Posted on | April 11, 2014 | 51 Comments

Unemployment Benefit Extension News Review today April 11, 2014:
The Senate pushed a deal to extend long term unemployment benefits through this week and the legislation will now have to pass through the House. The deal would reinstate unemployment benefits for over 2 million of America’s long term unemployed. Many of these Americans have been without long term unemployment benefits since December 28, 2013. Many members of the House, including House Speaker John Boehner, believe that the deal to extend unemployment benefits which just passed through the Senate is unworthy of consideration based on its lack of job creating potential.
Republicans are using recent economic data to back their claims that the economy continues to recover and another extension is not necessary. Although March job additions still fell below the average number of additions from 2013, some Republicans believe the lapse in unemployment benefits is pushing many to rejoin the workforce. The most recent Labor Department data may back up this assertion. According to the Labor Department’s most recent report, the number of Americans filing initial unemployment claims dropped to a 7 year low. In the most recent week, people filing for their first week of unemployment benefits dropped by 32,000 to approximately 300,000. This rate is the lowest level for first time claims since May of 2007.
Additionally, Boehner stated on Thursday that the ball is in the administration’s court. He says that he made it clear months ago what would be needed for him to consider an unemployment extension. Right now, Boehner does not believe that President Obama and administration are holding up their end of the bargain.

Comments

51 Responses to “Emergency Unemployment Benefit Extension for Long Term Jobless in the U.S. 2014; House and Boehner Conflict with Design of Deal”

1. George
    April 11th, 2014 @ 11:11 am

People filling has gone down because everyone has already lost their jobs and have quit because of these stupid republicans

2. vernon fowler
    April 11th, 2014 @ 11:53 am

I am 62 and have been unemployed since may 31, 2013 and lost the benefit Dec 28, 2013. The state of Alabama no longer accepted my weekly claims after Dec 28. How do they even know what my status is. I think there are a large number of people that are unemployed that are also un accounted for. I have applied for early Social Security but I will still need a job.

3. norm
    April 11th, 2014 @ 12:23 pm

I was strickley rep but im not proud john Boehner is the worst people pay into there salaries for him to turn around and take away peoples lives they worked all there life and now he wont let them collect people losing there houses is not a good thing mr Boehner karma will get u im becoming a dem
    so rep party blame him

4. Gabe V
    April 11th, 2014 @ 12:51 pm

So sick of politics.What he means by job creation really is continue to allow tax cuts to big industry.I have zero faith in government .It’s a damn shame how these politicians play with peoples lives like a game of chess.

5. Mike Kelly
    April 11th, 2014 @ 12:54 pm

Unemployed being used as political pawns is going to back fire Nov for both parties! This “do nothing” and “take a vacation every two weeks” Congress need to be cleared out of DC and the institution needs to be cleaned up! Nov 14 and Nov 16 can’t come soon enough! American people, the informed and educated, are taking back our country!

6. JAP
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:10 pm

This is getting real old. Let’s clean up the Congress & not re-elect any of these representing our country. They want to keep the unemployed hostage, well lets make sure these people including Mr. Boehner is not re-elected in the next election. Create jobs, ha!ha!, we can not even collect our hard earned unemployment monies so we can buy gas or catch a bus to go on a job interview. Now,he wants to put this on the President it is all about him (Mr. Boehner) he does not want to help the poor unemployed, keep their heads above water while looking for a job.

7. BOB MANTZ
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

Mr Boehner , I wish you were on the plane they cant find.

8. Kal
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

So if the President cared about the 2 million people wouldn’t he just pass this bill So they go on vacation and we sit again and wait and wait I wish they would just tell us No they are not going to pass the extension. But do they ever think we were working and were laid off not on our own. SO FUSTRATED !!!! I would like to send them the list of jobs I have applied for and was not selected or told I was over Qualified . Please tell me where I can send the list

9. Robert T.
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

There are 3 comments posted before me that say it all. I started with my local elections, held April 1st, voting against every incumbent up for election. I intend to follow through with what I say I will do and that is, “politicians, worry about what’s best for the United States citizens first, not the Ukrainians or Egyptians, take care of our borders and those within them”. If government feels we have no right to disagree with how they’re handling our affairs, then get rid of them, by diplomacy or, if necessary, armed conflict, but WE THE PEOPLE will be heard.

10. Kenneth R. Laxton
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:32 pm

Mr. Boehner: Your party is in disarray. We need leadership and I don’t see it coming from you. Not only because I could use an EUC shot in the arm; but because I don’t see any real solutions offered by the republican house.
    You simply cannot stonewall every bill without offering alternatives.
    I am so disgusted with both parties. If the republican party does not find a way to galvanize the tea party, the far right and the middle right I don’t care how weak and uninspiring our president is; your party is going to take a beating in the mid-terms and in 2016. We need real leadership, not bravo sierra.

11. BOB MANTZ
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:34 pm

And I would not wish that on anybody else , but you are starving kids , they are going to bed with nothing to eat , in your county , you suck , all you do is want to play games and feed your fat fucken face at your new 850,000 condo in Marco Island FL , like you need another vacation , you haven’t done nothing since your last one except block our money that we paid you to buy your condo YOU SUCK ASS.

12. jo
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:43 pm

Seen some things in my time.BUT THIS TAKES THE CAKE!! Billions to USSR But Zippy do da to the Unemployed who worked all their life in the USA!!Wow Jonny B HoW Do you and the rest SLEEP!! Yes make sure your retirement is safe and intake on the tax payers Back Enjoy!!!

13. I Am
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:43 pm

What goes around comes around and we reap
    what we sow…

The cold hearted greedy and murderous anti-
    brother’s keepers will pay 10 x the damages
    that they have caused to people suffering because these sick O’s won’t pass the unemployment extension…

This is worst than a “Damn Shame”… It is “Demonic”…

14. I Am
    April 11th, 2014 @ 1:58 pm

Prepare for more violent and cataclysmic weather for the way that the 1% is treating the 99% worldwide. Flight 370 is just the beginning of the end of this evil empire. This modern day Babylon is on it’s last lap like Sodom and Gamorah. Read Bible Chapters 1-28 and hopefully you will see what Ezekiel saw in his vision of a city in the sky one half mile by one half mile with 1500 deadly space craft superior to anything that we have in our arsenal to combat. This is the beginning of the end of this evil, hateful, corrupt and wicked world order… What will the wealthy tell the Creator on Judgment Day when asked; “Were you your Brother’s Keeper”…. You still have a chance if you are breathing to make a change…Choose Life or Eternal Death…

15. I Am
    April 11th, 2014 @ 2:10 pm

God will use the forces of nature to destroy, reshape and remake this world from the remnants…

This present world is contrary to the will of God because it honors and worship death and destruction for the past 6000 years. It’s time is up and one day soon evil will not exist in the next setting. Murder entered this world with Cane and it has been that way ever since.
    We often say our Savior is coming…He has never left and he is among us presently. He is not a Spook as we have been made to believe.
    He is Alive and Well. We have an army that you can see and one that you can’t see yet…
    But the day that you see the unseen army, that will be too late….

16. Jim A
    April 11th, 2014 @ 2:27 pm

Maybe we the unemployed should go to D.C and protest them out of the house. We need people in there to keep this country united instead of being so devided. It’s so wonderful knowing we got a billion dollars to help other countrys in their financial crunch. But they seem to have a problem to help out us Americans who payed there taxes for the last 20 some years. Oh I forgot that went towards Mr. Boehners $45,000 he spends on breakfast alone per year,keep on eating!

17. Nancy B.
    April 11th, 2014 @ 2:56 pm

“Happy Birthday” to me. I still haven’t heard back from the one interview for a job I’ve had in the past six months AND it’s only for 2 days per week, but better than nothing I’d say.I can’t even afford to pay attention. I am tired of looking in my cupboards and trying to figure out how to fix something with nothing. I can’t believe how our country has come to this state of being, that the “fat-cats” don’t care what happens to any of us. All we need or want is a fair shake. I have never been without a job in my life, even if it was jut working in a donut shop. I am in so much despair I am ready to take anything that comes along, even if I had to just work for food. How sad is that? Hungry in America!All those people in Congress are millionaires so they don’t have to worry about going without. It’s nothing for them to go away AGAIN for two more weeks and leave us hanging. Boehner doesn’t want to back down now so he’s putting everything in Obama’s hands and so far Obama hasn’t even mentioned pushing it through. He is too busy with his agenda to care about us. It’s just another political game they’re playing with our lives. Part of the problem is, when you call to talk to someone about an account you end up talking to someone in India who can’t even speak good English. They call it “out-sourcing” because it’s cheaper labor. No wonder we can’t find a job. Pretty soon we will be a third-world country thanks to Obama.
    Have a nice Easter Congress. Do you know what happened to the “dead rabbit”? Hare today—-gone tomorrow.

18. Mr man o_0
    April 11th, 2014 @ 3:12 pm

Mr. Bonehead Boehner is a bad evil man so is Eric Cantor House Majority Leader, Paul Ryan (have you seen his budget proposal) and all the other Republicans that have call us lazy takers.

They want to destroy a way of life Americans have enjoyed for close to a hundred years.

They only care about the rich and the middle class means nothing to them.

Harry Truman our 33rd President said this about republicans in 1948.

“Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke.

They stand four-square for the American home–but not for housing.

They are strong for labor–but they are stronger for restricting labor’s rights.

They favor minimum wage–the smaller the minimum wage the better.

They endorse educational opportunity for all–but they won’t spend money for teachers or for schools.

They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine–for people who can afford them.

They consider electrical power a great blessing–but only when the private power companies get their rake-off.

They think American standard of living is a fine thing–so long as it doesn’t spread to all the people.

And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.”

Truer words have never been spoken.

19. Fustrated !!!!
    April 11th, 2014 @ 3:16 pm

So the Congress passed the bill and now it sits there as we hope and wait for a miracle But don’t think that is going to happen as they go on a 2 week vacation. So Angry !!!!

20. Tyler
    April 11th, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

Everyone has already said it. Right “Boner” needs to go away! Remember election time who voted to help and which didn’t! Take it to the polls, not given the men that run will that likely work. Got to have a quality candidate first. Resumes for all not all the set up debates.

21. unemployed mom
    April 11th, 2014 @ 3:38 pm

While waiting for congress to step up to the plate and help the unemployed I have lost my home, my hope, my car, my faith in our Government!

22. LK
    April 11th, 2014 @ 3:43 pm

Boehner, you are a job killer! I finally get a call for a 2nd interview and I am pretty sure I will get it. The problem is, I am flat broke, no gas, no food, and 2 months behind on rent which will probably result in being evicted. In other words, I AM SCREWED! Don’t have any idea how this is supposed to somehow work out. And did I mention they are trying to repo my car! Thanks Boehner!!! You can help countries that hate us but do nothing to help the people who pay your undeserved salary. And enjoy that undeserved 2 week Easter vacation. I hope you choke on your scotch!

23. Jack kossowsky
    April 11th, 2014 @ 3:52 pm

Y do we leave comments we get no answers we talk and talk til we all r blue in the faces screw their vacations they r always on vacation we keep posting and posting and get no answers where is the president when we need him we elected him do something congress are screwing with people’s lives and it’s not fair we the people pay u

April 11th, 2014 @ 4:15 pm

Well, Been posting on here since Dec. 28th. To no avail just to keep sane! Well what to do, what to do? It’s over! There is no emergency extension for the workin’ people of this country! I’m done coming here now. I’ve excepted our fate…to start over again…somewhere…somehow! I hope the best for all you folks here! No one is listening to the people! DONE! Good bye!

25. mcm
    April 11th, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

OMG…MR BOEHNER, enjoy your LOVELY VACATION with PAY!!!!

26. Gary
    April 11th, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

I used to vote Republican in all elections. But I now blame the Republicans for not extending unemployment benefits and will NEVER vote for another Republican again. I hope everyone who has been impacted or knows someone impacted by the lack of Republicans to pass an extension stops voting Republican too. How can these pompous millionaires understand what the unemployed are going through?

27. steve
    April 11th, 2014 @ 5:25 pm

wake up America
    there is a new breed of Adolph hitler among us and we elected him to be the speaker of the house JOHN BOEHNER
    it is very confusing how can one man decide for 2.7 million American lives ?
    we as americans must unite and take this disease out of the office ASAP

28. Republicians need voted out
    April 11th, 2014 @ 5:54 pm

I think when they get back they will not do anything until the unemployment extension expires or close to it. Then they will say ok we will do it with their provisions and say ok you can have 5 months going forward not back to Dec 28th, since Boehner is so worried about people getting money they don’t deserve.

29. george
    April 11th, 2014 @ 7:19 pm

I heard recently that the unemployed are going to march and block major roads and a percentage of the employed of America are going to shut down for seven days. I really think if that should happen, our so-called government will take the necessary action and support this country for a change.

30. sheila
    April 11th, 2014 @ 8:47 pm

I lost by job 4/5/13 with nothing. They close the company without giving employees no notice not even a chance to fine a job. No insurance are vacation paid are retirement. I have work this job for 30 years.Where can I fine a job at 59? Company open up under a different name with 8 full time employees all but one with less years the next day.Republicians this I do not need a extension after 30 year it a shame.

31. shedog
    April 11th, 2014 @ 8:51 pm

I lost by job 4/5/13 with nothing. They close the company without giving employees no notice not even a chance to fine a job. No insurance are vacation paid are retirement. I have work this job for 30 years.Where can I fine a job at 59? Company open up under a different name with 8 full time employees all but one with less years the next day.Republicians think I do not need a extension after 30 years it a shame.

32. gary boyd
    April 11th, 2014 @ 8:51 pm

so can anybody tell me where is our president with his magic pen he was braggin about.my friend comes to use my internet everyday he no longer can pay his internet due to boehner an his bright ideas that he yet to share.for the last 2 months i been paying my friend light bill so him an his family dont be in the dark an to watch him cuz he is a proud hard working man to ask for help hurts.im go be right beside him election time an we go vote all them heartless clowns out.

33. Fustrated !!!!
    April 11th, 2014 @ 9:52 pm

I am sure they all sleep well at night wish I could If they don’t want to pay us back pay fine then pay us forward for the next 5 months then Something is better then nothing. I hope they have a Great Vacation as the rest of sit and wait. If the President cared he would pass and the sign the bill.

34. Katherine Jenkins
    April 11th, 2014 @ 10:09 pm

John Boehner & his cronies are suppose to represent all the American population, however they only represent their own agendas. I have written on his web-site to deaf ears as well. Yes I now have a part-time job working an extremely physical job that medically I should not be doing at my age. I was working full time at a much higher rate of pay doing clerical work that I’ve worked all my life, but now I was given no choice but to accept a job cut out for someone in their teens or twenties to be doing. I wish Mr. Boehner could change places with me for a day or two and see how he survives. Between mortgage, food prices, electric, and gas alone it’s hard to make it in this life anymore, even if you are on Social Security and are suppose to be retired! Just hope Mr. Boehner & his associates walk in the shoes of the unemployed that are truly looking for work. I cared for my bedridden husband & survived the 9 years on pennies, but I held a job before & after his death, and I still work at the age of 69 years old. When it’s time to vote again I just hope everyone that is experiencing these very hard times remember the names of those in the House & Senate that caused this pain. Shame on all of them. God Bless the struggling hard working job seeking American people who expect the same treatment for their taxes paid that foreigners get who do not work OR pay tax but rely on the rest of us for. I use to be so proud to be an American, but now I just don’t know how my feelings are anymore.

35. Charleen
    April 11th, 2014 @ 10:11 pm

I’m 50 years young and have been working since I was 16. I lost my job last June due to the unstable automotive industry. I have been applying for work everywhere. But then again so has hundreds of other people in my area. I’ve also been taking some college classes to better my chances. I’ve had no luck. My mortgage company worked with me as much as they could. However I haven’t been able to make even a minimum payment since last December. Next month I will be homeless for the first time in my life! I feel our government is doing nothing much more the playing games with us. Our plight has been swept under the rug. And John Boehner could not care less about the loyal, hard working Americans that need help from their government. Hey here’s a thought, STOP sending money over seas to pay for other countries war and poverty! Maybe take care of your home affairs first!

36. Disgusted
    April 11th, 2014 @ 10:41 pm

37. Bob Interi
    April 11th, 2014 @ 10:43 pm

It is real simple if our President has ANY leadership skills.

All he has to do is tell the speaker I am NOT going to sign the corporate tax welfare bill till the unemployment bill hits my desk.

Discussion over!

38. Disgusted
    April 11th, 2014 @ 10:47 pm

Just love the part about job creating potential – what jobs, I have seen so many small business close after 40 years- and the jobs that are out there, have hundreds of people applying. Also love the fact that the unemployment rate has dropped – OH HELLO – if people without jobs cant collect unemployment they are not accounted for – what idiots – it seems this administration and President we have care more about giving Ukrain (Spelling) a billion dollars than they care about the AMERICAN people – SHAM ON YOU ALL.

39. FIRE CONGRESS FOR LACK OF PERFORMANCE
    April 11th, 2014 @ 11:59 pm

AMAZING!!!
    Another vacation for Congress..while the unemployed TRY to stay ALIVE. You do not count the MILLIONS of children, elders and spouses who are dependent on these “breadwinners”.
    Add those stats and the NUMBER of affected Americans is MANY MILLIONS MORE than OFFICIAL stats suggest.
    I CANNOT IMAGINE what is going to happen to so m,any GOOD people who have been projected into BAD SITUATIONS throguh no fault of their own…and the SADDEST part is that OUR elected officials seemn to think we can just EXIST.

I recently interviewed with my state unemployment board for a job WELL BELOW my normal pay range…I am VERY willing to take the position as my life savings are depleted and I’m REALLY in danger of losing my car, my home…MY AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE….I called today ( FOUR DAYS after interviewing) to be told by the State employment office interview that SHE HAD NOT SUBMITTED MY INFORMATION FOR THE JOB UNTIL TODAY…and she will be on vacation NEXT WEEK..and HOPEFULLY another employee in her office will FIND TIME to “check with the prospective employee” about my application….Eating soup EVERY night for dinner is NOT what I am used to…and I’m grateful to have that..BUT…I WONDER..HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE BOEHNER, and too many others be SO complacent about what they are doing to the lives of the people who BUILT THIS COUNTRY..
    SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!…Congress deserves NO vacation..should be REQUIRED to stay in session and DEAL WITH ACTION ITEMS..NOW.

40. Aisha
    April 12th, 2014 @ 2:11 am

You know this is just ridiculous! The ones that are voting are still getting paid while millions of Americans, apply for jobs that don’t call back or never respond! This is ludacris! Not everyone enjoys “collecting a check” Some of us have real life situations going on s result of loosing a job. The longer you are unemployed the more employers view you as not hireable! Uggh this is frustrating

41. Rodney
    April 12th, 2014 @ 4:26 am

Our so called Government doesn’t care or use the proper information for the numbers they use for unemployment. Heck the numbers of unemployed people is totally false because a lot of us ran out and are not active, so we are not added. I worked for a Electrical company for 18 years as a Backhoe/Crain operator installing Traffic Signals through-out my State. Lay-off time up here in Washington State starts around the second week of November. I started my unemployment as usual then in January first the business shut down after 25 years because of our great economy. Now I am out of a high paying job. When I started my unemployment, I also started a Career Training program with them and SkillSource, as a dislocated worker, in a program called IC3. I qualified for Congress Approved Training (CAT) and filled every document required and qualified to draw unemployment and take their program. I am studying to be Microsoft Office Specialist. I never had to do an extension before now I have 4 weeks of unemployment left and been in school for 4 months, without the extension I will be forced to quit school and throw away what I have started in my education to better myself. Our good old American Government,they will jump to throw our money and support to another country and not help our own people. Our Government needs to rethink who they work for, we pay in lots of money thru “Taxes” so they can have their check.

42. Ethel
    April 12th, 2014 @ 6:09 am

I just don’t believe that the president let those jack ass leave with out passing the unemployment bill now he needs to be ashamed of his self we the people put those fools in office and trust we the people will kick them out office I hope they enjoy the good life now because u won’t in the November

43. Matthew Ashworth
    April 12th, 2014 @ 11:12 am

Unemployment should be extended because there are no jobs. The Obama regime has do nothing to create jobs, in fact just the opposite (Obamacare). Boehner is going to pass amnesty and make a run for the border. That is why we are trying to stop him in the primary. – #AshworthForCongress

44. Matthew Ashworth
    April 12th, 2014 @ 11:13 am

Unemployment should be extended because there are no jobs. The Obama regime has done nothing to create jobs, in fact just the opposite (Obamacare). Boehner is going to pass amnesty and make a run for the border. That is why we are trying to stop him in the primary. – #AshworthForCongress

45. lillie
    April 13th, 2014 @ 12:23 am

He who oppress the poor shows contempt for their maker but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. for like the grass they will soon wither.

46. billie bright
    April 13th, 2014 @ 9:27 am

why have a house of reps if one man can decide if he likes a law or not. if its not going to be what he wants, he just doesn’t bring it up. I thought in American, everything was voted on. Why pay all those people in the house if they have no say so in the matter.

47. sir steven duke
    April 14th, 2014 @ 12:46 am

It’s sad but the right wing has convinced too many Americans that the jobless are just lazy leaches that want a handout and not a job. They have done a neat job of turning the blame onto the victim and making the victim the criminal, then folding that into blaming Obama for it all. The problem is that in spite of some 40 million Americans either losing their jobs or being forced into reduced wage, reduced hours, part time and temp jobs, over 100 million didn’t lose anything. They kept their jobs, their homes, their incomes and simply went through a period of fear that they might be next…but never were. They were not forced to experience what these 40 million others did and cannot relate…The only thing they are sadly, and wrongly relating to, is the lies that it is the fault of the jobless and poor that they aren’t as well off as they should be, that millions are just leaching off the system and are simply lazy takers stealing from their pockets. I have personally seen people that have jobs they did not lose in the recession treating people they find out are jobless as if they are second class citizens that are beneath contempt and deserve to be ridiculed and scorned. It is disgusting to see and hear. It’s got to make you wonder how these people sleep at||night or look themselves in the mirror knowing that they have flipped the bird at millions of people and not even asked themselves where these people will sleep tonight or get their next meal from. How do you simply just turn it off and not care? If those millions of people mean absolutely nothing in the eyes of our leaders, we all better wake up and start changing our leadership. Even people with jobs need to be angered by this, not buying into the bilge water about debts, deficits and spending. These are our fellow Americans and they deserve better than to be called lazy leaches and takers. How dare any of us look at our jobless neighbor and even begin to think they are stealing from our pockets, or are the reason we ourselves aren’t better off. How dare any of us even entertain the thought that they need to be cast off so we don’t spend any more money on them, when we have dozens of other things we can cut to help our own. Do we all not realize that most of us are just a paycheck or two away from destitution ourselves? The working should be especially angry at this because this would be the way you would be treated had not the grace of God been upon you….

We have become a nation of people so ignorant we buy into this hateful nonsense and think it could never happen to us, or if it did we are so perfect that we could easily find work in a week…No, we’re so smart none of this would ever happen to us. We are fools to think that. We are fools to think our neighbor that worked for 25 years at their job and lost it, is suddenly now a lazy leach that wants to live off our tax dollar the rest of their lives. You aren’t “better” because you didn’t lose your job and you aren’t “smarter” if you managed to find one after you did. You were just fortunate. But we don’t believe or even appreciate that

48. bella fuentes
    April 14th, 2014 @ 4:27 am

Unemployment benefits should be extended. There are plenty of people in arizona that aren’t being accounted for. As for myself my 26 weeks have expired and DES still sends an automatic reapply for EUC but why if we aren’t able to apply until congress passes the bill. We apply for jobs everyday of every week and either don’t hear anything back or its such a political work force..HR depts aren’t following the proper process. Last week there was a job fair that 6,000 people showed up to and who knows how many weren’t able to show up.

49. Lynn
    April 14th, 2014 @ 5:42 pm

I have been a Republican since I was old enough to vote BUT I WILL NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN in November. This party does not have my best interest or the country’s best interest at heart. My vote is only one vote but maybe it means something. It means alot to me and I intend to use it to vote them OUT. I am not Pro-Obama but at least they are trying to help the unemployed.

50. DELLA
    April 14th, 2014 @ 7:24 pm

I am a 50th year old woman and I’ve been working since I was sixteen years old. I just recently lost my job last July due to restructuring.I don’t understand how benefits could just be cut off for people who only received them for a short period of time.I REALLY! don’t understand what the people should do Welfare on the rise you apply over and over for job placement what more do you want the people to do.

51. Burt
    September 19th, 2014 @ 8:28 pm

Mr. Boehner, you think all unemployed are Democrats,that’s why you think that move is very smart,but no,Sr,you are totally wrong,we are Republicans and we are unemployed too,so guess what,your move is taking away a few Votes from our so smart Party. You forgot who support you and your family,we voted for you and we have been supporting you and your family,you should be more considered toward us,but well in this case you will damage your party,because that is not my party any more. You have a very unhappy next elections.