed off American, when you turn your back on your own,you learn the hard way. Mr. Boehner enjoy your lobster dinner today, I will not be eating nor will my children. President Obama, please set up and do the right thing by using your executive power, Mr. Boehner is suing you for not doing your job, what a laugh, wouldn’t it be great if you signed the bill for us and trumped his inactions and that of the republican congress?

34. Kevin
    July 13th, 2014 @ 8:23 pm

Please stop dangling that hopeful carrot in our faces. Mr. Boehner and his cronies are finished as a political party. No one cares about us unemployed. Their day of recon is coming in the fall come elections. The worst thing in the world is a pissed off American, when you turn your back on your own,you learn the hard way. Mr. Boehner enjoy your lobster dinner today, I will not be eating nor will my children. President Obama, please sit up and do the right thing by using your executive power, Mr. Boehner is suing you for not doing your job, what a laugh, wouldn’t it be great if you signed the bill for us and trumped his inactions and that of the republican congress?

35. alicia
    July 13th, 2014 @ 9:19 pm

Senator Reid, PLEASE Attach it to the border crisis bill. Hey Republicans Just because we are no longer certifying for the EUC benefits does not mean we have found a job. It just means the system is not allowing us to certify. Please get some real journalist to do good research and put the truth out there. The numbers are wrong. We need to sign a petition to impeach/fire some of those GOP not the President. Lets start a petition to get our congress working or they must be fired for not doing their job. Mr. President, I have your back. I signed the petition to support you.

36. cinnamon
    July 13th, 2014 @ 10:12 pm

I am broken. My self esteem is shattered. I am a 56 year old woman embarrassed to be in the situation I’m in. I did.not wrong to lose my job. I get up everyday and look for work. I have had many interviews and also feel that my age keeps me from being selected. I was told to dye my hair which cost money I do not have. I get my hopes up by people who try to encourage me and from the many ministers on tv who say God will not leave or forsake you. I try to continue with faith I’m worn out. I have worked 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meet in the past. I am too old to work like that now. I stay in a room which cost $90 a week and I am 4 weeks behind. I have to leave Friday so they can rent to someone that can pay. Mr. President I applied for SER and was turned down because I can only get help with rent if I can show them I can keep up the payments. I need a job to do that. If I had a job I would not need SER. I was forced out of my apartment last year when my building was sold. My things are in storage and the bill is due on the 17th. I am not able to pay it. The shelters are filled with women and children and those who have an addiction. If I lose everything I don’t think I could take it. I been off work since Dec. of 2013 and I have tried to find a job in my home state and in 2 others. Cansomeone tell me why does an employer have to interview a person 2 or 3 times. Employer we come to you when you select us for an interview on the verge of losing our homes, and what possessions we have left. It makes a difference if we can tell a landlord we have an unterview and can get the job instead of telling the landlord and families we have to go back for a second and third inter view. I asking God to help us please this is the worst kind of cruelty to bestow on a human. You Mr. Speaker of the House feel more powerful than God. Y o hold millions of people in your hand. The rest of you republican know you are being held responsible to. You all will pay for the humiliation you have made us suffer. They are watching around the world.

37. cinnamon
    July 13th, 2014 @ 10:41 pm

What happened to those working people who may wake up tomorrow and could find themselves in our shoes. It could happen to you. What would you do if it did? Think about it. Actor and actresses and all you movie people where is the benefit to help us. I know men like john and the boys hold the country fault for letting this president get into the whitehose. They will never forgive Americans for this. It eats at them everyday. You all suffer and are casualties of the hate war in their hearts. This is pay back to all who supported and voted for this president. The house speaker would rather see the country fall than make the mixed race presdent look good. Their hate for the color is stronger than the lives of all of us of many colors, Americans that are paying the price. If anyone votes republican from this time forward are no better than john and the boys.

38. Richard
    July 14th, 2014 @ 1:05 am

The following link puts a statistic on the long term unemployed.

39. Mena
    July 14th, 2014 @ 1:31 am

I dont no why peoplekeep talking about this ! No one should have not voted or be voting !!!!!!! That is how you get satan back by stapping him with his on forlk !!!!!! STOP VOTING, STOPVOTING,STOP VOING for none of THEM !!!!!!! You got the power use it ! Your vote means alot to them ? The really election is coming sooner then what you think and you will see how quick the chicken and duck become your best friend .Dont vote and they will break there necks . When all you do is talk it dont mean nothing ! DONT VOTE FOR NONE OF !!!!!LET CRIMINALS VOTE FOR THEM ! WHO THEY CAN WELL THEN THEY WILL BE YOU NO WHAT OUT ! TAKE THERE JOBS !!!!! THEY HAVE ONE BECA6SE OF PEOPLE WHO VOTED ! WITHOUT THAT VOTED THEY HAVE NO JOB !!!!!!!! I CANT 6NDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN BE SO DUM STILL VOTING THESE GREEDY , ROTTEN DIRTY SO CALL CONGRESS !!!! IF THIS DONT WEAK UP YOUR EYES THEN YOU ARE JUST DUM!!!!!!!! THEY DONT CARE AND NEVER DID !!!!! YOUR VOTE 8S ONLY MATTER TO THEM !!!! DO 7NTO AOTHERS AS YOU WILL HAVE THEM DONE 6NTO YOU ! THAT IS WHAT GOG SAID ! SO IF 5HEY CANT BE THERE FOR YOU AND YOU WAS THERE FOR THEM BY VOTING THEM IN THEN STOP VOTING AND THAT MEANS ALL OFF THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEAK UP YOUR BRAIN !!!!!!!!! I DONT CARE WHO IT IS !!!!

40. Mena
    July 14th, 2014 @ 1:32 am

I dont no why people keep talking about this ! No one should have not voted or be voting !!!!!!! That is how you get satan back by stapping him with his on forlk !!!!!! STOP VOTING, STOPVOTING,STOP VOING for none of THEM !!!!!!! You got the power use it ! Your vote means alot to them ? The really election is coming sooner then what you think and you will see how quick the chicken and duck become your best friend .Dont vote and they will break there necks . When all you do is talk it dont mean nothing ! DONT VOTE FOR NONE OF !!!!!LET CRIMINALS VOTE FOR THEM ! WHO THEY CAN WELL THEN THEY WILL BE YOU NO WHAT OUT ! TAKE THERE JOBS !!!!! THEY HAVE ONE BECA6SE OF PEOPLE WHO VOTED ! WITHOUT THAT VOTED THEY HAVE NO JOB !!!!!!!! I CANT 6NDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN BE SO DUM STILL VOTING THESE GREEDY , ROTTEN DIRTY SO CALL CONGRESS !!!! IF THIS DONT WEAK UP YOUR EYES THEN YOU ARE JUST DUM!!!!!!!! THEY DONT CARE AND NEVER DID !!!!! YOUR VOTE 8S ONLY MATTER TO THEM !!!! DO 7NTO AOTHERS AS YOU WILL HAVE THEM DONE 6NTO YOU ! THAT IS WHAT GOG SAID ! SO IF 5HEY CANT BE THERE FOR YOU AND YOU WAS THERE FOR THEM BY VOTING THEM IN THEN STOP VOTING AND THAT MEANS ALL OFF THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEAK UP YOUR BRAIN !!!!!!!!! I DONT CARE WHO IT IS !!!!

41. Bill on Pittsburgh
    July 14th, 2014 @ 2:39 am

The politicians running this country r a bunch of a$$holes,give the American money to everybody but Americans who r in desperate need of it!I vote and come election time I wil remember Boehmer calling me lazy….so long u drunk chauvinist glue sniffing dick!!!I can’t believe I ever voted for a Republican, won’t happen again..

42. robert
    July 14th, 2014 @ 2:45 am

To Levinia, your answer, Congress has no boss.

43. robert
    July 14th, 2014 @ 3:18 am

It is all fabricated data, controlled by the republicans, like the Weapons of mass destruction (never found any)nor did they care.no apology for Washington lies, should the unemployed expect anything more from congress?keep on filing, especially if you are in your fifties, there is not a employers who are going to feel sorry for you.

44. Victoria
    July 14th, 2014 @ 3:47 pm

Unemployment numbers are not correct. I am still jobless and have given up on getting an unemployment extension so I’ve stopped filing because it seems like a waste of time. I lost my home and can’t afford internet, so filing for something I don’t believe I’ll ever see is one less thing for me to worry about during my time slot at the library or on my phone, when I can be using my limited computer time and phone data allowance looking for jobs. I’m sure many others are doing the same thing, which makes the unemployment rate appear much lower.

45. Robin
    July 14th, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

I was a 28 year professional in a specialized industry. I was replaced by someone who was half my age making a third of my salary. Job “numbers” may be improving, but these are not high skilled professional jobs. There are people who want to work and have something beyond youth to offer. I supported the system while people took 99 weeks. I’m now made to feel like I can replace my career in 6 months. 50 is the new 65 in the professional workforce, and Congress fails to recognize this. I wonder how they will feel when then are replaced with “younger” talent. They have created a country of enabled people, and now those who have pain in for decades are forced to right ths warped ship. I may not be able to get help, but I can still vote.

46. Dee N
    July 14th, 2014 @ 4:25 pm

Here we are, all of us in a country that has lost it’s handle on helping its own. Who of us could ever imagine in our wildest dreams that we who worked and were let go from our jobs cannot get what we are entitled too.? The fact is , never has our country turned its back on its citizens in the past when unemployment has been this severe. We are living the NIGHTMARE called the lost and forgotten. I don’t know if anyone who can make a difference even reads these blogs or write in sites. What a shame! We are just consoling each other with our stories of struggle. I’m truly sickened and sad to read the heartache that so many are going through. Please if anyone out there reads from this site who has the power to help get euc with retro to Dec. 2013 passed please help us! How much more could good people endure? We are still here even though I think so many have chosen to overlook us. We are not lost causes ; you in government are making us feel like we are. I knew a government run by Obama would be a mistake. Didn’t vote for him but paying the price with those who did.

47. Richard
    July 14th, 2014 @ 11:00 pm

Does any member of Congress and/or the White House ever read this blog? If so… Why aren’t they doing something to enable voting before another year, month, week, day and hour passes by????

48. More lies
    July 15th, 2014 @ 1:38 am

Wait I heard trump in A\C is shutting it’s doors,8,ooo people are losing there jobs,there goes those numbers again,boner ur a phoney and what goes around comes around! All you do is make up excuse’s to screw the unemployed, you better start going to church to clear your sins!

49. MAD MOM in Georgia
    July 15th, 2014 @ 3:00 am

Some policymakers on Capitol Hill= The HOUSE and CONGRESS believe that avoiding another unemployment benefit extension will help to push the unemployment rate lower and get more of America’s jobless back to work. {THIS IS NOT TRUE HOW CAN WE LOOK FOR WORK WITH OUT GAS MONEY!!I CANT EVEN PAY FOR MY INTERNET ANYMORE OR MY CELL PHONE FOR/to receive A CALL BACK FOR A INTERVIEW}!!!! The most recent monthly jobs data and unemployment claims report seems to support this assertion. {LIES LIES AND MORE LIES}!!…. the employment rate is lower because people stop looking for work SOME CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOK FOR work with out any income coming in…you have to choose gas money/internet / cell phone or feeding your family and keeping the lights/water/Rent/Mortgage on/paid!!.. the current rate is not showing the 3 million Americans that are out of work still!! since all my bills have fallen behind 30/60/120/180 days my accounts are now going to collection agencies and the jobs I am applying for running my credit for pre employment screening are telling me I need to payoff collection accounts before they can give me a job so I cant catch up or payoff the stuff with no “retroactive pay” or income/unemployment coming in!!…. THIS IS SAD I cant believe I have worked my entire life since the AGE of 16 always paid my Taxes out of my checks on time I am 46 now and cannot get any help from my Government? do me a favor the next Job I get DO NOT TAKE MONEY OUT of my CHECK to PAY FOR SS/TAXES etc. let me keep my tax money and open a 401k for my retirement stop taking money out of my check!!. CLOSE ALL THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICES because we cant get the benefit of that anyway so lay all those folks off to… I CANNOT WAIT TO VOTE I will WALK TO THE POLLS the BUMS IN the HOUSE and CONGRESS NEED TO BE OUT OF A JOB TO and on Unemployment. they can spend money on everything else but to help there own working class citizens.. Pay Billions to take care of illegal aliens {Other countries problems}, WARS{other countries problems}, Missing Planes {other countries Problems}, Law Suits against the President {John Bonehead trying to one up on the President because he cant find anything} THE HOUSE Found the time tho to come together and VOTE and PASS a BILL to help the RICH get another TAX BREAK THO!!… #AMERICAISNOTBEAUTIFUL it is NOT.

50. Kenny
    July 15th, 2014 @ 9:21 am

… we all know your full of ****. You forget 3 Million Americans who need our assistance and had a paid for EUC extension on the table that you didn’t vote ON! … and now you want to GIVE 3.7 billion dollars in emergency funding for illegals crossing our borders! Whose paying for that? I’ll say this – we need to set a new standard on who we send to Washington and #2., someone tell me that this country in NOT upside down.

51. Bonnie Schwartzengraber
    July 15th, 2014 @ 3:42 pm

Many people who gave up looking are now on welfare also, thus not filing and not counted. Data shows those filing for welfare HAS GONE UP GREATLY but they don’t talk about that either!

52. Mary Ellen Post
    July 15th, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

I am scared to death about having no money and no job. I look everyday – spend hours on the computer …. my area of the country is not good.

53. robert
    July 16th, 2014 @ 7:09 am

we complain, we bitch, we send our views, but nothing changes. We all have issues. However, we get no help. What good is this sight? I have been reading the same crap for two days. If learning and finance.com were to send these writings to our Congress Men, and Women, just maybe we will get a bill passed.

54. robert
    July 16th, 2014 @ 7:20 am

Here we go again.I guess we will be seeing signs all over America, (For Whites only), No Blacks allowed, you cant eat here, you cant sit here,nigger. Excuse me Mr. President, but this also applies to you also…

55. anne
    July 17th, 2014 @ 3:21 am

I GIVE UP THEY DONT GIVE HOOT!ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS SPENDING MONEY TO KILL INOCENT MEN WOMEN AND LITTLE CHILDREN, WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY POOR HUNGRY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY WHAT A CRYING SHAME!

56. Pandora
    July 18th, 2014 @ 8:50 pm

EAll of the Americans that were receiving euc that ended Dec 28, 2013 BENEFIT YEAR is Over! That means no more filing or certifying! And thus we are no longer counted and of course that would make the numbers fall dramatically. So tis is not a coincedence. This was deliberate and planned expertly. June 30 at tne most would end all those that wason euc. And now they’ve introduced two plans that needed a certain funding and now in July that same funding has been used to fund another bill. Is that a coincedence? We have been slaughtered but we are not Stupid. Why did they give us False Hope of holding out until they would get the extension bill passed? DEVIATE! We should all file greivances with our Attorney Generals in our states. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, CLAIM Many dependents on W2 forms, so no taxes get taken out. And anyone that can change W2 so no taxes come out of your paycheck. We will rebel from our own doorsteps! Murderers is what they

57. jane doe
    July 26th, 2014 @ 5:48 pm

Its not as so that unemployment Americans are out of a job, due to not looking for one, but speaking on my behalfas a Georgia resident, people who are in charge of employment applications(GA DEPT OF LABOR) and temporary agencies are hiring people through employee’s request of family members, friends, and race. There are people who have the potential and work qualifications, along with past excellent work ethnics whom are not getting noticed due to favoritism! Its sad and unfair that good workers are being directed to farm work or warehouses when their work qualifications are in a much higher (cnc operators, maintenance, electricians…) As for as myself, I have been laid of since March 2014 and only had 28 weeks of unemployment. As of today on July 25th 2014, I am unemployed with a work history of a machine operator, cnc operator, forklift driver, and CSR skills. This is ridiculous and unfair! Until government make restrictions with employment hiring decisions, there will be more unemployment citizens growing everyday! Therefore, my emotions toward congress that are stubborn to go forth with the EUC extension are hilarious! I guess its true when they say”keep the poor-poorer, and the rich-richer!

58. robert
    September 21st, 2014 @ 5:35 am

Zero dollars, and zero cents… Will someone tell congress that some companies charg for their employment applications?

59. robert
    September 21st, 2014 @ 5:38 am

I am not counted anymore. They have stopped us from filing so what do we do now?

60. robert
    September 21st, 2014 @ 5:47 am

Congress, Why do you get so many vacations, you all do very little work, why show up? Who is going to fire you? Stay home everyday and get paid as if you were at work. Oh yeah, I forgot they only report to work to retreive their illegal payoff in the envelope on their desks…

61. robert
    September 21st, 2014 @ 5:54 am

Congress, you all had no problem passing it when Bush was president… Put your hatred aside for Obama, and pass the extention for us, the people who needs it US… Thanks