Posted on | March 26, 2014 | 93 Comments

Unemployment Benefit Extension News review and note update today March 26, 2014:
Despite the fact that a contingent of Democrats and Republicans worked collaboratively to come up with an unemployment benefit deal two weeks ago, and despite the fact that Senate majority leader Harry Reid said that the vote to extend unemployment benefits to the long term unemployed would be a top priority this week, Senate lawmakers have not yet voted on the deal. The bipartisan deal would extend long term unemployment benefits to America’s long term unemployed for another 5 months. The deal would be retroactive which would compensate some unemployed Americans back to when benefits first expired in late December 2013. This aspect has been criticized heavily over the last week while Senate lawmakers were out on recess. Now that they have returned, over 2 million Americans are waiting anxiously for the vote to proceed. It is mid-week and the longer the vote takes to transpire, the more many will begin to assume the worst. Given passage through the Senate, the bill would have a difficult road to traverse through the House. House Speaker John Boehner has openly criticized the bill and believes that it is “unworkable” and should be dropped from consideration. Boehner does not believe that the legislation would create new jobs which is one stipulation that he feels is necessary in order to extend a positive vote. Boehner has also reported that the retroactive payments that would be initiated by this bill would be too complex for the current federal computer systems. Millions currently hope that lawmakers in the Senate feel differently. Millions hope for the Senate vote to take place as soon as possible. Hope however, has been a wavering commodity when it comes to restoration of unemployment benefits in 2014.

Comments

93 Responses to “EUC Extended Unemployment Benefit Plans; Senate to Vote; Emergency Compensation News Update”

1. richard c van etten sr
    March 26th, 2014 @ 10:38 am

I am sad. The Government is more worried about other country’s problems than ours.

2. Richard
    March 26th, 2014 @ 10:54 am

Too many self serving agendas of the politicians to be concerned for those in need. Voters put you in office, they can remove you also.

3. richard c van etten sr
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:03 am

This GUY is real smart when he say’s this, Boehner has also reported that the retroactive payments that would be initiated by this bill would be too complex for the current federal computer systems.
    This just a excuse! Any one on unemployment before the cut off gets it. If Your HOUSE PAYMENT, CAR PAYMENT, ELECTRIC BILL, PHONE AND INTERNET, INSURANCE AND OTHER BILLS ARE ALL 3 MONTHS PAST DUE, PLUS HAVING DEBT TO FAMILY MEMBERS ( DO NOT FORGET THE 9000 DOLLARS OBAMA CARE DID NOT PAY FOR A OPERATION ) I GET THE BENEFIT.
    SEE I CAN NOT GET! IT YET BEING 56 I AM JUST AS UNEMPLOYED AS EVERYONE ELSE. THEY CUT 10 WEEKS OFF, I WAS WORKING TWO WEEKS TO LONG I WAS BONED THE DATE I WAS LAID OFF!
    I AM VERY UNLUCKY!! AND I HOPE EVERY ONE ELSE GETS THE HELP! IT WILL MAKE WORK! STOP CHINA IMPORTS! IT WILL MAKE WORK!

4. Brad Metheny
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:16 am

Why does Boehner think that this bill needs to include job creation? What have these politicians been doing since they have been in office? They were in place while our jobs were lost and have done nothing.

5. Nancy B.
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:43 am

It seems like the American people don’t take priority anymore. We are left at the mercy of Congress who are more concerned with the welfare of the people in the Ukraine. This issue of unemployment stays on the backburner with no thought of working people and their families going without and losing everything they have worked and fought so hard for. “WE” are never in the forefront of the news and Obama hasn’t uttered a sound lately. He is too busy butting heads with Putin. In the meantime we are left at the mercy of Congress waiting and wondering if they will throw us any crumbs. All this crud about “job creation” and “job training” is not stimulating the economy. People who are desperate and hungry will dig ditches if they have to. No one seems to hear us and no one seems to care. We are left to feel helpless and desperate. This is not the America I grew up in and I feel like I have been reduced to a beggar. I have worked all of my life and I would continue to do so if I could find a job. In the past ten years I have held only two jobs, six years the first time and four years the last time until I was laid off. I am not lazy, good-for-nothing, I am a hard-working American, not a welfare recipient and I resent being regarded as such. But no one is listening and the “Fat Cats” can’t agree on anything. I have never felt so helpless in my life, used and thrown away like millions of other Americans. WE HAVE PAID INTO UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE and that’s what it’s there for, to help us in time of need. It’s not fair that many people collected it for two years and then it was denied to those of us who were collecting it presently. Those claims should have been extended in all fairness. Instead we are labeled “lazy and forced to look for work”. Thanks Congress.

6. Republican NO-MORE
    March 26th, 2014 @ 12:04 pm

This situation is exactly why the real name of the Republican Party is REPO-publicans. They watch as I lose my dreams. Home, vehicles, food, education and my childrens dreams. I worked my life to enjoy what I have earned, only to be let down in my time of need. Someone explain to me how the economy is stimulated as the banks take my property. Force me to live homeless with children in school, empty fridge and a PREVIOUS good credit score. The speaker is a “TOOL” and I will never support this Party again! Remove this simpilton from his pearch. Votes are coming and I assure you from the curb I will live on, I will make it to vote and it won’t include any REPO-publicans!

7. Kenneth J. Selwocki
    March 26th, 2014 @ 12:14 pm

… they say it is unworkable., the UC Dept only releases benefits for those that have applied, to say it is unworkable because they won’t know if someone is working tells me that they don’t know how the system works. Pass the damn bill and give those who need this compensation. For the love of mike, you forgave GM $6.5 billion dollars without a blink of an eye!… and today you worry about passing on money to those who need it and will spend it on bills to keep them going? Where is your compassion?

8. Walter
    March 26th, 2014 @ 12:26 pm

I want to acknowledge that I understand that John Boehner is just the mouthpiece at this point for the extreme tea-party republicans. I kind of feel sorry for him because he’s the speaker and gets all the blame. The reality is that any extremists in their individual philosophies are the people that need to be removed from Washington, democrat or republican. The only way to fix Washington is to try to give the jobs to those who are willing to work together for the common good of the American people. They both have good and bad ideas. It’s time to put egos aside, and be honest with yourselves, because what’s presently going on reminds me of a bunch of school children throwing fits if they don’t get their way. Grow up, man up, and do the right thing PLEASE! Thank you.

9. Denise Morin
    March 26th, 2014 @ 12:30 pm

Boehner needs to be removed from office he is an idiot. With out that bill being passed the unemployed have no money to look for work their phones are shut off for non payment and people are loosing their homes. They can afford transportation to go to an interview if called. What amazes me is they will vote on sending help over seas or supreme court judges but the people that put them in office they forget

10. JERRY
    March 26th, 2014 @ 12:32 pm

I AM A 49 YEAR OLD FATHER OF 5 CHILDREN AND SUPORTER OF THEM AND MY WIFE I HAVE WORKED SENCE THE AGE OF 14 AND PAID INTO THIS COUNTRY FOR 35 YEARS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER ASKED FOR SOMTHING BACK IN THE FORM OF HELP. IF THIS DOSE NOT PASS MY FAMILY AND I WILL MOST LIKLY BECOME HOMLESS I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THIS POSITION BEFOR PLEASE PASS THIS EXTENTION!!!

11. Larry K
    March 26th, 2014 @ 12:35 pm

I respect the 5 republicans that have crossed party lines to do the right thing and support this extension. I don’t understand how John Boehner can ignore the fact that he is making millions of people and their families suffer. Why doesn’t the President step in and do something? At election time we must vote Boehner out of office. What has he done to create jobs? NOTHING Over 200,000 of the unemployed are veterans. Boehner has no problem sending troops to war. You can die for this country, but if you come home and lose your job, he kicks you to the curd with the rest of the unemployed. If they don’t pass this extension, things are going to get even worse. The extension is the one thing that so many of us need in order to get our lives back on track. A lot of us are so far behind now that without it, it is going to be extremely difficult to recover. All we need is this life line to get out of the hole we are in. Please pass this extension!

12. robin
    March 26th, 2014 @ 1:08 pm

I JUST STARTED A NEW JOB I HAVE HAD HELP TO GET TO WORK FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS NOW REMIND YOU NO PAY UNTIL 4/4/14 EVEN THOUGH I MADE IT NOW RENT IS STILL 2MONTHS BEHIND MY CAR COULD GET REPO I HAVE TO BE TO WORK AT 5AM LEAVE HOME AT 3:45AM WHILE IN TRAINING FOR 3 WEEKS I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOOSING TRANS. MY CAR BECAUSE I OWE CAR INS. ALSO BGE IS BEHIND BELIVE ME I NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY BUT IT IS HARD TO STAY FOCUS WHEN I DONOT KNOW HOW I WILL GET THIS STUFF TAKEN CARE OF FROM THE LAST TWO MONTHS I CANNOT LOOSE THIS JOB PLEASE PASS THIS BILL SO I CAN KEEP GOING FORWARD PLEASE I NEED MY CAR TO GET THERE YOU NEED TO PRESIDENT OBAMA PASS THIS BILL ASP WE THE PEOPLE NEED IT NOW YOU SHOULD USE YOUR POWER AND SINCE MR.BOEHNER WILL NOT DO THE RIGHT THING IT SHOULD BE DONE RIGHT AWAY WE ARE DEPENDING ON YOU!!!!!

13. Ethel
    March 26th, 2014 @ 1:15 pm

Obama u need to step up and put your foot down do the right think for the American people make the senators stay in capital hill until they pass the bill people are losing everything they have worked for all there lives or do you care

14. Rich
    March 26th, 2014 @ 1:32 pm

John Boehner is a self serving leach who should try working in the private sector for minimum wage with NO benefits. He’d jump off a building within 5 minutes…and I wish he’d do everyone a favor and step in front of a bus. This 2 party political system doesn’t work. Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves. At this point, I’d rather have a king or dictator as the USA is the laughing stock of the world. We build/make/service/grow little to nothing and this Country has sunk lower than the great empires of Spain, England, Rome and Greece…combined!

15. L. Mullins
    March 26th, 2014 @ 1:37 pm

RepublicCon deregulation of the banks and Wall Street caused all this mess…and now they want to call the unemployed lazy, I’m sure there’s a bonus check waiting for ‘em ….smells a little like HITLER 2me

16. Rob
    March 26th, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

There should be no issue on getting people the money they have already paid into this system. The continuous comments on how this is a relief for lazy people and people that don’t want to work appalls me. It was of no fault of mine that my job went away. Maybe that had something to do with our government sending all our jobs overseas. Boehner needs to take a good hard look at the people suffering out here and take his blinders off. For such an educated man, your response to Extended benefits is that of simpleton. You have no clue to what the American people are going through because of your people and their ideas. Stimulation of the economy starts with the people spending. If there is no income for these people, how can that happen. Please get this vote done and approved. Three Million Americans depend on it.

17. Joann
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:06 pm

If this bill is not passed, I hope all Republicans know that they are all getting voted out.

18. Mary
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:25 pm

REMEMBER in NOVEMBER.
    Render REPUBLICANS jobless.

19. George
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:26 pm

I had a job and got laid off.I have a felony DUI and no one will hire me. I have paid all fines completed all requirements and they will not let me off probation after 2 years so I can clean my record. I have had job offers, but they won’t let me work. I’ve used up all my savings and not only that 25% of what I do received went back in taxes. I need help while I try and find work and get this off my record.

20. patricia c
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:29 pm

I lost my unemployment 10/7/2014 i lost my house and now im about to loose everything. A lady in the neighborhood took me and my soon in. A stranger we don’t even know. She is on drugs i don’t judge this lady. She needs us and we need her God will bless this lady i’m sure of it. I’m surviving on $300 childsupport and some Foodstamps. My son wants to quit schoo because he has no clothes. He wants to join the local gang because they tell him they will take care of him. This world we live in is a cruel place. The Lord is going to prove for those of us who are in need. This i claim in my Lord and saviors name Jesus Christ. Amen and Amen.

21. patricia c
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

I lost my unemployment 10/7/2013 i lost my house and now im about to loose everything. A lady in the neighborhood took me and my soon in. A stranger we don’t even know. She is on drugs i don’t judge this lady. She needs us and we need her God will bless this lady i’m sure of it. I’m surviving on $300 childsupport and some Foodstamps. My son wants to quit schoo because he has no clothes. He wants to join the local gang because they tell him they will take care of him. This world we live in is a cruel place. The Lord is going to prove for those of us who are in need. This i claim in my Lord and saviors name Jesus Christ. Amen and Amen.

22. John
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:34 pm

They stood by and let all the jobs move to China and then turn thier backs on us.. pathetic. I am disgusted with politics. How is that we are even considering helping the Ukraine when we can’t help our citizens? Citizens who have paid into the system thier whole life and it’s not there when they need it!
    Boner is the perfect name for someone that’s screwing us!

23. susan white
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:44 pm

its not the Republicans do,in this – its the Democrats tacking on Pork barrel money and unreasonable stipulations onto the unemployment bills [quote= Why does Boehner think that this bill needs to include job creation / what you people dont understand is the jobs are for “friends & family ” of the Democrats and not the American people

24. john smith
    March 26th, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

John Boehner “STOP COMPLAINING AND FIX IT”

DO YOU HAVE THE ANSWER, WELL
    “unworkable” “unworkable” “unworkable” “unworkable” “unworkable” “unworkable”

That’s not a answer.

You make sick!!!!

25. Joseph Moore
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:19 pm

Time for Boehmer to go. He is on a power trip. I used to be a rep. now a Democrat because of smucks like him. Hope he reads this.

26. Patrick McCusker
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:21 pm

It is my belief that the 2 million plus and counting all vote Democrat in the fall and get back the senate and the house.

27. Doreen Scherer
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:24 pm

I am actually annoying myself by bashing “”Bonehead” in everything I post lately; however, he leaves me no choice! I agree that Americans’ issues are always put on the back burner! While I feel for the whole Ukrainian mess I believe we need to help our own people first. I keep hearing about these astronomical aid packages being put together for the Ukraine and I wonder why some of that money can’t be used for the unemployed! The issue that most annoys me is the lack of media coverage and general apathy concerning this extension! I always post on my Facebook page updpates on the unemployment issue and even my own friends do not acknowledge them. I understand the fact that those who have jobs are not following this, but THEY SHOULD! WAKE UP AMERICA! This issue needs to be on EVERYONE’S agenda! Anyone can become unemployed on any given day! Our economy is suffering because the over 2 million unemployed have NOTHING to contribute…no money for basic necessities. Why don’t people understand that this will lead to businesses closing due to lack of business? Unless I’m really wrong, this seems like a no-brainer! Please, please do not forget this when election time rolls around. The Republicans are NOT helping us…not voting to extend unemployment and not creating jobs! They MUST go!

28. Marie Brown
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

To bad some of these senator/congress are not waiting line to collect some type of a paycheck…Lets start with Boehner

29. Sick of Republicians
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

It just does not make sense that all of a sudden the retroactive payments are not possible in some states .Why wasnt this brought up in January . The senate is ready to vote and John Boehner is using this for a excuse. Now they are getting ready again to go on break the middle of April.

30. Angie
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

I have not voted before in my life but I can promise you this, I will vote in November and I WILL NOT vote for any REPUBLICIANS.I have a workable solution for John Boehner, lets cut him off from any income and have him depend on the help of others and see how he is able to work with it. Not everyone who is unemployed had a choice to be unemployed. I BELIEVE THIS WOULD BE A WORKABLE SOLUTION!!!!!!

31. MP
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:45 pm

Another day of anxiety, another day of not wnating to get out of bed…another day of trying to figure what weill get paid and what will get thrown to the side and I gotta tell you that pile is getting bigger by the day, bigger then the to be paid pile. I am tired of seeing 24 hr coverage of the plane crash (I am very sympathic to those people lost their life and their families). And the media does nothing to help excalate this problem. With the 2 million people plus we could make the 24 hours news coverage. Take each one of us and interview us, show our stories the American People!! The Congress is only concerned about their political future and repealing and replacing Obamacare. Stations making up stories and the politicans calling each other names. GROW UP. Their are peoples life that rely on the emergency unemployment.
    Harry Ried should have this bill on the floor today!!!! Let it get to the house, let people really see what they are dealing with there.
    We the people need the money for gas i nour cars to go look for those jobs along with electricity to go on the internet to apply for them. How can we even get to a libray or a place with free internet when we have no gas?/

PLEASE DO SOMETHING TODAY. I have written and called every one just for a answering machine or a robo email and then at the end of the email they ask for a donation to their cause.HA and the money comes from where??

32. JUST TIRED
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:52 pm

Why should such an evil person have so much power.We all need to be sprayed with (BOEHNER AWAY)!!!!!!.

33. RB Dalton
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:10 pm

This is why the Republican Party is the party of NO! NO jobs! NO ideas! NO to middle and lower income classes! What voters need to remember is to hit NO to these politicians when they want our vote. THEN WE need to vote NO to them!

34. RB Dalton
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:15 pm

Susan White makes no sense at all. ” [quote= Why does Boehner think that this bill needs to include job creation / what you people dont understand is the jobs are for “friends & family ” of the Democrats and not the American people”. How does John Boehner wanting to include job creation into the bill equal that it’s job creation for Democrat friends & family? If Democrats wanted the job creation then THEY would want it put in, NOT John Boehner. Duh! Just someone else who wants to slam Democrats just to be slamming them. Neither party are stellar examples of true public employees.

35. vivian
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:19 pm

I’m tired of hearing the excuses too. Days are passing and nothing is being done. I agree with all who have stated, we need money for gas, car insurance, vehicle maintenance and electricity to operate our computers to find a job. It’s a simple solution.

36. Bella
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

Just Tired, no thanks. You get sprayed by Boehner.

Unless you meant spared.

The Speaker has no right to use this issue as his ammo to get back at Obummer for Obamacare. John John sure acts like he forgot he used to share 1 bathroom in Lima, OH with his 11 siblings. Too much wet wedgies, John John? You came from such humble beginnings that you can’t find in your heart to sympathize with millions? Are you that determined to pretend you have always been this wanna be snob, spineless and a cry baby?

37. Angel R.
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

Why is this bill not being handle like it suppose to we Americans are suffering while they take eyes on other countries and worry about there issues instead of fixing ourselves ,,family’s are being broken apart do to upaid bills people really need this bill pass ..I myself lost my apartment and my two kids live with there grandmother while I look and take what ever comes to me money wise no real steady work but to barely get by and that’s how im guessing they want us to do is struggle when we don’t have too……

38. Husband and Wife Unemployed
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

It’s pretty tough when both breadwinner’s are unemployed simultaneously, seeking work like fiends and someone makes a remark publicly that people in that situation enjoy their status. Now that is truly evil and super scary when the person making those comments hold a political position; it shows that they are truly unaware of constituents’ struggles and that they are way out of touch with reality!!

39. Anabel Araiza
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:43 pm

OMG this too much for any family to have to face in a Country that is always willing to help other, but not willing to help their own people. Know that we have funds to help them, but congress is just making excuses. I am not an expert, but the unemployment office keeps track of the unemployment by their social security. In America you have to have a social security to get a job. Once you have a job in goes into a system, like the unemployment and they can tell when you started to work and for what company. So if Boehner only worry is they don’t have any ways of knowing – who has return to work and who has not. This is not hard to figure beside you can go to jail if your lying.

40. Mary
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

Elections are coming!!!!! Vote the REPUBLICIANS OUT.

41. Anabel Araiza
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:45 pm

OMG this is too much for any family to have to face in a Country that is always willing to help other, but not willing to help their own people. Know that we have funds to help them, but congress is just making excuses. I am not an expert, but the unemployment office keeps track of the unemployment by their social security. In America you have to have a social security to get a job. Once you have a job in goes into a system, like the unemployment and they can tell when you started to work and for what company. So if Boehner only worry is they don’t have any ways of knowing – who has return to work and who has not. This is not hard to figure beside you can go to jail if your lying.

42. John P
    March 26th, 2014 @ 4:51 pm

Why don’t we eliminate some on the positions in congress. I did an internship through college with a Senator. He had an amazing expense account, a driver, a new car every two years, not to mention an office filled with people making $50k and up. Is that really all necessary ?? I didn’t think so. I also enjoyed wonderful meals and drinks all in the expense account. Oh. And my senator didn’t even go to college. Lol.

43. MP
    March 26th, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

Someone is paying Bonehead under the table or they are supplying him with this booze (not that he needs the money live but he does need his booze)

44. mike
    March 26th, 2014 @ 5:10 pm

that’s all we can do we are the ones that can make a difference VOTE THE REPULICANS OUT. Its the only way do not forget when its voting time. reach out and try to get everyone vote them out. to think I used to vote rep. im sorry. it will not happen again

45. david dobbins
    March 26th, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

Maybe the unemployed should all schedule a meeting at Boehner’s office in Ohio. Maybe a demonstration of how depressing it is to be without the support of your country is what he needs to see. What can we do to take money away from him … make sure he is not voted in again. I think a meeting of the unemployed at his office will have a lasting impact. Maybe looking in to the eye of the unemployeds children will make him see the pains of American’s who are starving and soon to be homeless. The republican party has an agenda to bring this country to it’s knees, don’t be a part of it. A vote for Boehner is putting a nail in your own coffin, he wants to watch American’s die a slow death, while he lives “high on the hog” on capitol hill.

46. Teresa B
    March 26th, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

Remember we have a vote. The Republicans who do not support the extension think we will be so focused on what’s going on in our lives we will not get out and vote. Let’s let the old adage be our theme: “If we can’t beat them, they can join us” (the unemployed). Let’s put them on the unemployment line. If they will not work with us, then we don’t want them working for us. WE TRULY HAVE THE FINAL SAY FOR OUR REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS! God bless you all.

47. Shelly P
    March 26th, 2014 @ 5:22 pm

Boehner wants to see job creation…tell me Bonehead, how does that happen when unemployed w/o benefits, losing their car (to look for work) no gas money (to look for work) no internet service (to look for work)
    This republican congress will soon be out of jobs themselves. I want Bonehead to pay my bills before he is laid off.

Life-long Democrat!

48. Hard worker
    March 26th, 2014 @ 5:26 pm

This is crazy, I really don’t know how much more I can take. I don’t have anything left to be taken or turned off. If we don’t act this November the higher ups will think this SHIT is cool.

49. John Boehner needs a drug test
    March 26th, 2014 @ 5:45 pm

They seriously need to get rid of John Boehner. He is the root of all evil and the master of excuses! Why do they continue to allow him to put an axe to everything????????????? He is REALLY MAKING IT BAD FOR THE REST OF THE REPUBLICANS WHO HAVE STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE. IN THE NAME OF JESUS, PASS THE DAMM BILL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

50. EuCdumped
    March 26th, 2014 @ 6:08 pm

Sad Sad Sad!!!!!!! I pray everyday they vote on this! When When When!!!!!!! Probaly never! I am so sad anymore, I worked 25 years of my life, to only be SPAT on by the GOV!!!!!!!!

51. Sharon
    March 26th, 2014 @ 6:11 pm

The Republican’s have been coming up with bad excuses to why they should not extend the unemployment benefits. What kind of excuse would they give if all there bills were pass due and collection agencies were calling demanding their payments and they were unemployed? What Than!!!!!! Please reinstate the EUB.

52. HEADHUNTER JEFF
    March 26th, 2014 @ 6:28 pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PRESIDENTS STATEMENT ABOUT HIS PHONE AND HIS PEN?????HE NEEDS TO STAND UP FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND SIGN A EXECUTIVE ORDER TO EXTEND THESE BENIFITS TODAY!!!I COMMERCIAL FISHED FOR OVER TWO DECADES PAYED INTO THE SYSTEM AND CANNOT FIND WORK,I’VE WORKED HARDER IN ONE MONTH THAN BEONER AND HIS CRONIES HAVE WORKED IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE!!IF ONE OF THEM WANTS TO CALL ME LAZY TO MY FACE THEY’LL BE IN THE E.R.GETTING A WHITE FISHING BOOT REMOVED FROM THEIR A##!!!

53. SO DISCOURAGED
    March 26th, 2014 @ 7:10 pm

I guess I am commenting just to vent because no one that can fix this is listening TO ANY OF US!! I am 58, my husband 56 and we have both worked for 40+ years, since we were 15 just like alot of you whose comments I’ve read. My HARD WORKING husband lost his job because the Co. downsized, layed off their highest paid workers & hired inexperienced people at minimum wage. We have always supported our country & proud to be Americans BUT have seen in our lifetimes that the “SYSTEM” DOES NOT support our loyalty. These idiot politicians should try & walk in our shoes before they judge us!! Thank the lord we have a Dear, sweet friend who took us in as “roommates” to help us out. Living on unemployment benefits IS NOT a joy ride–we payed him rent weekly until benefits ended in Dec. & we still live with him because he is so kind–even though we have not been able to pay him!!! It is not easy finding employment at our age. Somehow companies aren’t that interested in your experience anymore, just look at the fact that you’re OLDER & possibly “outdated”. We support Pres. Obama but are VERY DISAPPOINTED that he has let this issue slip to the “back burner”–PLEASE GET ALL OF US REINSTATED NOW!!!!! If we didn’t have our friend, we would be on the street HOMELESS literally. BE REAL PEOPLE & STOP THIS FORM OF POVERTY & HELL that we all are dealing with!!!!

54. jeff
    March 26th, 2014 @ 7:32 pm

Just pass the Dam Bill and stop crying that it is unworkable,It is Workable,Help the American people NOW

55. richard c van etten sr
    March 26th, 2014 @ 7:42 pm

The Bottom Feeders love our pain because they get our stuff for nothing and drop US in high interest land paying for years.

56. daniel
    March 26th, 2014 @ 7:50 pm

I am hoping that the little bit of money that wad helping feed my family and put gas in our car will soon return it has been very hard going without the help I was able to give.its very hard to find a job and I do think it would be a great thing if you collect unemployment that you should be required to take a drug test twice a month and prove that you look and actually apply at jobs.there would be nothing wrong with doing that and making it a rule to receive the governments money to ensure commonwealth.i appreciate the time that’s being put into making this five month extension happen and hopefully it will happen.but to say its to complex for a computer…..wow that has to be one of the ill
    minded politicians voted in.ive never voted a day in my life but if he thinks he will stay

57. Diana
    March 26th, 2014 @ 7:53 pm

Bonehead Boehner needs to wake up and smell the coffee. At least he can afford a cup. Those of us Americans whoe have paid into the system all of our lives and been dumped by our unloyal employers;need that insurance to keep going, while looking for employment. My State of Maryland will have no problem deciding who should get it, and who should not. I hope Mr. Boehner chokes on his next cigar. Geeez, let’s send some more money to another country so we look good. Hell with the American executive.Can’t manage the business on Capitol Hill. HEARTBREAKING

58. Angela
    March 26th, 2014 @ 8:10 pm

I would like for Mr. Boehner and anyone else in the senate to come live with me for just one day…maybe living the day to day life of an unemployed person might open their eyes. I am 45 and have always worked…unfortunately, I worked in local government, for an elected official that was a newly elected official and chose not to keep me after 8 years of hard work and dedication. Due to my state unemoyment ending and not able to draw EUC, I have had to sell family heirlooms, kids out grown clothes etc. just to pay my bills and put gas in my car to go and look for a job… But, I guess when u make what Mr. Boehner makes now and what he will make for the rest of his life, there is no way he can understand the hardship us “long term unemployed” are facing…..

59. Cheryl
    March 26th, 2014 @ 8:53 pm

I pray that it get passed. I have applied for alot of jobs it’s not

my fault that no one has hired me i even went to training and still hasn’t found employment.all of the money i saved for a rainy day is gone i really don’t know i’m going to pay my bills next month SO PLEASE PASS THIS EUC BILL.

60. Casey
    March 26th, 2014 @ 8:59 pm

I’m sorry to say this but it is becoming that the USA citizens or not a concern for those people in office but instead what country can we bail out when we sit here and we have paid our taxes done our time in the work field and now when we hit rock bottom it’s oh well but give the Mexicans jobs or other immigrants our jobs but we r born and raised here pay our taxes, social security, and every other thing that they take out of checks and the government just hands it to other countries like if it grows on trees but we get the short end of the stick. Work hard to keep our homes, cars,and everything that a person works for now is gone and you have to wonder if you will have enough money to pay your bills or food for your family but our government is so worried about other people other then the people they repscent so why vote if they just r going to screw us over from the first word out of their mouth is a lie u cannt trust them we really need a blue collar person in that big house on the hill for they will at least now what it is like to slave for their money and know what it is like to give a little sweat and blood to keep this country spinning

61. Carol
    March 26th, 2014 @ 9:15 pm

REALLY, our gov’t can send mega BILLIONS to the Ukraine but there is no money to help us, the US unemployed? Let me understand this, the bill for extending unemployment benefits is not workable and because it does not add additional jobs it will not help the economy. So it is being discussed for MONTHS in congress but it takes only one day to pass the authorization to send billions, with a B, to a foreign country. How exactly does that help the US economy. Are they going to pay this loan back??? Meanwhile, my fellow hard working, tax paying, unemployed citizens of this country who are losing their homes and aren’t able to feed their children are made to feel lower than dirt. We are classified as lazy freeloaders. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am a single 65 year old woman and apply for jobs every day, most times I don’t even get a reply. Believe me I would much rather be getting up and heading off to work every morning so I could have the money to help the economy. All we are asking for is a little help until we can get back to work. Please stop all this bickering and sign the bill.

62. johng69
    March 26th, 2014 @ 9:20 pm

c’mon boehner playing with people life its not a game you know its workable there family losing there house and car and so on..we need this bill to pass..do you know how it feel like to go to bed everynight knowing that you might get convicted from your home are your car getting repo and tell kids where only having mac and chesse for dinner cuase you cant afford buy anything else “we didnt ask for this” do the right thing help us..

63. Sandra Brannigan
    March 26th, 2014 @ 10:23 pm

For God’s Sake – HELP the American People! It’s about time someone stood up for what is right, Congress and the House can find the money for anything & everything except the AMERICAN JOBLESS.
    We are all waiting for someone to step up and help We are losing everything we own because our government does not have us as a priority.

64. Ivan
    March 26th, 2014 @ 10:27 pm

I agree with Jeff. Just pass the damn bill and stop complaining about it being unworkable. I thought in the good old USA everything could be worked out. You new age politicians are a disgrace to you predecessors
    Help your citizens NOW!!!!

65. Ivan
    March 26th, 2014 @ 10:31 pm

I agree with Jeff. Get to work and pass this bill

66. Lisa C. Dixon
    March 26th, 2014 @ 10:36 pm

I had to call a church member and ask if they could pay my electric bill and water bill. My mortgage is due next week. I will most likely ask someone to help with that too. My mother is purchasing my medications. I finally started receiving food stamps for me my son.
    Just go ahead and pass this bill already and give all of us our back payments. I worked for 14.5 years at one nonprofit and was laid off due to lack of funding. I search for a job EVERY DAY!! What more do you want?

67. Father of unenployed single mom
    March 26th, 2014 @ 10:52 pm

It’s crazy to think many millions of tax paying citizens are relying on family the way my daughter is depending on me. Without our help paying her rent, electricity and car insurance she and her two babies would be fighting over beds at the local homeless shelter. The landlord doesn’t care that there are no unenployment benefits available to her after she lost her job of 12 years working with special need children do to government cutbacks.They want their rent.No lights they will evict her for that. No vehicle cannot look for work. No way out? Extend unemployment benefits so she can start being a productive member of soiety. No money in, no money out. Politions need to think this crap through!

68. Rockman
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:10 pm

Vacations, delays, excuses, all are not workable. Because no one in Washington DC works. They all sit around a big table and point fingers at each other. Then they cry and give out poor excuses. After that for a couple of weeks it’s time for another payed one week vacation. That’s the do nothing Congress that gets payed BIG money by us the American people. Now the icing on the cake is Mr. Bonehead the drunk Speaker of The House. A man that hates and loves to see the poor unemployed Americans go down the toilet. Mr. Bonehead is anti- American when it comes to the poor or unemployed. The poor have nothing to offer Mr. Bonehead, where the rich is a different story. Mr. Bonehead is all about him,him, him.

My point is this. We the American people need to rid most if not all of our elected leaders and start over. This whole group of so called leaders are a real joke. This has to be the worst group of Government leaders on both sides of the table in the history of the United States. We need to start impeaching these people or find a way to fire them based on poor performance and no follow thru. And this needs to happen with no government perks as for payed health Ins. retirement funds as these folks would be let go as a disgrace to our US Government. Can’t or won’t do your job ——– Well your FIRED.

69. Susan Farrell
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:13 pm

Wait until election time Mr. Boehner. I bet if the govt. owed you a paycheck, you would be relentless. Better hope when you die, God isn’t as cold as you are.

70. MP
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:32 pm

Just pass it thru the senate and let the Nancy and house dems get on the get on the case of the republicans. Let them fight it out. By not voting on it is no good either

71. Lisa C. Dixon
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:36 pm

If I’m reading it right, it looks like the Senate will be voting on this tomorrow. Let’s hope that they will make the right decision. Let’s all hope they do , anyway.

72. J
    March 26th, 2014 @ 11:43 pm

Im in the same situation as a lot of you folks and it sucks when a lot of the stuff you worked over the years for, bought and paid for slowly slips through your fingers to pay bills, get around for interviews, food whatever it may be. This DICK, Boehner, does not give a rats ass about you, me or anyone else the MFer is ruthless and if i have my way about it, ill be got damned if that SOB EVER gets my vote! I hope he experiences this one day as well.

73. Shelly P
    March 27th, 2014 @ 12:46 am

I agree, someone is paying off Bonehead. There is so much corruption in the republican party.
    I am a Obama supporter, I believe with all my heart Bonehead and his republican crooked cronies are retaliating against him. And using us as the pawns. Look at what was uncovered in the EPA spending today! Using “our” tax $$$ for personal luxury items, trips. I say, CLEAN house and put the unemployed to work!!!! I could do better in a coma and hooked up to life-support!!!

74. Lori
    March 27th, 2014 @ 12:50 am

2 million of us, AMERICANS are hungry, have no gas to go for an interview, and could be losing their place to live(some already have). Congress needs to address this issue NOW!!!
    I will never vote for any republican, nor will my family.

75. Cathy
    March 27th, 2014 @ 1:57 am

I say we fire them all and lobby for a bill that will remove the insurance, security and all the other perks these idiots get just for doing nothing. When the term is up, so should the perks be. I am tired of paying for a concentration of idiots that will not do a simple job as to ensure that the American people can support their families and hold on to what little they have left to enable them to find work. No one that has ever held down a job past a year wants to depend on public assistance and unemployment. For them to say that this is a way to get people to move on looking for a job is a slap in the face of the people that put them there. You feed a dog with your hand open and arched if not they will bite you eventually.!!!

Congress “Repo-publicans” your time is near. You all have proven to be the most cruel people in your acts of pushing the American people into extreme poverty. When its voting time DO NOT APPEAL TO THESE PEOPLE TO HELP YOU STAY IN OR WIN OFFICE, YOU HAVE PROVEN WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT AND MADE OF. SO LONG LOSERS!!!

76. Josey Jaure
    March 27th, 2014 @ 2:27 am

The only one that can bring justice for us is God. They made many ways to weaken our voices, they don’t need our votes. they don’t care about helping us. All we are left with is the hate in our hearts for the injustice that has been done to us. I can’t wait for Jesus to return so they can all reap what they have sew

77. Fred Grabow
    March 27th, 2014 @ 2:36 am

How do you expect to have the people look for jobs, when they can’t even afford gas.Not all are as rich as Bohner.

78. RAY
    March 27th, 2014 @ 2:40 am

Mr Speaker Iwas laid of at age 64 and 8 months am a healthy man serve d my country, not like you who failed boot campand have worked every day with no sicl call. was replaced by younger person for less money and no skills. if you think I want to be unemployed, please call me ,I am willing ready and able to work,do not need vacation every month as you do.just need some help to get through until that opportunity comes along

79. Kim
    March 27th, 2014 @ 3:27 am

Really to hard for the computers…I sign up every week.(JUST IN CASE) “Push the send button.” They flag us people like we are lazy bums. If I remember correctly I had to work my ass off to be eligible for benefits. I have worked 32 years, working full-time many times a full-time plus a part-time job so I did not have to ever have to ask for assistance. My reward is its “unworkable” I think they rather every hard working individual to be on assistance.

80. ED
    March 27th, 2014 @ 4:08 am

This makes me sick ,I just cant believe the way they are treating us if there is a GOD please help us now

81. GaryO
    March 27th, 2014 @ 2:40 pm

JUST PASS THE DAMN BILL WE PAID INTO IT !!! SICK AND TIRED OF WAITING FOR MY MONEY. I AM OUT OF WORK. UNDERSTAND THAT.

82. Kate
    March 27th, 2014 @ 3:46 pm

How can you continue to give to the welfare when there isn’t money for the people who work to pay for the WELFARE TO LIVE???? Where is the Welfare funds coming from?? As myself my unemployment was/is put on hold because of no money!! I and everyone else deserves their unemployment!!! We worked for it!! I worked most of my life and it’s now time for these people whom collect welfare to go to work and not keep depending on people that WORKED for their money!! Don’t quite get it!! May God Bless this Nation!!

83. Kate
    March 27th, 2014 @ 3:54 pm

It has been very hard for everyone to live with out unemployment it may not have been a lot but it HELPED! The only income in my home is my husbands disability which isn’t much and it is hard to maintain as for us now trying juggle my bills along with the regular bills and by all said and done we eat a lot of that pack ramen soup because their isn’t much money left from his disability.. With my unemployment I could keep up with my bills alone..

84. MP
    March 27th, 2014 @ 4:32 pm

Can someone answer why this bill has not been sent to the house and the senate is sitting on it?? I want the house to look like they are evil (which they really are) epecially Bonehead!!!

85. Shelly P
    March 27th, 2014 @ 5:55 pm

Bonehead and his crooked cronies can take our homes, cars, food and more……….however, Bonehead can’t take our VOTE away! Come November, nobody here is going to have amnesia! You’re history, BONEHEAD!

86. Nancy Sinnott
    March 27th, 2014 @ 6:02 pm

Give those people what they need. All of you republicans and be replaced. Give these people the help they need, homes are being lost familys are being broken.Soon all will be homeless NOT EVERYONE HAS A FAMILY MEMBER THAT CAN TAKE THEM IN…..

March 27th, 2014 @ 6:31 pm

I bet John Boehner could figure out how to implement this if it was funding his salary. If he’s that ignorant maybe he should resign his position. Democracy is dead in America, that’s for sure. This country is run by a wealthy dictatorship which is no different than any other dictatorship in any other country or in any other time in history. Just like the emperor of France or the czar of Russia. I think it’s long since been time to start chopping some heads. These people don’t represent us any more than the king of England did.

88. Kate
    March 27th, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

Why don’t you people that is part of Senate and so on) come live in our homes and see what it’s like to have to eat soup all the time because of no money and the WELFARE living high on the hogs!!!!!!! You would never make it living like us not knowing where what who and how we going to pay our bills and put food on the table for our families!! REALLY??? IT SUCKS BEING HUNGRY AND NO MONEY TO PAY BILLS AND NO JOBS!!!!!

89. Kate
    March 27th, 2014 @ 8:06 pm

To the ones in the senate come live our lives and see how you survive!!!!

90. MP
    March 28th, 2014 @ 12:24 am

NOW HERE’S ONE I JUST EMAILED A LETTER TO BOEHNER AND JUST WHAT HIS MAIL BOX IS FULL AND HE IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW EMAILS….WHAT A FLIPPIN JOKE

91. Cindy
    March 28th, 2014 @ 9:54 pm

I thought I was having economic problems…I read the comments left and it breaks my heart. I agree with all of them! First Congress needs to be paid minimum wages so they can relate to our issues and secondly Congress needs to understand they are representing us! Not their self-interests. I am tired of hearing how our government can pass bills to give money to other countries yet fight over doing the right thing and passing bills that will help us. And complain they can’t find it in the budget…where did you find the money for condoms for the people in third-world countries! Seriously, stop the crap and pass the bill.

92. Kate
    March 30th, 2014 @ 1:47 pm

I agree Cindy! And I agree with so many comments on here!! May God Bless us ones who have suffered.. The unemployed!!

93. Oliver Hands
    April 30th, 2014 @ 8:48 pm

What and the hell is wrong with us voters that let people stay in government so long that they lose touch with reality, we need term limits, we need this on the presidential ballot let us as tax payers make that decision