Posted on | April 5, 2014 | 45 Comments

Unemployment benefit extension news review and Congressional Note Update today April 5, 2014:
The good news right now regarding the current long term unemployment benefit bill is that it is expected to pass through the Senate on Monday April 7, 2014. The bad news is that this does not mean that long term unemployment benefits will be granted to the over 2 million Americans currently living day to day without gainful employment and without federal benefits. Many of these Americans exhausted their long term unemployment benefits as of December 28, 2013.
The current bill, expected to officially pass through the Senate on Monday, is designed to extend long term unemployment benefits through May and will pay out unemployment compensation retroactively. The bill’s passage through the Senate on Monday will not guarantee benefits for Americans since the bill still has to pass through the House. Members in the House have been publicly vocal regarding their negatively skewed criticism of the bills design. House Speaker John Boehner relayed that the bill is not currently designed to promote job creation which he has said is an aspect necessary to gain his favor. He has also said that the retroactive payment design is flawed and would be unimplementable. Boehner has said that the legislation must be paid for and must include specific measures to stimulate job growth. Boehner said that these aspects have not been included and the bill should therefor be dropped from consideration. Monday will be progressive for the unemployment deal, but the path through the House is expected to be contentious.

Comments

45 Responses to “Unemployment Benefit Extension Update EUC; Extended Benefit Deal Expected to find less Support in the House”

1. David Pabon
    April 5th, 2014 @ 10:32 am

If this were to happen I can get my car ins. back up to look for work again, I’ve worked every year of my life since I was 15 yrs. old so I’m sure that I’ve paid my dues and be damned to be called lazy ….. this EUC is what I as a tax payer has paid into all my life …..

2. Carl Schultz
    April 5th, 2014 @ 11:24 am

Just remember one thing whether this passes, rejects or otherwise. Vote the Republican bastards out completely in November and any election option encountered. Boehner’s objection is not rational. One has nothing to do with the other. People are desperate. Boehner nor his crew of babbling theoreticians could care less if you lose your car, electricity, ability to feed your family, or if you die trying. This is largest group of self absorbed non-caring scumbags that ever walked the face of the earth. I pray they are punished one day for their selfish deeds. Vote them out and I say this as an X-Republican.

3. Carl Schultz
    April 5th, 2014 @ 11:30 am

And at the same time let’s approve another Billion for the Ukraine, Billions to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya or any other foreign country who despises Americans. As for we Americans, we are the stepchildren. We are last to be helped by Boehner and the Republican scumbags. Vote them out the door in November.

4. Robert Wheels
    April 5th, 2014 @ 11:59 am

Hate to wish life away, but can’t wait until November! Time for changes without a doubt !
    Don’t let the door hit you on your way out!

5. Denise
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

It is scary that these idiots have control over what happens if they had common sense they would realize you can not look for work if you have no money you cant pay car Insurance or phone bills or pay for public transportation with no income. That is their first stupid mistake. If you have a family are you going to cover a phone and insurance or by groceries and pay rent use common sense. I wish the stupid republicans could trade places with the unemployed American’s. Walk in our shoes! So send more money over seas and make your own people suffer you stupid idiot’s.I am a 56 year old widowed Mother who did not ask to loose her job

6. Renee
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:21 pm

Negative minds will not see positive results.. I’m thankful tht the bill will finally pass on Monday!! I also remain hopeful tht despite the doubtful ness of Bohner tht it will pass in the White House as well & become law. I’ve been unemployed for 7 months & been w/o my EUC for 3 months. Life has become a little but hard but I manage & trust in God & that I will continue to do!!!

7. david
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:21 pm

In accordance with the Huffington Post Mr. Boehner is worth $5,000,000-$6,000,000 and he could care less about the rest of the country. A meeting of the unemployed at his office would probably get this situation some much needed attention in the public eye. If he had a few thousand unhappy visitors it just might get the message across. If not anything else you can call his office at least once a day and tell him what you think about his policies.

8. AMERICANS
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:28 pm

They are not voting until 5:30PM on Monday and are not starting until 2:00 PM . So that only gives the house 3 days to get this passed. If not passed we have to wait until the end of the Month. I really am convised that the American people are not important to the goverment. We are just used for the gain of thier political career.

9. Cindy
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

You know, we’ve been down this road in February already, passed the Senate, failed the house. I am worried this is just another raise your hopes to get shot down. WE NEED THIS EXTENSION !

10. ed
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:42 pm

Mr. Boehner and all your Republican goonies.. First of all you obviously have no idea what is best for the $2 plus million Americans! that are in dire straits right now trying to make ends meet! When I`m not seeking employment I watch c-span and follow the agenda, when I see a bill pass through without hesitation to fund other countries It makes me SICK! Personally, you make me feel as though I am some sort of detour in my own countries path to the future! I have been part of Americas work force for over 35 years, a worker who has never made over $50 thousand dollars annually! but I have made a good, honest life for myself! now with a very tough economy, we ask our country to assist us and we are simply pushed to the side? From the seat of our President to our men and women fighting for our freedom, this is OUR Country Sir! We take care of our own! then we try to help others! I am not looking to become wealthy, I simply want to pay my bills! I sincerely hope you have put a little security away for yourselves, you do not want to be where we are when we vote you out of office!!

11. Linda DiGiovanni
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:42 pm

I truly agree with all of these comments there are to many hard working people out there looking continuously for jobs, and burdened with the hard fact that bills cannot be paid and families cannot be fed. Give them a chance to catch up, these Americans are not lazy there are limited jobs out there. The extension would just allow them to catch up and have peace of mind we are only talking about extending it for only 5 months come on House do the math!!!!!

12. steve
    April 5th, 2014 @ 1:57 pm

If I could get away with taking care of that piece of crap Boehner I would he shouldn’t be walking this earth treating the unemployed like we’re nobody . Yet they have money for other fucking countries Obama is a clown or government sucks . What we supposed to do rob a bank or something of that nature.every week is another excuse.tired of this shit what’s next recess?

13. having a hard time
    April 5th, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

Boehner is not going to pass the bill. he is upset because Obama care health insurance went better than he expected..remember he was fighting against it? so that mean we have to suffer because he’s a stubborn old brat! he doesn’t care if we voted him out in November. he will still be financially set for life. I still have hope that God touch his soul on Monday.

14. steve
    April 5th, 2014 @ 2:12 pm

2 million hard working people who lost jobs have friends and family members in the 10s of millions. Penny wise pound foolish.

15. Another Discusted Citizen
    April 5th, 2014 @ 2:20 pm

Mr. Boehner,

I am a 4th Generation American. I am not an evil person, never have been nor never intend to be. I treat people with dignity and would expect the same in return.Insofar as your opposition to the euc, I would just like to express my opinion about you turning your back on those who put you in office.I think you really need to take a reality check. You ARE NOT A GOD! how dare you fight this amendment while wearing a suit that costs more than it would take to provide the sustenance for a family in need to survive another month. You have political pages in your office to open your mail for you..very pompous to say the least. I bet your last 3 months of pay cleared the bank. All One could wish is that in November you will be dismissed from your duties and crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under.Maybe that “rock” is gone now, as the needy require such to rub a stick against in order to make a fire to cook on as many have no utilities…They have all been turned-off. 192,000 jobs created? Hopefully when you are gone, go to work part time at minimum wage.If that makes you “sad” and upset, then try using your $300.00 necktie and hang yourself.Live in a tent city where they will steal your $1000.00 shoes. You are a disgrace to this so-called land of opportunity. Prove where the opportunities are. Be a man, but first be a human. You are evil and arrogant.How dear you hold the “purse-strings” to your fellow Americans. Cant wait to watch you suffer someday.

16. Larry K
    April 5th, 2014 @ 2:51 pm

I have always voted republican in the past. Now I have come to realize that everything the republicans do is only in the interest of the very rich. They don’t care about the middle class at all. Boehner thinks he is God and it is up to us to show him that we will not put up with his excuses for not extending benefits. This situation has forced me to take a very close look at our government and how corrupt it really is. I have only voted for republicans over the last 30 years. I am ashamed that I wasted all of those votes. I will never vote for another republican again. I know there are many republican voters that will never vote for another republican again. The republicans are so blinded by this because they are so angry about Obamacare that they are killing their own party and are too stubborn to realize it. Boehner’s days in office are numbered. He is losing millions of supporters. We all need to take action over the next 6 days in order to get this bill passed. I have included a link below to tell you how you can help. We need everyone to help in order to get this passed.

17. earl
    April 5th, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

its time to do the right thing

18. Bels
    April 5th, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

It is very clear our government doesn’t not have any desire what so ever to work for the American people their only goal is to make their wallets fatter, if we end up on the streets with no food to feed our families, no heat to stay warm they just not care. And the excuse that keeps getting thrown around that the new plan for EUC needs to include job creation is a crock, it has been proven in many economic reports that reinstating EUC gives the ability to create over 200,000 jobs. This is just a political passing match that we are just the victims of.

19. Gary Smith
    April 5th, 2014 @ 3:44 pm

Boehner is pissed because he has been taking a beating from the “Lame Duck” President..The House controls the purse..So, with no Budget for the last 5 years, The House has not done their job and Bonehead is to blame. Obummer is snubbing The House and America..So both of them are equally guilty and it is NOT right to hold us as hostage because they can’t do their jobs. Mr. President, with all this talk of EUC Bill futility from Bonehead, it’s time you use your pen and make this happen..For the record you have no problem, both of you to send a Billion to Ukraine and make that a priority over EUC..shame on you all!

20. arland paul
    April 5th, 2014 @ 3:45 pm

This is an outrage there are 2 million people who are dependent on this bill to pass. And the speaker of the house is playing God with the lives of peoples who without this extension it will cause people to lose their homes and become homeless. Mr. Speaker How would you feel knowing you caused 2 million people some in your home state of Ohio who voted for you and knowing that you’ve abandoned them? For what some political wording of a bill that could prevent this catastrophe. That is showing that you have contracted that disease called “political amnesia”.. Please grow some and HELP your country.

21. rick
    April 5th, 2014 @ 3:52 pm

now they need a raise lol.

22. Danny
    April 5th, 2014 @ 3:58 pm

Takes a vote to be able to vote. So many BS procedures to help US citizens. But Ukraine gets help instantly. Now does the House have a time frame to vote to see if they vote. What a crock. I will be closely watching my reps. vote. Will vote appropriate when there are elections.

23. Dan
    April 5th, 2014 @ 4:28 pm

I just read six billion missing from the State Department, just seemed to vanish, What ? they can loose six billion dollars, but can’t help people in need.

24. Joey
    April 5th, 2014 @ 5:10 pm

Republicans really don’t care about this issue and they don’t have to care. It turns out they are getting at the very least more senate seats in November, and have a middling chance to get the six they need to take the Senate back. It turns out that this election all of the New Democratic seat that were swept and taken away from the Republicans when Obama was very popular are up now. They are long time red seats that almost surely will go back red. The republicans don’t need to care about us

25. sheila
    April 5th, 2014 @ 5:48 pm

I have work 30 years on my job and it close down. we did not get anything. what are we suppose to do? I am 59 and can not fine a job.What if you republican was let go with out nothing how would you feel.Company reopen under a new name with employees of less years

26. tired and hungry
    April 5th, 2014 @ 5:50 pm

What is boehner’s office number my friends and family are all going to call his office on monday. Im so tired of his attitude. Common sense is we all want to work but need money to do so. Wake up. !!!

27. Don
    April 5th, 2014 @ 5:51 pm

im from wa state. our unemployment office is great. we were told to report our job searchs and availibility. we do the same every week just like filing reg unemployment. i dont understand the problems with retroactive payments like bonehead said. and why does it take the senate days n days to come up with the votes. the democrats arent much better than the republicans. they are only givin the house a few days when they have taken forever to get it to them. they are sending a bill to the house that they know wont pass. they cant come together on anything but helping other countries. why dont obama take out his pen and get shit done like he said. i think they are all liars. lets replace them all with real people who can put their partys differences aside and do what is best for the usa and its people. we the people should always come first not other countrys that dont even like us.

28. tired and hungry
    April 5th, 2014 @ 5:56 pm

Lets all pray that Boehner really has a heart and is not as cruel as we all think. Im sure he understands we are all looking for work and want to but when you Doing have gas money or bus money or better yet internet service to apply. Because we don’t have money to do so and have borrowed beyond our means.

29. eric from indiana
    April 5th, 2014 @ 7:58 pm

This is nothing but political bull. Republicans are blocking everything because they are completely disillusioned as to what poverty really is and really means. democrats are just pushing dead bills to look good when in fact they know it’s not going anywhere. personally I am sick of all the incumbants and will be voting accordingly. My votes depend on passage or not. Proof of caring is in what you actually do for the unemployed congress… not what you can tap dance around and point fingers about.
    I’m speaking to you directly Boehner and your goons, you couldn’t be more of a disgrace in the eyes of your constituents if you tried. You are not god and you need a reality check of who you actually work for. Do the right thing and pass this immediately so people can eat and get back into the workforce to support their families. Peoples lives are at stake.

30. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
    April 5th, 2014 @ 8:48 pm

Not to be negative (I have been thinking positive thoughts for the last 3 months being that I am one of the unemployed) but I want to see these house dems giving Boehner a hard time and I want to see the media coverage. Unfortunately I have nothing left to give. I want us to be heard and I think that if the dems in house help us we might be (one can only hope)I have written and called everyone left messages and have gotten no responses other then robo-emails asking for donations.

31. Sherry Stahl
    April 5th, 2014 @ 11:04 pm

Here I am, unemployed for nine months having previously worked for 42 years. Unemployment has run out. No emergency unemployment. Desperately, daily trying to find a job — temporary, part-time, full-time, with no success. The republicans have let me down BIG TIME. Yes, we can help other countries. We can give successful, established businesses more government money, but we have no interest in helping our unemployed people who just want a job, any job. We can’t give them assistance while they struggle. WHAT A SHAME!!

32. Michael
    April 5th, 2014 @ 11:07 pm

Miracles do happen

33. Sherri
    April 5th, 2014 @ 11:26 pm

I think the only thing Boehner the bone head will do Monday is toss to himself…. how about another drink

34. Tyler Smith
    April 6th, 2014 @ 12:37 am

This is why the founding fathers gave us the right to baer arms.When gov gets out of control & turns on its people that’s why we have that right.That’s why they made it a felony to touch or threaten them because they know they have it coming.Do they think the military will turn on their own families.Hell no they won’t.We need to revamp own government.If your over 72,your gone,& term limits on these -to me they are more communist trying to control everything for our so called best interest.We are the real americans!

35. Dorene
    April 6th, 2014 @ 12:55 am

John Boehner, keep getting your tan, you POS

36. Barbara
    April 6th, 2014 @ 4:54 am

If people do get this benefit extension, they are not going to save the money. They will go out and spend it. That will help to keep many jobs for other people. We can’t afford to lose any more jobs.

37. Kevin
    April 6th, 2014 @ 5:11 am

Reading these comments daily from people who are being so harshly affected has really opened a window exposing the corrupt politics taking place in this country. And man I am sorry to say it’s not pretty. The sad part is, these activities most likely have been going on all along, but for the first time the stakes are high enough that millions of American citizens are being thrown under the bus by Republican leaders who are too afraid to go against their party leader and the GOP backers. Boehner has pulled out all the stops and is more than willing to take himself and all of his party members, for lack of a better term, straight to hell.

Mr. Boehner has mentioned on numerous occasions that he must see a bill with job growth and career training that’s paid for before he will allow any related vote. That in its self could be a good thing. The problem is the entire retroactive program being proposed is for only five months and the end of the time period is fast approaching. The GOP leader and some party members oppose every effort to compromise unless they get some amendments added to the bill like cutting more taxes for the wealthy, a oil pipeline out of Canada or repeal to ACA. That sounds familiar, didn’t we just waste 24 billion shutting the government down last fall for the same reasons? So what Boehner is really saying is they want something big in return or they will keep hurting innocent victims of the worst economy since the great depression. Again more political extortion. Boehner acts like he is concerned about the costs but is perfectly okay with wasting our money getting what he wants. He acts concerned about future employment for Americans yet stalls every chance he can thus depleting any real chances for training while again wasting more tax payer money and hurting more of our people. Boehner is an intelligent man and perfectly well knows what he is doing. This man is also heartless and greedy and will never do the right thing for the American people. He has completely checked out.

The whole process of how the EUC benefits ended couldn’t have been designed to hurt these American families already down and out any worse. Extending the EUC benefits provides a lifeline for millions of struggling Americans trying to adjust in a very difficult changing economic environment. These congressman are using our struggling Americans as political pawns. This isn’t like making them wait for a new transportation law too pass or changing a tax deduction, these people are loosing everything they own and all they have worked for their whole lives. Most of these people are older and will never regain their loss. This can not and will not be swept under the rug. The GOP tea party shows no sign of any longevity, they offer no solutions and don’t know or care what will happen to these now what looks like abandoned Americans. The tea party also has no future plan for their wake of destruction too these tax paying Americans and don’t believe it is even necessary too coexist with all types of American society, only the so called privileged. The cult like beliefs they embrace have never been economically proven and only serve as an excuse to hide their guilty conscience for personal gain. Any normal person would be able to figure out were this is headed and the ugly results will be ten times more difficult and costly than just doing the right thing. It is frightening too see how short sided they are. Letting these people and their families be scared and damaged for life will only guaranty the GOP demise. And right now that doesn’t sound bad.

38. Peter L Tomaino
    April 6th, 2014 @ 12:10 pm

It’s easy for them to say this.
    It’s just x-mas. Your parents tell you that you are getting the pony but you end up with the coal.
    The idea was doing public service was not to make you a millionaire. They make their money , set them selves up to get a high paying job after they get out of office. So to them, it really doesnt matter what happens to us. But they forget , if you have a public with no income, how are they going to buy goods and services? March is was claimed 192k jobs were created, bull ! it was most likely 90k people retired and they hired 192k people at less then half of what they were paying the 90k.

39. Connie
    April 7th, 2014 @ 4:48 am

PLEASE WE NEED THE HELP The President told them to pass it and here we sit still nothing and losing more and more everyday. Of course they do not care they do not need it and do not know how it feels to be lost and feeling hopeless. Quite taking time off and do the right thing

40. MAD MOM in Georgia
    April 7th, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

I am a Sr. Mortgage Loan Processor I was laid off on October 25th 2013 from a Bank after working there 2 1/2 years due to not having enough business come in to the company so they needed to downsize. However, I have been in the Mortgage Business as a Loan Processor for 18 years!! a lot of other mortgage/Bank companies in Georgia have laid off Loan Processor’s as well at the same time that my old company had Lay offs so you can imagine the joy of finding a job right now in the state of Georgia. I was approved for 18 weeks of Unemployment benefits they ran out on March 3rd 2014. since the Unemployment Extension for 2013 ended in/on Dec 31st 2013 I could not move or be approved into the “second tier” of unemployment extension approval because congress and The House has not passed an extension for 2014. I have search and applied every place that has been hiring for a new job I even have applied out of the state of Georgia in order to find work. I am willing to up root my family and move-relocate to another state in order to find work and provide for them.. I have three children and my Husband works as a License Roofer and right now that is the only income we have coming into our house. if it is a storm {Rain/Wind/Thunder/Snow} my husband cannot work and does not get paid for these days!! we live in Georgia so the weather here we have all season’s and experience it all!! I have worked for 28 years in America as an American born and raised!! paid my Taxes with every check and on time {in Which my employers took out of my pay} … to put all my life into this country and work hard and put something back into the system/ America. And I have to live from day to day wondering what we wont be able to pay or need pay what we have to let go or cut off in order to feed and keep a roof over our children’s head’s is very hard to do and think about. I am 45 years old and have cashed out my 401k retirement in order to payoff bills and keep us a float!! I should not have had to do that!!!!… I worked very hard for my 401k…. Shame on Congress and The House for sitting and trying to “one up” on the President and make his Term harder on him… While the very Americans that voted them in suffer and go through hardships! I wonder how CEOs and Congress and The House would feel if the Government Shut down with out pay and there was no Unemployment for there families BONUS checks, they had to cash in there life’s savings or Americans stop buying products to support and help the economy keep going. we have plenty of money for WARS {That we have no business in other countries business you can get congress and The House to come in and vote on this in one day!! in agreement. } we have plenty of money to find the missing plane in another Country {don’t get me wrong I am praying for the families and agree that America should help) However, where is the Help for the Americans who have invested in America all there lives!!… Shame on Congress and The HOUSE for taking so long to take care of there people!! America the Beautiful?? I cannot wait to VOTE!! Voting is FREE Thank GOD I don’t have to spend money to cast my VOTE. I promise you I will walk to the Polls if I don’t have any money to buy gas for my car to drive on Election Day. GOP I find is the Real Problem if it doesn’t benefit them there plans for how they see AMERICA should be or the for the rich they are not going to move so we must MOVE THEM OUT!!

#MADMOM #AmericaTheBeautiful?? #AmericanDreamISaNightMare

41. ted from fargo
    April 7th, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

i agree with all the comments so far. I too worked hard all my life, part of the working was in the military fighting for my (our) country in the vietnam “war”. That is when I realized that our government was “crooked” and a bunch of liars. I do not want to speak ill of Mr Boehner I just want him to do the right thing in helping the unemployed, we did not wish to be unemployed.

42. lorraine in deir need
    April 7th, 2014 @ 9:46 pm

I pray this bill pass people are on the verge getting put on the street I never want to become homeless again

43. Marie
    April 8th, 2014 @ 9:22 pm

To US House of Representatives

RE: H.R. 3979 – EUC Extension Act of 2014

I like to address some of the concerns of the Republican US House of Representatives and House Speaker John Boehner. The National Association of State Workforce Agencies recently sited the below concerns for the implementation of the bill. I like to address their concerns, as they do not pertain to the State of Maryland.

1. Administrative issues and cost associated with the legislation might cause some states not to participate. Issues include: a large number of EUC overpayments created by retroactively paying claim; states not having sufficient time to update their laws to conform with the changes in the bill as many state legislatures have completed their session for the year; and calculating proper EUC tiers.

2. Backdating EUC claims would “make it nearly impossible” to verify claimants were actively seeking work during the specific week, a key factor in determining eligibility.

3. The program changes included: changes to the number of weeks available in each EUC benefit tier; the state unemployment rates required to activate a tier in each state; and a requirement that states provide reemployment and eligibility assessments to most EUC claimants.

The State of Maryland – Division of Unemployment already has these requirements build into the existing system for Unemployment compensation:

1. Extends for five month the Emergency Unemployment Compensation program, which expired on 12/31/13 to 6/1/14.

(Restores the EUC benefits to eligible claimants prior to the expiration on 12/28/13. 2 million claimants lose benefits, whom have an existing or remaining balance of EUC benefits available to them.)

2. Extends funding for reemployment services and for reemployment and eligibility assessment activities. The bill stipulates times when these services should be provided to recipients.

3. Requires the Comptroller General of the United States to conduct a study on the use of work suitability requirement to ensure that benefits are being provided to people who are actively looking for work and truly looking for employment.

In the State of MD, immediately after filing for my EUC benefits on 10/5/13, my weekly were reduced by 20% due to EUC Sequestration Monetary Reduction, which ended on 11/3/13. I received my original weekly benefit amount from 11/9/13 thru 12/28/13.

Eight weeks after the start of receiving the EUC benefit and to continue receiving the EUC benefits, all MD claimants were required to attend the State of MD Job Assessment and Job Verification Seminar.

All claimants had to provide at least 2 suitable job contact information for each week that EUC benefits were provided for a period of 8 weeks. All MD claimants receiving the EUC benefits were also required to have registered with the State of MD Career Development Center prior to the date of the State of MD Job Assessment and Job Verification for claimants receiving EUC benefits.

Also, MD EUC claimants are required to make weekly claims for the remaining weeks that EUC benefits are available and we are provided a confirmation number from the Dept of Labor, Licensing and Regulation – Division of Unemployment Insurance for the filing of weekly benefits.

Please do not allow our representatives to take a two weeks recess before this has been addressed and passed.

Thanks again to the US Senate support and passage of this bill.

Vote Summary
    Question: On Passage of the Bill (H.R. 3979 As Amended )
    Vote Number: 101
    Vote Date: April 7, 2014, 05:32 PM
    Required For Majority: 1/2
    Vote Result: Bill Passed
    Measure Number: H.R. 3979 (Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act of 2014 )
    Measure Title: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to ensure that emergency services volunteers are not taken into account as employees under the shared responsibility requirements contained in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
    Vote Counts: YEAs 59
    NAYs 38
    Not Voting 3

Grouped By Vote Position
    YEAs —59
    Ayotte (R-NH)Baldwin (D-WI)Begich (D-AK)Bennet (D-CO)Blumenthal (D-CT)Booker (D-NJ)Boxer (D-CA)Brown (D-OH)Cantwell (D-WA)Cardin (D-MD)Carper (D-DE)Casey (D-PA)Collins (R-ME)Coons (D-DE)Donnelly (D-IN)Durbin (D-IL)Feinstein (D-CA)Franken (D-MN)Gillibrand (D-NY)Hagan (D-NC) Harkin (D-IA)Heinrich (D-NM)Heitkamp (D-ND)Heller (R-NV)Hirono (D-HI)Johnson (D-SD)Kaine (D-VA)King (I-ME)Kirk (R-IL)Klobuchar (D-MN)Leahy (D-VT)Levin (D-MI)Manchin (D-WV)Markey (D-MA)Menendez (D-NJ)Merkley (D-OR)Mikulski (D-MD)Murkowski (R-AK)Murphy (D-CT)Murray (D-WA) Nelson (D-FL)Portman (R-OH)Pryor (D-AR)Reed (D-RI)Reid (D-NV)Rockefeller (D-WV)Sanders (I-VT)Schatz (D-HI)Schumer (D-NY)Shaheen (D-NH)Stabenow (D-MI)Tester (D-MT)Udall (D-CO)Udall (D-NM)Walsh (D-MT)Warner (D-VA)Warren (D-MA)Whitehouse (D-RI)Wyden (D-OR)

44. Lazy and do not want to work
    April 10th, 2014 @ 3:43 pm

Who the HELL wants to work for these IDIOTS anyway? lets get real people more than likely all of us will get FIRED again… FOR NO DAMN REASON and by the way the SALVATION ARMY BLOWS ! dont go to these idiots for help with bills they are parasites.. SICK AND TIRED of waiting Barrack we need the CASH NOW

45. louise
    May 7th, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

What about people who are in there late
    60’s and have lost their job and only
    collect social security. We have paid in
    to unemployment for many years and I am praying that the House and the Republicans
    listen to President Obama and pass it. We
    are not asking for a hand out, only what
    we deserve. Please Republicans, use your heart to make that decision. Thank you.