Posted on | March 22, 2014 | 112 Comments

Today’s unemployment benefit extension news and vote update March 22, 2014:
The week of recess has passed and Senate lawmakers are prepared to reconvene on Monday to consider the most recent unemployment benefit extension proposal. Although the Senate was expected to vote and pass a deal to extend long term unemployment, media reports have revealed that House Speaker John Boehner is not happy with the plan. The proposed plan waiting in the Senate right now would extend long term emergency unemployment benefits for five months through May and would be retroactive. Boehner has publicly shared his disapproval of the deal. He does not believe that the plan would be financially responsible nor does he believe that the plan would promote private sector job growth. Boehner cites warnings from the state workforce agencies that state the legislation would be unworkable. House Speaker Boehner states that the deal does not get to the root of the current problems and should be dropped. These words are not good news for over 2 million Americans that are currently unemployed and not receiving long term emergency compensation.
Despite the negative possibilities, U.S. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez openly disagrees with House Speaker John Boehner’s assessments. Perez says that he is confident that solutions are workable. He also stated that the Department of Labor has consistently worked with states to implement benefit extensions in an efficient and effective way. The war of words should escalate until the Senate vote transpires, potentially this week.

Comments

112 Responses to “EUC Unemployment Benefit Extension and Federal Aid for the Long Term Jobless; Emergency Support Update 2014”

1. sophia fleming
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 11:16 am

Please pass this extention Myself and millions of people are relying on it before we lose everything we have worked so hard for.I have worked since I was sixteen years old as a single mother of three boys I never ask the government for a thing I am begging and pleading now I am 51 years old and I am desperate I don’t want to lose my home please congress please Obama help the American people and pass this PLEASE!!!!!

2. Sanford Rivers
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 11:58 am

I am trying to be as optimistic as I can be , this extension has been lingering much too long. I have worked for the federal government for years and did not see this coming ,please find it in your hearts to pass this bill. The American people are counting on you guys in Washington.

3. joe molina
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 12:02 pm

Boehner is a heartless bonehead

4. Judy hummel
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 12:09 pm

If this bill is not passed we will lose EVERYTHING! My husband has been out of a job since last February 5th.
    Everyday he looks for a job and no luck. We live in a tourist area and hard to find a job especially a full time job. Our only income is my SS Disability check of $1238 the 19th every month. They are going to foreclose on our house. Soon they will repo both our vehicles because we have fallen behind since beginning of January. We have enough trouble paying out electric, phone, insurance, water bill.. Sometimes I have to pick and choose which of my medications to stop taking because I can’t afford to pay for them all. My vehicle is sitting since January 31 because can’t pay for the 5 yr registration here in MD. My husband is 58 and has worked since he was 15 and has NEVER collected unemployment until know and his country lets him down.
    Bohner doesn’t care if it’s passed. He isn’t losing his home. Can pay his bills. Buy groceries. Buy want he needs and wants. Has nice things and doesn’t have to worry about anything being repo’d or foreclosed.
    Confess should have term limits just like the president does. It shouldn’t be a lifetime job or until u decide to retire or are voted out. Right years and your done and the people vote. The longer they are there the more they forget why they are there and HOW THEY GOT THERE!!!!

5. betty
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 12:39 pm

Mr.boehner come take care of my family.o yea We have bills too.ur check must be big enough…

6. Nichole Mohr
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 12:50 pm

I really DO NOT appreciate all the negativity! Give these millions of people some hope! One day we read in the news that there will be a vote this week and then the next day, we read Senate has taken a recess, when they return there will be a vote! Well… this is completely ridiculous amd really looks childish. What should’ve been done is more work and less bs. There are millions of good, educated, hard working American’s out of work! The nerve of anyone to half a** at any job, there is always someone in need that would appreciate the job.

7. Susan
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 12:58 pm

It doesn’t have anything to do with Obama. The Republicans just want to cater to their 1% supporters. The 1%supporters that don’t want to pay higher than slave labor, minimum wage, or benefits to working people. If I believed in God I would find comfort that they would rot in hell, but looking at how random life is and increase in total corruption leads me to realize we can’t do the right thing anymore because you will get screwed.

8. Yudith
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 1:05 pm

It is so sad that for people like me who has worked for 27 years can not find a Job in the industry because of age reasons….Please pass this bill and give us the opportunity to change careers and feed our children. Im a single mother of two and begging my retired parents for food onces a week, splitting on chicken cutlet in 3 peaces and adding water to orange juice..Is this reasonable in a country like this.

9. Marc Smith
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

The World has become Cold and the Haves want it all and they don’t care at all about the Have-Not’s, I think if they could just sweep this Problem across someone else’s Border they would. The GOP is in the pocket of Big Money and not about People, they prove it with their actions. We need more jobs in this country and we keep losing more, I think it will get worse over time and getting a good job might become almost Impossible. Not Cool at all!

10. Jimmy
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 1:15 pm

Boehner goes out to eat at resturants,sleeps well at night,has a vehical that can get him to his job.

Reading what I just wrote makes me long to have these luxuries (YES I NOW CALL THEM LUXURIES)There was a time when I had all this.I worked very hard my whole life since my paper route when I was 13 I’m now 47 and eating one dollar cans or ravioli and romon nuddles.

It gets rough, my rent is due.
    DEPRESSION really sets in.(I can’t afford to go anywhere)I just stay put in my apartment for now.

11. its all gone
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

For people like myself its already to late… I’ve already lost everything I owned in Fairview Park Ohio and forced to move halfway across the country to where jobs are fewer. Back dated extensions won’t help me now. Good luck out there and God bless

12. Patty
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

Please pass this bill. !!!!!!!!

13. Angela Valvano
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 1:37 pm

My husband is 56 and has worked since he was 16. He runs heavy equipment and at times works away from home and up to 80 hours a week to provide for us. Unfortunately, climate does not let him do his job in winter and we rely on unemployment to pay bills, fuel, and taxes! We are hardworking people, not lazy slouches who are looking for an easy out. We are tired of government thinking those unemployed don’t want to work. It doesn’t matter how many jobs you create, they will probably go o China and those of us who are seasonably employed still lose! Guess you won’t get your tax $….I don’t have any!

14. Larry
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 2:10 pm

The only thing that is unworkable is Boehner. It should not matter whether or not it is a difficult task. He acts like it is impossible to do this and he’s complaining about the costs. The part of this that will cost more money are the changes his party made to the bill. And that should not matter anyway because this extension is really an emergency. People are losing everything and children are going hungry. Bite the bullet Boehner and pass the bill. And he said he wants to get to the root of the problem? I can tell you where that is, the republicans are so mad about Obamacare that they are going to make everything else difficult. This is all the republicans doing. By making the American people suffer is not going to raise popularity for your party. The state agencies can handle the work on the extension. Boehner just doesn’t want it to happen!

15. stacey
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

Please consider not only the person who is out of work through no fault of their own but also the children that may be affected. Do you really believe that those who are out of work knowing that they can only get temporary help are not trying to find work and rebuild their career? Many families are at risk of foreclosure or bankruptcy or both…how can we allow our neighbors to suffer this way. I know that I won’t vote for a single republican next election unless this goes through. Lets give them a taste of their own medicine and let them see what its like to lose their jobs and huge salaries. Although this would be unemployment by fault of their own by refusing to help Americans in need!!

16. kemm
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

OF COURSE THERE IS A WAY TO FIX THIS..BONE HEAD HAS RIGHT WERE HE WANTS US (BEGGING) He would rather help other countries then Americans. I paid for unemployment insurance benefits my whole life Im 52 I can’t find a job . There are none… ID LIKE TO SEE CRY BABY BONEHEAD LIVE THIS WAY LOSE EVERY THING AND SUFFER. DO U THINK HE SHED.A TEAR FOR US? Well karma is a bitch and I hope it comes back to him times ten.. Thank u MR SPEAKER.. WE SEE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE NOT IMPORTANT TO YOU . SEND ANOTHER BILLION OR SO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY. SCREW AMERICAN SOME MORE. . THANK YOU FOR LETTING ALL OF US SEE YOUR TRUE COLORS. AND ONE DAY I PRAY YOU FEEL THE PAIN YOU YOURSELF HAVE CAUSED MILLIONS..

17. Albert
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 2:36 pm

There should not still be a question of if it can be done. It should be done. Each time a resolution is near another “reckless excuse” pops up. I say reckless because there are American every day people being deeply affected needlessly including myself.

18. Diane
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 3:07 pm

Boehner recently announced that he was probably going to retire. The benefits after retirement that these azzholes get is phenomenal and obviously must be paid for by the taxpayers. Therefore, there is not enough money to set him up in FL for the lifestyle he is expecting and paying for our euc. Also, he is not concerned with running for reelection.

19. anthony rivera
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 3:45 pm

please pass the bill because im going to loose my apartment.Im three mouth in the hole since u stop the extention ,so please I need it bad congress .cant pay my phone bill,cant look for work with out far, cant pay for food and I worked so hard for it.do the the right thing.

20. djjd
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 4:05 pm

Boehner-heeelllllpppppppp us we fight for this country help us in America anything could be workable don’t u and the rest of republicans be unemployed come elections because of this

21. Cindy
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 4:06 pm

Boehner Please Find It In Your HEART to pass this and approve this unemployment extension. WE have been patiently waiting to be on the receiving end of all this. WE are LOOKING AND APPLYING for jobs everyday. It is a frustrating to even apply for a janitorial job and not even get an interview. I have worked as an administrator for ten years and I cannot find employment. I have applied for 20 positions within one hospital and still have NOT had the opportunity to have ONE interview. My FAMILY is suffering. I am on the verge to being evicted from our rental home and will be losing my only means of transportation soon. WE AMERICAN CITIZENS of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA have suffered long enough. Please Do What Is Right For The People oF THE UNITED STATES. We are not LAZY, UNEDUCATED PEOPLE who enjoy living this way. We are HARD WORKING people who lost employment that was beyond our control.
    Do you know how it felt to not be able to AFFORD to buy ONE christmas present for my children? So Many disheartening life stories WE could share with you, but WE are managing to survive by the grace of GOD. Please Pass the Emergency Unemployment Extension. You Have the Power to Make Things RIGHT…

22. EJ
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 5:00 pm

What is wrong with Boehner? The American people are hurting, no jobs, loosing homes, no food. The $300.00 is not a lot, but it helps. He is in a house on the hill with food, heat and etc. Boehner, please put yourself in this position. I pray that God will open up your eyes.. I am 60 years old, been on 4 interviews, complete 5+ apllications a day. When I walk into an interview and complete the required forms. My age is a factor and I know this.. Yet, we are told that we are lazy. What do you have to say to someone like me?

23. John Q Public
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 5:06 pm

This Bonerhead is a real piece of work. Goes to show the effects of alcohol in the family lines I guess. He outta go back to the family business and be a Bar BAck. He should qualify. Just hope he doesnt get fired. Thjey are now calling his party the REPO Party. Boy the Democrats should take every single advantage of this They better get to work for at least a day or 2 cause there is another recess coming up. I wish I would have gone into Politics. 2 days on five days off. Sounds good sign me up

24. Andrew
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

So many of us need this federal aid to keep the lights and phones on. If it does not get passed how are the cell phones and land line phones suppose to stay on so when we do apply for jobs we CAN receive calls back. Not passing this would be extremely counterproductive to the American people returning to work.

25. Scott P
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 6:53 pm

The Repubs just don’t get it. They think their way back into the White House is to deny every Democrat-backed bill put before them, but this time it’s backfiring miserably. The Dems passed EUC extensions five times for Bush #43. Why? Because they knew the people affected needed that money. You GOP morons aren’t connecting the dots here, and it’s going to cost you at the ballot. Count on it.

26. sal
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 7:07 pm

some one please answer this question where is the president in all this it let the speaker of the house be more power then him its sad I lost my utilities already everything my apt & Im homeless Mr. Speaker & Mr. President

27. anthony patterson
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 7:51 pm

Republicans are anti American. They really don’t care about you or me. They only care for big business because corporations are people too.

28. ANTHONY MAISANO III
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

Try to make this work: GOP, you are all fired. Ryan, Cantor… don’t collect next week’s check, don’t use a sick day. Tough reality, huh? What would our GOP Congress people do if their tax payers realized that another fiscal and legislative quarter has passed and NO SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATION has been moved forward. How about this: To the GOP…Don’ show up for work until 2016 because you think it is not in your best interest to be tied to ANY legislation until then. No wonder why the GOP is an international laughingstock.

29. Unhappy Camper
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 10:10 pm

“Boehner cites warnings from the state workforce agencies that state the legislation would be unworkable.”

Of course the indolent workforce agencies see it as unworkable. If passed they might ascend to the top spot as the most inept branch of government, currently held by Congress.

30. Stephanie Wescott
    March 22nd, 2014 @ 11:58 pm

My family has lost our house and have moved into a shelter while we have had to put our family dog in a humane society hoping we will get her back along with finding housing if this bill finally passes. This is the 1st time I have ever collected unemployment and have paid into this program for many years while I have worked. My family consists of myself and my husband and 3 small children. Never would i have thought our elected officials that WE PUT INTO OFFICE would turn their backs on what is now close to 3 million Americans. Tell me something Congress, how much money and aid have we given to other countries, many that would probably never reciprocte the same? Yet you are comfortable letting millions of AMERICANS lose everything over a few million dollars? By the way just one more question, how much did it cost us to pay for your last 6 week winter vacation? Let’s get real here and focus on this issue now and get this vote passed asap!

31. The Professor
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 12:31 am

It isn’t the Republicans, it isn’t the Democrats, it’s about professional politicians who could care less about the constituents they represent. Tie that to a society that won’t hire any one over 45, an economy that isn’t getting any better, 2 million unemployed workers who really deserve extended benefits and we have a real mess. BTW, I have a PhD in business, have applied for every job I can find since 2009 and all I can find is an Adjunct Professor teaching a class or two every semester at a state university. Can you say “term limits”

32. lillie
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 1:08 am

Mr. Boehner the most important thing you can do is to face honestly the wrong you’ve done and turn to God for the forgiveness and new direction you need. God love you. don’t turn back on the people. so many have lost so much. hear and pay attention, do not be arrogant, for the lord has spoken.

33. Lois Priore
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 1:38 am

What he doesn’t understand is that most of these Americans have worked all of our lives almost every day, we spend countless hours at work and taking care of our families not able to take vacations every other week from our six figure jobs to demean the middle class Americans who are struggling to eat while he sits on his six figure salary and relaxes !!!!!

34. lillie
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 1:51 am

Do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Do not fret because of evil men 0r be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither. Delight yourself in the lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. for evil men will be cut off. he who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their maker but whoever is kind to the needy honors god.

35. Help those who need help
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 3:46 am

help us please ! ! !

36. John S
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 3:59 am

I can only ask this; after all this time how is the extension not able to be implemented ? This is not the first time an extension has been voted on so what is the real reason the speaker wants nothing to do with the passing of the bill. There are other motives at play here and it has nothing to do with the States working the plan. Someone wants the Bill not to pass for some reason. When I spoke with the Pa. UC person he told me the bill is dead and that was 5 weeks ago. My greatest worry is the Veterans that are not working and out of UC – the Speaket is turning his back on over 250,000 vets in need of EUC. So what is the real reason the EUC program scares so many people when it’s been around for over 7 years now ?

37. L Love
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 5:00 am

There should be a two terms only for congress and the senate some people spend years in the House and senate just on name recognition the people of Ohio should not elect Beohner back in that man needs to be no where near Washington DC

38. Leslie
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 8:17 am

Yeah, I’ve actually switched political parties over this. I mean, I was beginning to rethink being republican (well I wasn’t affiliated with a party but I leaned more republican) but this tipped the scale to anti republican. I’m sure I’m not the only young voter to whom this has happened. The republicans should be worried about losing so many young voters because as the older more conservative generation dies out they won’t have many supporters. Anyone who is not rich and retired knows someone who is unemployed or is unemployed and can see what this is doing to people. The republicans need to stop dinking around and pass this. I know they don’t care about Americans, but they do care about themselves and getting reelected.

39. charlotte cox
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 11:51 am

Please pass this bill. After many years of being a tax paying citizen I found my self going back to school for a higher education. During that time I was unable to successfully hold a full time job and go to school full time. I am now a graduate as of 3/20/2014 but am financially unable to pay for my state boards to become a licensed nurse that I put every penny I had into. I need the EUC in order to go further and get a job!

40. "Fed Up"
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 12:24 pm

Get John Boehners attention right now and ALL OF YOU PLEASE go to this url and sign my petition to impeach John Boehner lets get his attention, thank you…
    http:/wh.gov./lpKi7

41. Judy Gober
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 1:51 pm

Did Mr. Boehner accept back pay after the government shut down. You bet he and others did and it was a lot more than most received in unemployment benefits. Time for Boehner to get out of Washington. And congress to get back to the peoples business.

42. Sick of Republicians
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 2:22 pm

I dont know how some of those people in the house and senate sleep at night. Good hard working Americans are suffering and they dont care!!!!!

43. MP
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

I have posted on this site and others several times in hope that this gets read by people who should be reading this. The United States Congress, those heartless people lead by King Bonehead. I wake up every morning with a pit in my stomach wondering how I a going to face the day. Hours on websites trying to find employment with no success, walking the pavements trying to put in applications, and they call this lazy. They are the ones that are lazy, 3 vacations and it’s not even the end of March. I can”t remember my last vacation! It is just about at the point where I will not have a car to use or a phone to get calls from applications that I have answered. I know that over 2 million people are in the same boat and these heartless bastards in the house lead by King Bonehead just don’t give a damn. Is this dictator afraid to put the bill to the house once the Senate passes it for fear it might pass(he is afraid it will take money out of his drinking fund) Who the hell is he to say that it won’t work. I am a 55 year old nurse who has been out of work for the last year. Over quailifed in areas and what areas I can work they can get younger people to do the job. I have had 2 jobs in nursing over the last 30 years one in the hospital and the last one which I was terminated from for reasons I really don’t know (AZ is a right to work state). Like many of you we have gone through our savings and retirement. The first of April is coming up quickly and I have not figured out how to pay the monthly bills, rent, electricity, insurance, car among other bills. I am seeing more and more people on street corners with signs, homeless.
    I am getting tired of fighting this fight but I will continue with all my might to help myself and millions of others. I will continue to fight this fight. The Republicans have to remember that those before them never asked for a give me to pay for the emergency benefits. Even Bush approved them without question. I am aware of the unemployment rate but it is not what it really is due to the fact that we have been counted out.
    I have written to every legislative member in congress and have rec’d nothing other then ONE robo letter. I have written to the president and rec’d a robo letter from the white house. The best is when you go to a website and before you fill out an application they bring up school website, or you get a call from an “employment site and they say that we are here to help you get back in the work force, but they start off with the school speech and one you tell them you don’t want to go back to school they hang up. I cannot afford school and I do not want to carry another school loan that I cannot pay for. This is all BS!!
    PLEASE CONGRESS REINSTATE THE EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. LET US HARD WORKING PEOPLE STAND A CHANCE TO HAVE A LIFE…..A ROOF OVER OUR HEAD…..ELECTRICITY….FOOD….A CAR..A PHONE TO GET CALLS FROM POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS….DO IT NOW!!!

44. Boldo Tan
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 11:46 pm

I already lose hope from getting help from our leaders and right now I’ll do everything to feed my family. With Boehner in congress I think we, the unemployed have no chance of getting any assistance. I lost all respect from our elected leaders they’re all there for themselves and not for their constituents.

Good luck to us, unemployed!

45. a eller
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 11:48 pm

WELL ONE THING IS FOR SURE THE DEMOCRATS HAVE
    A GUARANTEED 2 MILLION VOTES COME NOVEMBER AND WE WANT FORGET, AND REPUPLICIANS YOU HAVE MR.BOEHNER TO THANK FOR THAT!!!!!!

46. Susan
    March 23rd, 2014 @ 11:58 pm

I hope Congress does the right thing and passes this extension. There is always going to be some reason or comment from some agency that depicts reason(s) not to do this. Congress just needs to do the right thing and do it this week.

I have a question though. What happens after May 2014? A miracle is not going to take place and all of sudden 2 million people find a job and continue to get unemployment. Is there a plan out there for continued extended benefits after May ??????? What about the people who are currently collecting their 26 weeks and their benefits end in May? They will be in the same situation that the jobless are now who lost them in December 2013.

47. mark w
    March 24th, 2014 @ 2:49 am

Boehner is a heartless bonehead and he doesn’t understand what unemployed people suffer and I support immediate financial assistance for specific period unless all leaders have chance to provide decent training and opportunity to get good jobs

48. renee gonyea
    March 24th, 2014 @ 4:31 am

I have lost all hope! I am depleted, de-moralized, and deceived daily by our government. I am in Ca. and unemployment rate is 8.1% What will happen if this is not passed? I am 51 and held a management position for 8 years and was laid off. Had company car, phone and great salary. Now, no car, money, or hope. I never thought I would still be unemployed 8 months later desperately searching?! The gap between the very rich and the poor is widening. God Bless the unemployed

49. Lori F.
    March 24th, 2014 @ 5:12 am

Let me –see if I understand this: When the banks needed to be bailed out, they found the money; when Wall Steet and GM needed to be bailed out, they found the money — now I hear that we are sending money to the UKRAINE???!?!?!?!
    WHAT ABOUT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT PAID THEIR ENTIRE LIVES INTO THE UNEMPLOYMENT SYSTEM?
    Are we NOT allowed to reap the benefits of what we helped supplement?
    What is going ON?
    This is anti-American! Congress is a bunch of disloyal, spineless parasites…..they should all be tried to TREASON

John Boehner – how DO you sleep at night.

50. Nancy B.
    March 24th, 2014 @ 10:06 am

Well, today is the day we probably get the ax AGAIN. Imagine how much interest the government has accrued on the monies we have not received since December? It would probably be enough to pay us all retroactive and then some! While the U.S. is aiding other countries, millions of people here in the U.S. have been reduced to begging for help. We are all left to feel “used and thrown away”. Even the family dog gets better treatment, at least they get thrown a bone now and then!

51. vincent cariello
    March 24th, 2014 @ 11:04 am

Cast thy bread upon the water,
    It will soon return again;
    Cast thy bread upon the water,
    Jesus says ’tis not in vain.

52. Michele Hughes
    March 24th, 2014 @ 12:01 pm

This is the first time I have ever relied on support from our government. I have been in the workforce for over twenty-five years which includes military and civil service.

My husband and I have worked very hard to pay all our debts by sacrificing many simple luxuries that other middle class Americans enjoy.

The extension will allow us to keep our home. If this does not happen, I am scared where our family will be in the next three months.

53. Tina H.
    March 24th, 2014 @ 1:33 pm

Please pass this extension!!! I have paid into Unemployment for 28 yrs and now need to use it. I have looked for a job continuously with no luck. I live in the poorest county in Maryland so there’s not to many places to keep looking. The money I was getting wasn’t enough to pay all the bills but it kept my family’s head somewhat above water. Not now. I have children to support, mortgage, utilities, food, car payment, just like the other millions of Americans who are going through the same thing. Boehner sure can send money to other countries but what about his own. Makes it seem like he is doing certain”favors” for them, while neglecting his own. I would like to see him and his family hungry sitting in the dark, riding public transportation..or maybe not…maybe have to walk and wonder how he’s going to get his families next meal. He needs to realize that karma is a bad bad thing. Just please pass this extension. It isn’t going to affect your wallet at all. It will only help all of us who desperately need it. Please please grant this so we can show our children that there may be a glimpse of hope. There’s nothing worse than telling your child that your not sure if their going to have a hot meal. The look of hunger in a childs eyes, especially yours, is the most gut wrenching, saddest, nauseating feeling in the world, especially when something can be done.

54. kevin skomars
    March 24th, 2014 @ 2:10 pm

3 million person march on Washington dc !!!!unemployed unite; end of May/ sitin on congress!!

55. MP
    March 24th, 2014 @ 2:30 pm

Lori F…..At least someone sleeps at night,ya from his nightly glass or glasses of wine and the fact that he and his counter parts really don’t care about the American people (who put them where they are). All they care about are their pocketbooks and election results. I have written to all the legislative members in AZ John Boehner, the president without any response only to ask for a donation for their cause…HA what a joke. Even 5 dollars is important to me a gallon of milk a loaf of bread.
    I am tired of trying to fight for these benefits but I will do whatever I can to get these benefits back (one can hope)
    PLEASE CONGRESS LET US LIVE!!! PASS THESE BENEFITS!!!

56. rdw
    March 24th, 2014 @ 2:30 pm

a lot of awesome facts we r all in this together have faith be strong in the power of his might we still have to pray for those who despitefully try to use us and harm not only us but our families

57. Theresa Dunlay
    March 24th, 2014 @ 2:49 pm

PLEASE PASS THE EUC BENEFITS!!! I have been working since I was 15 years old, I am now 50 and laid off due to Corporate America off shoring jobs!! I have exhausted my 401k just to keep a roof over my head!! Millions of jobless American’s like myself have been contributing to this great country, paying our taxes, serving our country, and now John Boehner’s way of thanking us is by turning his back on us!! Stop sending millions to other countries and start taking care of your own people!!

58. Harold stillman
    March 24th, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

Unemployed make sure you vote. Defeat the republicans in Ohio, Kentucky, Wisconsin and we should be all right.

59. KAM
    March 24th, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

Mr. Boehner, most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. When one of those paychecks is no longer available, we depend on unemployment to
    pay our bills. I look for work every week!! However,I find that many times I am competing against much younger college grads who can afford to take a lot less money. I am applying for positions that pay half or less than half of what I was making. Jobs that I should easily qualify for with my experience. I understand that the young people are the future of our country and they need jobs too. We need the federal unemployment extension to help us survive until we can find work. Without the extension of federal unemployment benefits we won’t be able to do that. PLEASE think of us before you keep this from passing.

60. TVW
    March 24th, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

You know that “bonehead” is too good of a term to call “Boehner”. It is more like “Boner” he is shoving to the people that made this country what it is. Maybe if we were all big business and sliding them money under the table we would get it passed. The only time “Boehner” moves fast or without duress is when it comes to voting for his/their pay raises. I think it should be up to the public to decide whether they get a pay raise or not, based on their services to the working class people, then we would see how fast they change their mind. I suggest that you people that voted him speaker vote his a** right out this next time. The only thing he is good for is creating a mess out of things and then blaming the president. If things were done the way the president wanted to begin with this country would be better off. If they were in office they would do things the same way as the president but then it would be okay because they did it, ha! Our president took over a bad job to start with, it was bad to begin with. GOD bless you president Obama for trying so hard. As you have found out you cannot fight a bunch of idiots.

Sincerely,
    A concerned red blooded American Veteran

61. Fred Jenkins
    March 24th, 2014 @ 4:31 pm

I havent received any unemployment money since December 28th, of last year and I have already lost EVERYTHING… I’ll likely be in a shelter next week… I’m NUMB… Its like Im walking around in a cloud.. I cant believe that the same government that my FATHER and UNCLE died for in wars involving this country, are doing this to me and my family. Its UNREAL… Apparently their contributions to this country meant NOTHING.. I think its time for us to MARCH ON WASHINGTON people and let these republicans know how we feel about what theyre doing… I think we need to camp out in Shifts in front of their houses, their golf clubs, their kids schools, their wife’s beauty salons, the restaurants that they eat at… EVERYWHERE!! And we need to keep doing it until these bastards get the message that WE are not playing any games any more.. This is about LIFE people… And right now we are waged in a war against BIG-Business which has these bastards in their corporate pockets… WE get these politicians elected but they serve another MASTER.. Not us… WE need to FIGHT back people, or were going to lose our country… And thats whats at stake… ITs time for our REVOLUTION to take back our government from people like the Coke brothers and other conservative groups who support republican candidates that are willing to keep their foot on our necks while big business continues to make HUGE profits off of all of us and others.. Many Years ago, our parents and grandparents who helped build this country didnt do it by begging these politicians to give them a bone.. No… They went out and tore shit up in Washington and other places until they got what they wanted!! Thats right!! And we need to do the same thing… Now I grant you that It might sound a little militant for some folks taste, but people these are NOT normal times anymore.. And regardless of how CIVIL we wanna be, we simply just cant afford to sit back and allow these things to continue like they are.. If we do, were going to lose everything!! Not just for us, but for our grandchildren as well and their children… Fight Back!! Soon as you get your EUI money, which will be soon, take a bus to WASHINGTON and join in the protest! Lets take our country back from these bastards!!

62. Shana Wells
    March 24th, 2014 @ 4:44 pm

We write on this site and hoping that someone in Congress will read our messages. As to date no one has. We need to call their offices, have your friends, families anyone to call in letting know the American people will not stand by this mess any longer!! Congress can spend money on other nations while ours suffer! Call your reps office in your state and continue to call until our voices are heard!! CALL< TEXT< TWEET< EMAIL!!! DO SOMETHING!!!

63. Kim
    March 24th, 2014 @ 5:00 pm

Please pass this bill. The only reason this winter I had heat was cause it’s illegal for them to turn it off in the winter. My bill is so high because I can not afford to pay it. Come next month I will be without electricity. And I look for work daily. Please pas!!

64. SJH
    March 24th, 2014 @ 5:57 pm

I have been unemployed 6 months & only have my income to depend on. My UC has just run out. It has been shown that the money is there to extend the unemployment. Extensions have been worked out before by the state workers, they can do it again. The unemployed need to be able to feed their families. Pass the bill!

65. PDR
    March 24th, 2014 @ 6:07 pm

PLEASE PASS THE EUC BENEFITS!!! I have been out of a job since October, 2013. I continue look and apply for jobs everyday and no luck. I want to work and I pray that I find a job. This $300 per week isn’t much money when I was getting $650 per week. I am having difficulty paying my mortgage, gas/electric, phone, car insurance, water bill, and health insurance. Also, I’ve been unable to purchase my medication (blood pressure, ulcerative colitis, cholesterol) since February, 2014. I enrolled in the Health Care via healthcare.gov and now I can’t afford to pay the monthly premium due to no income. I am 61 years of age and have worked since I was 16. I NEVER collected unemployment until now and have been let down by the REPUBLICANS game playing. People are losing everything and children are going hungry. I have seen families on the street picking up branches off the ground and putting them in grocery carts. I concluded that these families are trying to keep themselves warm in the many vacant homes here in Detroit. I am afraid of where my family will be in the next three months if the EUC extension is not passed.
    Republican’s have lost sight of why they were elected to Congress. They are eager to please the Koch Brothers and rich. In addition, they are so angry with the Health Care Reform Act that they have made and continue to make everything difficult for President Obama while in the White House. This is a bit extreme to make the American people suffer.

66. SICK TO MY STOMACH
    March 24th, 2014 @ 6:52 pm

I am 41, married with a 6 yr old and a 1 yr old. I was let go from my job 3 weeks after having returned from maternity leave. I am sitting at my mother’s computer to leave this comment as we have not been able to afford a new one at home. I am just squeaking by this week to pay the rent but I am not sure where the rest of the money to pay bills will come from. Not having a computer at home since December has made it even more difficult for me to find a job. Not only that, but I miss emails from my daughter’s school! I have worked since the age of 16. I have only ever been on disability for viral meningitis and 2 maternity leaves. I have never been on unemployment until June 2013 when my job was suddenly taken away from me, and not because of cutbacks! I was the only person in the position I had so there is not doubt a temp who was there while I was on maternity leave took my place. Except I worked for 3 weeks and was smacked in the face with “I’m letting you go” … without any good rhyme or reason. And I was there for 7 years! My heart breaks when my daughter asks for the simplest of things and I cannot give them to her. My husband works but we are barely getting by. I have had to borrow from my mother which is humiliating at my age! I am doing the very best I can to find a job. Being at home with a 1 year old and no computer makes it difficult to do so. I am sick to my stomach every day!!! I can cry at the drop of a hat but hide my tears the best I can. I wasn’t able to take my daughter to Mystic Aquarium like I had hoped this past summer. I have to go and pick her up now but have to wipe my tears and compose myself first. If EUC does not go through then I will have full time access to a computer because I, my husband and the kids will be living here with mom, my sisters and my nephew. At 41 this is not where I expected to be. No doubt another country will be thriving soon because of $$$$ from the GOOD USA! Too bad WE DON’T COME FIRST!!!

67. Lewis
    March 24th, 2014 @ 7:14 pm

This will pass and benefits extended and renewed…I garauntee it!

68. robert jenkins
    March 24th, 2014 @ 7:20 pm

I agree with the last persons comments! We need to organize and go to Washington! This is about human rights we need to do anything we can! I would put myself at risk up incarceration,if I had the chance to get to Boehner,or any of those devil’s I would do my best to physically hurt them and their families! I hate them,and would gladly go to jail to show it. I would be proud to do it!!!!

69. robert jenkins
    March 24th, 2014 @ 7:29 pm

Who’s with me? It’s time for action. I know we all are sad,and stressed and depressed. But we need to unite as a large group and make those devil’s see and hear us! We need to do what they do in foreign countries when their governments are ducked up,protest and if that don’t work riot and force them the duck out!!!!!

70. Kevin R Landon
    March 24th, 2014 @ 7:42 pm

Why Don’t They Fire John Boehner! He Isn’t Doing Any Thing For The People! That Are Still Out Of A Job! HE? Has So Much Money? That! He Don’t Care About The One That Needs To Be The Bread Winner To Keep The Roof Over The Family.

71. vickie wilkersom
    March 24th, 2014 @ 7:53 pm

BOEHNER IS A PIECE OR WORK. I DONT JUDGE BUT I DONT THINK HE WILL EVER SEE THE PEARL GATES. ITS A DISGRACE TO OUR COUNTRY.WHAT A SELFISH PERSON. HE NEEDS TO BE INPEACHED IF POSSIBLE. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD HOLD OUT ON EUC. I BELEIVE HE IS OF THE DEVIL. KRAMA IS COMMING.BIBLE SAYS YOU REEP WHAT YOU SOW. MYSELF AND SOME OTHERS WILL NEVER BE HEARD IM SURE,SO PLEASE EVERYONE STICK TOGETHER. MABEY ENOUGH PEOPLE,SOMEONE WILL HERE US. AND O BY THE WAY I HAVE ALREADY LOST EVERYTHING.AT MY AGE,JOBS ARE NOT EASY TO COME BUY.

72. JM
    March 24th, 2014 @ 8:18 pm

I have read numerous post of complaints about not receiving unemployment.

This is a political ball game they are playing and it is with our lives.
    I like to know what is the hold up? who is resistant to approving this life saving bill and why is Boehner’s behavior so bad? So I did a little research on Boehner and found several articles from HuffingtonPost.com about Boehner having a drinking problem.

“Boehner’s staff declined to discuss the crying question at all. For his part, though, Boehner — who was described in one profile as “a heavy-smoking, hard-drinking former linebacker” — has made no secret of his affection for merlot, and those familiar with Capitol Hill know he frequents The Capitol Hill Club, as well as a favorite Italian restaurant on Capitol Hill, where he is frequently spotted sipping vino.”

Impact: Is drinking clouding his judgment?
    2.5 million unemployed Americans are suffering because he continues to sabotage the vote.

What is the solution
    Impeach him?
    To protest and to enforce Unites States Constitution.
    Amendment 1 “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”

73. Rose
    March 24th, 2014 @ 8:38 pm

Extend these benefits. I have already lost my car, next I will be living on the street while you take vacations, and enjoy a nice warm house. And did Obama and the kids need to go to china for spring break….really! All I can say is what goes around, comes around……KARMA

74. jon laurence
    March 24th, 2014 @ 8:49 pm

Boehner…should clearly be dismissed…this man should treasure his position while he still has one…why any citizen of the usa would vote for him is beyond comprehension..we fund half of the universe..and at the expense of our own people…and those of whom contribute to his paycheck..mr Boehner ..your not leading by example …and you and your party will never get a large vote from this east coast influential individual..how about you select 5 families ..and pay there bills and mortgages until you decide to find a way to extend there benefits…I suspect when they reach the 90 day mark on the mortgage ..the gov will have to vote on saving homes again before the forclosure process begins ..you and the rusty old carnage that have seats in the destiny of our country should respectively retire ..the game is only in your self interest…..despicable

75. Jerry Lucky
    March 24th, 2014 @ 8:56 pm

Please, Please, Please Pass this bill I have no where to turn to seek help every place I been have no funds to help me pay my rent and utilities bills I’m in school full time and have been on several interviews but as of now no luck. I’m so stress, All I need is to get thru school and pass without worrying about being HOMELESS…….We the people need this bill to pass….In the name I Pray..AMEN.

76. Nick
    March 24th, 2014 @ 9:24 pm

Fire Boehner the Bonehead. Let him know what it feels like to be unemployed…of course he wouldn’t qualify with his millions,so why should he care, the only people he is representing are those who have big bucks and don’t qualify for unemployment.

77. george francis
    March 24th, 2014 @ 9:41 pm

Stop playing games with us

78. ken
    March 24th, 2014 @ 10:24 pm

the devil once again rears his ugly head (Boehner) He could care less about anyone of us. He is a shameful person…….

79. MP
    March 24th, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

I am all for marching on Washington…but unfortunately like most of you I cannot afford it. I live on the west coast and barely have enough to make ends meet. I am walking around with a checking and saving account in the negative and to not have enough to cover it and next week I don’t know what I am going to do???
    Please Mr Bonehead help us….But the question is also why didn’t the senate vote today????

80. rmb
    March 25th, 2014 @ 12:10 am

It is time to react now. reinstate unemployment benefits now. most people who are unemployed just need to get a check now. Retroactive is not as necessary as the need to get a weekly check asap. Give people hope. Stop all the bs and start giving checks now. there is no reason not to help families that are in need.

81. tim
    March 25th, 2014 @ 1:46 am

Lets do it april 27th Washington dc. Lets all get together and show them how many peoples lives they are affecting. Not just us that receive the money but our families are affected. Lets stand up for our rights. You greed filled bastards.

82. mary
    March 25th, 2014 @ 2:18 am

please pass the extension, we need it now!!! thanks mary

83. Steve
    March 25th, 2014 @ 3:28 am

Congress really doesnt care about any of us. We are cattle for them to play with. It is not that hard to help people. They can pass 50 billion a year tax breaks for companies like it is nothing, but it has to be a 3 month debate to help millions of people….WAKE UP

84. Tehra M.
    March 25th, 2014 @ 3:56 am

There are so many of us that are about to lose everything. Many comments are right on the money. Republicans vs Democrats. What’s all the fuss about? It’s not like you’re turning over your salaries to help the almost 2 million people to get on with their life! Do you politicians have any idea what it’s like NOT HAVING ANY MONEY, NO checking account or savings because you were forced to spend every last cent on gas to get to the library, just to use their computer because you have been forced to take lesser jobs in the past thus, live under the poverty level? I’ve been at this since October. I’ve been doing errands for neighbors to get gas money. I’m a single 50′s woman who rents an apartment, has a car payment for a 1999 vehicle(yes,1999) unable to pay my car insurance, utilities, and unable to rely on family for financial support. Thank you Lord for $192.00 in food share every month! I have had an unbelievable year! January/February rent was paid by the Salvation Army and my church. March rent is still not paid $720.00. My landlord advised if rent is not paid by the end of March, I will be out on the street! And that is the honest to goodness truth! I have no family to speak of and suffer severe depression. It’s not a very nice world out there. I was let go from a job because I left early one day to go to the emergency room for chest pains. I was admitted over the weekend and when I returned to work on Monday, the company said I was dismissed. They said that I would have been let go even if I was in an automobile accident!!! To them there are no excuses for missed work! So, dear politicians, please pass the emergency relief unemployment or I will be living in my 1999 vehicle (that’s soon to be taken away) with my 2 cats, in Waukesha, WI. God Bless everyone who’s in the same situation. My prayers go out to you.

85. Tehra M
    March 25th, 2014 @ 3:58 am

86. Judi L
    March 25th, 2014 @ 3:58 am

As with so many others that have commented, I am loosing everything! I have been job searching for over a year. The only positions I can find are part time retail paying barely above minimum wage. To make ends meet – not to be comfortable, just to make ends meet – I have to work 2 to 3 jobs at a time, 7 days a week

After 15 years as an Administrative Assistant, and with many companies claiming to have this position open, my only conclusion is at 51 yrs old employers think I’m too old for them. I have a lot of years before I’m ready to sit on the curb.

Please pass this bill so I can grab another breath and keep moving forward following my Great American dream

87. Tehra M
    March 25th, 2014 @ 3:59 am

God bless us all!

88. Nancy B.
    March 25th, 2014 @ 9:16 am

I’d like to know “why” there is so little media information regarding the plight of millions of unemployed Americans. Everytime I go on the internet I have to search for updated information. We can blog all we want but is anyone really listening?????????? I read that voting on aid to the Ukraine and helping those people was going to be first on the agenda in Congress. I guess we come last. Thanks Congress.

89. Bobbie
    March 25th, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

I have been working for over 48 years. Because my husband didn’t want the responsibility, I ended up raised all four of my children on my own by sometimes having to also working two and three jobs at a time. The company I was working for got sold and some of us were let go. That was two years ago. Because of my age and after looking for over a year and a half, I was only able to find part-time work at minimum wage, which doesn’t pay all my bills or put food on the table. My hours range from 16 hours per week to 28 hours per week (sometimes only four hours per day and because of my work schedule I am unable to work two job at a time. I don’t like having to continually have my children help me; they have families too that they need to take care of. The country is soo busy helping other countries that they forget about their own people. I don’t see any high-ranking government officials (city, state, federal) willing to have their wages cut or their benefits, etc. taken away. WOULDN’T IT BE NICE TO SEE THEM try to live in our shoes for awhile (the lower and medium class people)then maybe they would have more compassion for all of us that want to work and are willing to work, but are unable find a full-time job or even a part-time job that will pay us enough so we can pay or bills and put food on the table without having to get help. The city I live in is still laying off people (like Wells Fargo who just got through laying off another 80 people)and businesses are still having to close their doors; what is saying that about our economy?? Not much does it!!! Do you really think some of us like having to live off food stamps and Wic just to put food on the table for our kids; think again. The Republicans need to stop acting like two-year old children and cutting off their noses just to satisfy their ego. WE NEED HELP; SO HELP US!!

90. TVW
    March 25th, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

“Boehner”, This is what I fought for and gave 20+ years of my life as a soldier 24/7 serving in the US Army. This is a huge disappointment. I could have been an ((over paid civilian) Boner)) working 40 hours a week and having all paid holidays off plus all the benefits (free medical for life) and voting my own pay raises. Maybe if I was a drug company or oil tycoon that needed bail-out money then “Boner” would pass it with no question. I would like to see “Boner” live on what we are having to put up with. The EUC is to help out the unemployed during a bad time in the economy and job finding is practically nonexistent. It is not something to argue over for no apparent reason, the people are entitled to it, they worked for it all their lives and most of it is going for transportation for congress idiots to go on recess too many times a year and is only an excuse to get away from their responsibilities as servants to the people they are supposed to represent in DC. Come on “Boner” and get your head out of your a** and act like you have at least half a brain. No wonder Russia does not want to let “Boner” into their country, they are afraid “Boner” would screw things up the way he does here. Please pass this thing so people don’t lose everything they worked for all their lives.
    I am looking daily for employment but at 71+ years no one is interested. There are too many young people right out of high school and college that are looking for work and will work for a lot less, so that kills my job opportunities plus the fact I do not have a college degree. Without a degree you might as well stick your head in the sand because that is all the consideration you will get.
    GOD bless America and those that work for a living.

A concerned VietNam veteran.

91. Kia Lockett
    March 25th, 2014 @ 2:25 pm

I agree with Sophia Im two steps away from being homeless with my children…Dont be selfish speaker of the house.. Maybe you have never unemployed but its a experience that I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy….

92. Charles B.
    March 25th, 2014 @ 2:36 pm

In the past 39 years I collected unemployment 2 times but for only 2 months each time Other than that I have always worked full time. I have a Wife who is not well, a son who is 14 and a rather large mortgage. I will be 60 years old in September and have been out of work since October 12 2012. Im using up the little bit I managed to save in IRAs. Not to many people want to hire a 60 year old and Im too young for SS I’ll lose everything unless I find a good job soon or Unemployment is renewed. Wellfare says I have too much money in my retirement fund. So I’m as they say SOL

93. Republican NO-More
    March 25th, 2014 @ 3:34 pm

Attention REPO-publicans, I have determined that there is no support in congress and the speaker is a selfish TOOL. REPO-publicans can abuse me all they want, the bottom line is they take food from my children and wife, watch me suffer and become over extended with no paying bills / mortgage and go home at night to a cooked meal. I remember when my fridge had food in it and my medical requirments were paid by ME. I will not support this group ever again, regardless of their unwillingness to provide us a chance to keep what we’ve worked our entire lives for. My home, children (proper food / clothings / education) vehicles and medical expenses. that group is AKA – REPO-publicans. Assured a true change of voting against that PARTY. Extend the unemployment benefits!

94. Kathyj
    March 25th, 2014 @ 4:13 pm

Please-stop the madness. People are suffering-and the lives of many and their children are at stake. STOP the madness. Pass this bill to extend EUC.

95. Karen
    March 25th, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

Everyone that has lost their unemployment need to apply for welfare. I know every state is different, but you might be able to get a SNAP card.

Anyone with children are eligible for Welfare and the best part is it’s not taxable.

I have yet to figure out what Boehners motive is for not wanting this extension to pass. Does he want to see 2 million more people living on the streets?

He needs to go away and take Rand Paul with him. They seem to think a part time job is better than nothing. My attitude is what will part time cover – the gas to drive back and forth and maybe your phone? Prices of everything are going up every day, yet decent full time jobs are scarce. No one is leaving their job for something else because there isn’t anything else. So, there are less job openings. Jobs used to open up when people retired, but who can afford to do that anymore.

The government has keep raising the retirement age, yet we can’t stay employed until then. I’ve been laid off 3 times since 2004 – insurance accounting that keeps getting outsourced. My retirement fund is no longer and my SS# sure isn’t growing without working.

If we could afford to I would suggest picketing the Capitol. But, only illegal alien are the only ones that are able to do that.

96. Lisa C. Dixon
    March 25th, 2014 @ 5:26 pm

Please pass this bill. I’m about to loose everything I have.

97. Mr w
    March 25th, 2014 @ 5:47 pm

People it is time to show some type of physical presents in Washington surely not violent but some type of protest because the comments on line just are not making a difference some times being seen works better than being read its worked in pas if you really this to pass lets do little more than type about it

98. Dolores
    March 25th, 2014 @ 8:21 pm

I TOO AM A SINGLE MOTHER WHO’S BEEN ON UNEMPLOYMENT SINCE SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
    I HAVE TWO KIDS IN COLLEGE AND I AM IN COLLEGE MYSELF I HAVE NEVER ASKED THE GOVERNMENT FOR ANY ASSISTANCE I HAVE ALWAYS WORKED TWO JOBS TO KEEP FROM RELYING ON ASSISTANCE THE ONE TIME I RELY ON IT THE FUNDS ARE CUT! GO FIGURE! SAD SAD TIMES WE ARE IN NOW!!!!

99. cynthiaworoniecki
    March 25th, 2014 @ 8:29 pm

I am like all the rest of unemployed..Stress and anxiety has overwhelmed our household. We just need that little extra help to get on our feets again. How could you help out the other countries when you cant even help us out.

100. Mykes Last Hope
    March 25th, 2014 @ 8:56 pm

What is needed for you all to see the pain we have had to endure? Finance is the number one cause for separation. United We Stand Divided we fall as a family and as a community. I’ve waited so long in prayer thinking it was obvious we needed help , but know I see that those people in congress have a job to do and that the are not feeling this blow to the economy. They continue to eat and provide for their family so what do they have to worry about? US ! Why would they or should they it’s not like they owe US! the people justice or liberty and equal opportunity! They didn’t take a oath to not be hypercritical, self-centered or fair and care! If one of them reads this they wouldn’t realize I was being sarcastic out of hurt!

101. Kathy Heaton
    March 25th, 2014 @ 9:34 pm

I have been out of work since 11/12 and I have applied for over 200 jobs, numerous interviews but here I am still searching, now my unemployment runs out in a month, the same week that I need to have back surgery. So please pass this bill so I can continue until I can get back to work. Who wants to hire someone who needs to take a month off.

102. Henry Johnston
    March 25th, 2014 @ 9:45 pm

God please let these men make the right choice. we are hurting out here. everything we find is part time with a few hrs. 59 and worked hard all my life have now gone thru savings and unemployment is there no light in site.

103. Tom Carney
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:43 am

Let me understand this . Our Congress has argued and delayed passing this Extension which would help our fellow Americans . The Senate majority leader and others insist on the funds be accounted for somewhere else in the budget . But very recently Congress approved 1 Billion dollars to be given to the Ukraine without even 1 day of discussion . Don’t insult my intelligence by trying to explain the Ukraine is part of a global strategy and therefore justified . How can any member of Congress approve 1 Billion dollars for the Ukraine before helping their fellow Americans ? Disgusting ……

104. MP
    March 26th, 2014 @ 3:44 am

I cannot believe that there is nothing the president can do..We were just dumped on the curb waiting for a garbage truck to pick us up. Please Congress, Mr President do something now!!!!!

105. mike
    March 26th, 2014 @ 1:47 pm

CBUTONGRESSSHOULDPASSTHISWITHOUTHESSITATIONBUTTHEHOUSEDOESNOTCAREABOUTAMERICANS

106. richard c van etten sr
    March 26th, 2014 @ 6:30 pm

SAY IT IS NOT SO!!! Age being a MAJOR key in all of US being out of work? You are feeling what I have to put up with for 28 years because I have a back injury. So this makes my job hunt just that much harder.

It is dumb from so called smart people. IT DID NOT TAKE THAT LONG TO CUT EVERY ONE OFF, IT SHOULD NOT TAKE THAT LONG TO TURN IT BACK ON. BY THEIR OWN STATS, ONLY 11 % OF US WILL EVER FIND FULL TIME WORK AGAIN AND NOT AT THE SAME PAY RATE YOU WERE MAKING. So worrying about 11% that might be working, holds up 89% of US that has not had money for 4 months. This is Government thinking at work. FIRE THEM!!!

107. Ron
    March 26th, 2014 @ 8:33 pm

PEOPLE TAKE NOTE AND LOOK CLOSELY AT WHO’S RUNNING THIS COUNTRY AND COSTING MILLIONS OF AMERICAN’S EVERYTHING THEY HAVE WORKED FOR. WE GIVE OUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS WROULD, BUT WE DO NOT TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN. UNTIL PEOPLE USE THE POWER OF VOTE AND GET RID OF THESE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES, THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH, THAT IS IF YOU CALL THIS LIVING. MOST OF THE LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED ARE FOLKS WHO HAVE WORKED ALL THERE LIFE AND ARE NOT IN THE LATE YEARS OF EMPLOYMENT. IT VERY HARD TO GET SOMEONE TO EVEN LOOK AT A APPLICATION IF YOU’RE OVER 50 YEARS OF AGE. IF YOUR OVER 50 AND UNEMPLOYED, YOUR IN A REAL WROULD OF HURT AS THEY SAY. WE WORKED ALL OUE LIFE AND PAID INTO THIS SYSTEM, ONLY TO BE TOLD, YOUR ON YOUR OWN AND IF YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU’VE WORKED FOR, IT’S JUST THE WAY IT IS. IT’S NOT RIGHT. WE ARE AMERICANS THAT WORKED AND PAID INTO A SYSTEM WE SHOULD EXPECT OUR COUNTRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING. OH BY THE, I’M A VET AS WELL. WAS THER FOR MY COUNTRY BEFORE. I WOUNDER HOW MONY IN WASHINGTON CAN SAY THEY’RE A VET. DO THE RIGHT THING…TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN!

108. jeanne
    March 27th, 2014 @ 1:44 am

Unemployment insurance is just that, insurance that should a situation arise and there is a need, the money is there. We have all work and contributed to the system; now it is our turn. Add in the factor that the economy needs the monies we would be putting back into it. No, let’s send money to other countries and other areas, meanwhile, people are starving and suffering here, in AMERICA. Don’t look away!!! Look at us, we are AMERICANS.

109. kevin
    March 27th, 2014 @ 6:12 am

I’ve drawn unemployment. Hated it. I’ve worked since I was 13{I’m 52 now} doing everything from changing diapers for poor disabled persons to working for a large defence contractor.Driving a semi to raise my two wonderfull children for fifteen years as a single dad.{the baby sitter made a fortune from me and she deserved every penny}I and my employers paid tons of money into unemployment insurance over all those years. When I did draw unemployment, it ran out after about 5 months,and was told “you’re done”no extension no help, no nothing.All I was offered was $80 dollars a month in food stamps for me and my 2 kids.Talk about injustice!I turned down the social workers offer, and me and the kids found a way to get by.I guess what I’m getting at,is, I’ve been there, done that like all of you making comments here. Believe me when I say I know your pain. I have noticed however that most commenters blame Boehner and say he’s a bad man for saying that the bill proposed does not help create jobs and will stop the bill in the house of rep. I say he is exactly right in his beliefs.Jobs are needed, not unemployment ins. by itself.( I don’t need to tell you guys that) There are people that have been drawing unemployment for years on end that have ruined it for the rest of us hard working people that deserve some of what we paid into for years.(every employer will tell you they would happily pay you more if not for unemployment premiums and workers comp. payments) so in essence your boss and you paid into it. Even though I do not like Boehner. Do not blame him or other “conservatives”(Boehner is’nt a true conservative anyway) blame horrible liberal, socialist politicians,(dems. and repubs) that have emptied the treasury, bankrupted the country, and destoyed the economy to stay in power,by making us dependent on them for our livelyhood. While all of us are struggling,Obama, Reid, Shumer,Pelosie Clinton,Graham,McCain,King, and all the rest of the corrupt politicians are living the good life. Before I get trashed by some as being a mindless conservative I want to say that I was once a Democrat years ago and even voted for Jessie Jackson in a primary.( glad now he did not win) I hope a bill will pass congress that is sane, makes sense,and helps some of the hardworking Americans I see here on this site. I thank God every day that I finally found a decent job and I hope all of you do too.

110. jbaldwin
    March 27th, 2014 @ 2:32 pm

I say that they lose there pay for the same number of days as it takes to pass this. We spent millions to bail out the banks and auto makers but screw over the people who really need it.

111. T. L. Wilson
    March 27th, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

I truly feel as if I am being punished because of those who wish to abuse ANY Federal assistance that had been created to “HELP” those who were actually in need due to circumstances that were not of their own doing.

I have been unemployed since January 3, 2013. Being a woman of a certain age (mid 40′s), I am not the first choice for employers. I have been on numerous interviews, quite a few 2nd and 3rd interviews … Issue is competing with recent college grads and with the job sector having the luxury of choosing a candidate who they feel are hungry and will take anything and the jobs are given to them. We have families that depend on us to make a living and provide for them. WHY WOULDN’T WE BE JUST AS HUNGRY, IF NOT MORESO?

My compensation ran out in August 2013, and then the EUC benefits ran out December 2013. All the while I AM LOOKING AND INTERVIEWING … I have been forced to move out of my apartment with my toddler and move into a family friends spare room (with my child) and store our belongings in a rental storage facility. To-date, I have spent $906, which is wasting valuable money. Since the decision was made to halt EUC benefits, I have been forced to go on public assistance just to feed my child. The monthly allotment of $316 cash that I am receiving doesn’t even cover our basic needs. I am grateful for the $345 in food stamps that we get, but there have been times when I have needed the assistance of food banks to carry us through the week.

I have been employed and have paid my taxes for the past 22 years, and because of the greed of “some” people, I and my daughter have to suffer. I understand that this is not something to become dependent on, but tiering out the benefits in two 14 week intervals is not sufficient. I’d like to see this changed to two 26 week intervals. This allows families to stay afloat, while still seeking gainful employment. When your budget is restricted so drastically, you find yourself unable to sustain the basic things needed to find a job, like Internet services and cellular (limited, pre-paid) phones. I found that I missed two interviews for not being able to keep my Internet and cell phone on.

We NEED this to pass … Not asking for a hand out, just a hand up.

112. TVW
    April 2nd, 2014 @ 12:33 pm

Check this link out and see what it is all about. Bastards voting for a pay raise for themselves and the hell with the Americans that put them in office to serve the American public. Even if it is not passed it will automatically go into effect. Wish it was that way for the unemployed.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser.

GOD bless America