Posted on | March 20, 2014 | 56 Comments

Today’s Unemployment Benefit Extension News and Update today March 20, 2014:
Many Americans look forward to the close of this week and a swift and efficient vote on the long term unemployment benefit proposal next week. The Senate is currently out on a one week recess, but is expected to promptly review a plan to extend long term unemployment benefits once the Senate lawmakers return on the 24th. The new unemployment benefit extension plan would reinstate long term unemployment benefits for an additional five months. The benefits are expected to be retroactive which could extend back to December 28, 2013, the date on which an initial 1.3 million Americans lost long term EUC.
After the Senate vote, the House would have to approve the legislation through a majority vote as well. The House vote is expected to be a more challenged process. This is not good news for those who have been waiting for months now on the extended unemployment plan approval.
Now word has spread that if the bill were to pass into law, implementing would be very difficult. According to the National Association of State Workforce Agencies, retroactive legislation would be difficult to implement and various states have relayed that implementing retroactive unemployment benefits could take several months. Knowing this, Speaker John Boehner believes the bill is unworkable. He also relayed that the bill would fail to meet his requirements that the legislation be fiscally responsible and create more jobs. Given this news, the upcoming Senate vote might be a short lived celebration for those waiting on long term unemployment compensation.

Comments

56 Responses to “Unemployment Benefit Extension News; Retroactive Inclusion Could be Trouble; Senate Vote on Long Term EUC Up Next”

1. steve
    March 20th, 2014 @ 11:06 am

All this was done on purpose by our own government they knew it all along than this would happen thank you Congress.they don’t care about the unemployed shame on America and our President to let this happen.

2. Ava's granddad
    March 20th, 2014 @ 12:28 pm

This is truly ridiculous! Is there a 3rd party in Congress? The Tea Party? Has this been planned all along by the House Majority Leader, the Koch brothers and the Tea Party, to derail the E.U.C. bill, if it passes through the Senate? Retroactive pay language has been a part of the debate since the Republicans stopped the program. Now, that the Senate has reached an agreement, it’s a problem. Those other added problems, millionaires and billionaires no longer getting unemployment and more intense monitoring of the long-termed jobless, are Republican Senate proposals. Don’t they ( Senate and House Republican leaders) talk to one and other? OK, if the majority Republican House want the opportunity to vote on the E.U.C. bill, the Democrats have made it possible by filing a discharge petition. Sign it and stop hiding behind the House Majority Leader. Over 2 million U.S. citizens are depending on it, as well as a countless number of their children.

3. Lessons Learned
    March 20th, 2014 @ 12:44 pm

They disgust me more than I can even put in to words.

4. Jeanine in dyersburg,tn
    March 20th, 2014 @ 1:42 pm

were is our president!mr.Boehner please hear our cry,stop the foolishness and please sgn the bill for extended unemployment,so many people including myself lord know need help.our homes being taking,utilities been shut off,food is low if none in our homes please, please mr. Boehner let your heart say yes.president Obama!please please do something.pLEASE HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE PLEASE.

5. Debbie Hicks
    March 20th, 2014 @ 2:02 pm

Please stop ruining peoples lifes with false preceptions. I have work for 20+ yrs Once and done with the systems of the Goverment huge let downs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. L. Mullins
    March 20th, 2014 @ 3:04 pm

Ok!! We know what to do, LETS MARCH ON WASHINGTON!! LETS ALL MEET UP THERE WITH OUR BILLS AND IF U CAN BRING OUR CHILDREN TO WITNESS THE WAY REPUBLICANS TREATED ALL OF OUR WORKING FAMILIES…. MONDAY..March, 31, 2014

7. Sam Scott
    March 20th, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

Unfortunately the people making the decisions (who we put in office, are not able to feel the pain we do) they are in their safe and secure world. It is riduculous in this day and age they can’t have a heart, put aside their political BS and help those here at home. I am
    disappointed that the President has not stepped up, be the man in charge and make this extension happen. Seems like we can help a lot issues outside, how bout fixing things at home first.

8. steve
    March 20th, 2014 @ 4:01 pm

Economic sanctions against Russia leave them alone that’s not our problem or our war.take care of your people some of whom have lost their homes, can’t pay bills ,low on food ECT.the government did this on purpose they don’t care something has to be done soon or some of us are going to do what we have to.

9. Charlie
    March 20th, 2014 @ 4:25 pm

I am 63(64 in June)I lost my job on my birthday June 28,2013. We are having a really hard time making ends meet. I used up all my 401k funds trying to save our home, but lost it anyway. I have applied for countless number of jobs with no luck(full time and part time). We now are dipping into my wife’s 401k and not much left there. Don’t know which way to turn? Have a lot of good working years left but not getting the chance to prove myself. Need this little bit of money to be able to survive.

10. Don
    March 20th, 2014 @ 4:53 pm

This is what happens when you put the Son of a BArtender in charge of the House. The new buzz word for the Republican Party is the REPO PARTY. I hope the Democrats use this to their fullest extent come reelections. If they don’t they are stupider than the REPO Party.
    How many vacations do these people get a year anyhow, or more how many day do they actually work when they yare on the clock. MAN I WANNA BE A POLITICAIN WHEN I GROW UP

11. the American ppl
    March 20th, 2014 @ 5:11 pm

This is the number one reason we need ppl to vote. There’s no way that these ppl are gonna say they’re standing up for us, and at the same f-in time starve us and our kids. Im not on food stamps or welfare. Im on unemployment. This country’s republican leaders are a joke. THEY’D RATHER US GO BEG FOR FOOD THAN GIVE US WHAT WE PAID FOR.

12. Lisa
    March 20th, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

Washington does nothing for the people that elected them, how you sleep at night is beyond me, this is not a hand out, I lost my job through no fault of my own and a lot of people my age, 52 are seeing what few jobs we have go to younger less qualified people, for the love of God, please do the right thing, stop the petty bickering and help your fellow man , I am disgusted with all of you in Washington. Shame on you!!!

13. the American ppl
    March 20th, 2014 @ 5:16 pm

I BET THE TABLES TURN COME ELECTION TIME…..BAHHAAHHAAJHHAAAHHAAAAAHHAAHAA..

14. Wes
    March 20th, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

I already have had 3 months EUC as of Dec 28 2013. extensions on my claim will be for 3 more months. whats left on my claim . will go to pay the bills I am already behind . THANKS FOR THE HUGE WAIT WHEN WE PAID INTO IT .

15. worrie
    March 20th, 2014 @ 5:48 pm

I just would like to say, regardless of whom you are and what you believe in, you should as a human being be concern for your fellow man, woman, and child. If you can’t take care of home, what do you really think the rest of the world think of us? Hey they can send billions of dollars to other countries in a hart beat, but won’t help their own people. This is why we are losing global respect. They see the racism the disrespect for the President, the coldness to the American middle class and the greed. It is the unconscionable stance that John Boehner nixes unemployment insurance extension and other things the world is looking at. They see this. And then the USA Claim To care about others. John Boehner and the CONSRERVITIVE GPO should make no mistake in knowing that they ARE showing their true colors, which are they don’t care about their own. So what is the real reason they move so fast to give others countries money and support? It can’t be for humane reasons. I can’t blame everything on the President. He has been disrespected by Congress (the CONSERVITIVE GOP, and JOHN BOEHNER) at every turn, the whole world is watching. This madness and hatred will destroy us all. They see that we can’t get along with our self, so why should they?

16. Kelsey Jackson
    March 20th, 2014 @ 5:50 pm

All of OHIO should let Boehner know that he is hurting Millions !!!!! This is a Bi-Partisan Bill led by Repub Senators !!!! Im about to lose my aprtment because I havent found work yet and Im sure others have lost their homes !!! Everyone must Blast Congress Now !!!

17. Cameron
    March 20th, 2014 @ 5:51 pm

Have another drink, Boner, you twit…

18. worrie
    March 20th, 2014 @ 6:31 pm

I Not saying That the racism is from Congress I talking about laws like stand your ground, and state that are trying to change civil right laws, things like that.

19. Richard shaw
    March 20th, 2014 @ 6:34 pm

how will the Republicans feel when we vote them out
    oh ya forgot we pay them after they leave office. just send them to Russia and forget about them like they have us.

20. Kevin
    March 20th, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

My heart goes out to the millions of Americans suffering during this unfortunate crises and I am thankful everyone has at least this website to voice their concerns and frustrations. I have done so myself on numerous occasions. Also thanks to those GOP senators who actually care and are standing up to their party in order to help our suffering countrymen. That being said unfortunately we are all being used as political pawns by politicians who have sold out to their corporate backers and the horrible greed that goes along with it. Some of the party members have adopted a creed or cult that believes being totally self serving without conscience is the key to success. ( Atlas Shrugged). The GOP tea party members want ACA reversed or abolished so they can charge Americans five times more for healthcare than any other country pays and doesn’t care who they hurt in the process. Any effort to seek sympathy or understanding from these individuals is a waste of energy because they just don’t care. If they can continue to delay these EU benefits then fewer people will be able to sign up for ACA before the now March 31st deadline. People have stated that something else is going on, this is it. Making these people suffer isn’t just extortion tactics it is extortion, surly not in the oath taken by a senator accepting office. When I see the suffering taking place so these takers can achieve this objective I am sickened. This is a cancer growing in our political system that can only be fixed by cutting it out. This is now a war within our own country and the future of Americans is literally at stake. When or founding fathers created this country most if not all GOP business owners employee’s lived in the US and were even their neighbors in many cases so there was respect for our well being. That ship has sailed leaving American citizens in the wake of a world economic center with little regard for its own people. We need to get our voices back by voting this fall and not just voting but being active in any way to solve this problem. I for one would like to see this happen and see these individuals brought to justice. We are smart people being abused and will not let these masochists get away with this even if it takes years. When I think of this I can’t help but think of WWII war criminals still being brought to justice after all these years. We may not be able to solve this for ourselves but letting our children face this future is not an acceptable option.

21. Ed
    March 20th, 2014 @ 6:45 pm

Now we know who to trust…Vote out all those politicians out who voted against this bill.
    who wants to get unemployed?

22. Marie Klymkiw
    March 20th, 2014 @ 7:12 pm

Why am I not surprised? No one cares what Boehner thinks. Getting the unemployed through no-fault-of their-own’s hope up, only to get a smack in the face is cruel. You’re all cruel.

23. Mr Bills Due
    March 20th, 2014 @ 7:49 pm

Yall make me sick what do we need Obama for the Gop runs the government he’s just a puppet….

24. GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    March 20th, 2014 @ 8:41 pm

Very well said Kevin! I am not well enough nor do I have any financial means to make the journey to Washington D.C., or you bet I would be there.

My mother was very political and fought her entire life for what was just and right. She is most surely looking down from Heaven on all this and just begging The Lord to be the”Angel in Chief” He sends down to get all these wicked humans straightened out!
    It is best probably that I can’ t go because I would probably let it go on them so badly that
    they would put me in ab looney bin or jail.

Our theme song mi compadres
    should be that song from the movie “Coming Home”-it is called “Time Has Come Today”.

My sincere prayers go out to all of you. They can’t take our integrity, nor our pride and faith. It is just not in them anymore- whatever was before is destroyed.

I have never written in blogs before, or twitter or facebook. I am a recluse of sorts, but have chimed in on this a few times as it is beyond all comprehension.

25. mike
    March 20th, 2014 @ 9:25 pm

Mr boner if you have a problem with Mr Reid and Mr Obama do not take it out on the American people tell your tea party buddies that and pass euc !!!!

26. Dennis
    March 20th, 2014 @ 9:31 pm

The only thing they understand is what happened in parts of Europe, the people should take to the streets, maybe then they’ll do something.

27. dan
    March 20th, 2014 @ 9:39 pm

I can’t believe these politicians are letting us veterans and our families go thru this..After I got discharged from the Marines I went right back to work, I got lucky I got a decent job..11months later I got laid off,,Collected unemployment 26weeks,Put in over 250 applications.7 interviews not 1 second interview..I never stopped looking for work.And I don’t plan on stop looking..But I could sure use some help.I sold my used car to get by on but that money is almost gone..I need some help now..

28. Diane
    March 20th, 2014 @ 9:55 pm

Well why don’t they take back the billion dollars our government gave to Utopia –

hello don’t we come first

29. Myrna
    March 20th, 2014 @ 10:04 pm

John Boehner needs to be unemployed and ineligible for unemployment. What an arrogant jerk! Why is he allowed to do this?

30. Tuthe McGee
    March 20th, 2014 @ 10:56 pm

No. It would not be hard to implement. This statement that Boehner is referring to is coming from an extreme right wing sarah pailin sympathizing idiot of corporation. This has already been done in the past, already taken months to roll out in the past, and we realize that. There is absolutely no reason not to have the retroactive payments. There is no way for people to pay taxes, and past duel rent and bills without it. This article is spreading specculation that is not feasable.

31. john smith
    March 20th, 2014 @ 11:00 pm

john boehner “one day” if I write what I really want to write! I be arrested. “one day”

32. dennis l
    March 20th, 2014 @ 11:20 pm

Mr.Boehner,it must be nice to go home your mansion and maids take 3 weeks off in the start of the year is this why you were put into your position.We the people don’t think so there needs to be a patition started to have you removed.You are’nt for the people at all just your own Gop friend’s. We will be taken serious. The Republicians started this mess and all the hard working people had to pay to clean it up now it’s time to clean up capitol hill.People please vote in november to get rid of all of the people who have cost us our homes. We The People will over come THIS problem Yes we do need to march on washington and bring all our bill’s if they can give billions to other country’s they can damm well give us our unemployment

33. Meti
    March 20th, 2014 @ 11:57 pm

My name is Meti, I worked for 10 years at an Auto Conpany, and thanks to Republican, for not voting for this bill. I owe my friends over $3,000 to my friends since the beginning of September and I also owe my rent which is far beyond being passed due. Who out there is reading my story, please call me at my number 248 812 6285 – I can rent a bus and get people together to go protest in front of the white house, I’ve lost a lot since this crap has happened and I feel that the only thing left to do is, to protest and speak our minds. Thank you! And please contact me, if interested

34. Mike Kelly
    March 21st, 2014 @ 12:00 am

This isn’t rocket science! When I heard about this bill I wondered how these agencies were going to go back and pay everyone retroactively! It isn’t doable! Yet, Reed and the Senate never had a clue about this complication! Not buying it at all! Congress is using the unemployed as pawns! Not only that but they us the U3 unemployment numbers and not the U6 numbers which are the only numbers that capture the “unemployed.” 6.7% isn’t the reality but 14%!!!! I am so over these clowns both Dems and Rep! Done but I never voted for these idiots! Hope America has learned its lesson! They say the unemployed are lazy but these idiots are on vacation every other week and leave these jobs as millionaires!

35. Mike Kelly
    March 21st, 2014 @ 12:04 am

And you uninformed voters still blaming the “right wing!” Get over it and fight for America! Obama and the Dems and the Rep are destroying tis country! So sick of earing about Soros, Koch brothers, Tea Party etc…they all are killing tis country and they keep you all arguing about tis petty crap to keep you off their backs! Shut UP! Bush and Obama created this mess and this should prove voting such unqualified idiots into office is wrong!

36. Meti
    March 21st, 2014 @ 12:08 am

Let’s go to white house people do something plz the only way left

37. Kenny
    March 21st, 2014 @ 12:11 am

I worked 13 years in my last place of employment. My employer closed his business and retired. Good for him, he built a business working hard and at the same time took care of 18 employees and their families. Now it is time for the American Government to look out for us as we transition into the job force. I’ve had friends and family members draw as much as two years unemployment. I had thought to myself that I could properly create a situation where I would find employment that would consider my age(57yrs.),my limitations as a disabled Vet. and would be financially sufficient to survive. Now I’m in a position where my life savings will be depleted within a few months. My car will be surrendered back to the bank and finally losing my home. What a roll model for my children that I’ve told to live the American dream. I served my Country for 16 Yrs.(US Army) and this is what it’s come to. I would like to close by suggesting that our Senators and Congressmen make sure they take care of the Folks in the Ukraine. Also take another recess. Better yet take a vacation you deserve another one and tell us what that’s like.

38. John from MA
    March 21st, 2014 @ 1:50 am

In Jan. 2013 I was forced out of my 25 year career with a major utility company. I am among the long time tax paying unemployed Americans in need of assistance from my government, but MY ELECTED OFFICIALS DO NOTHING. THEY ARE ALL A DISGRACE TO OUR COUNTRY. I and my family have typically voted Republican, but never again. I have searched and continue searching job postings every single day since losing my job, and have applied for numerous positions. I have attended training seminars, been networking with friends, past business associates, recruiters, etc., etc., etc., and have only been able to get a couple of interviews, and still no success in getting a job. For each job opening posted, there are hundreds if not thousands of people who apply. I will never give up, but I never would have imagined it would be this difficult to get a job, but it is!! I have personally paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in state, federal taxes, and social security (another waste of my hard earned dollars, as it’s already been spent by our inept politicians) throughout my 29 year working career, and have not received as much as a penny back in return. I can only imagine the useless government programs that my paid income tax dollars have funded.

Now, for the first time in my 29 years of having worked full time, an avg. of 60 hrs per week, my family needs unemployment benefits to help us survive, and I need my elected officials to be there for us. But what do they do in our time of need? First, they do nothing and go on holiday leave (because after all, that’s most important), and then return and continue to do nothing but talk more rhetoric and waste more precious time playing party politics. With each passing day that our elected officials continue to do nothing, and delay approval of the unemployment extension, American families such as mine, continue to completely exhaust any remaining retirement savings they might have, and drown in debt.
    Will our self-serving elected officials ever wake up and put the well being of American families first and foremost??? I doubt it. They are all useless and their salaries are a complete waste of our tax dollars.

39. gilbert gutierrez
    March 21st, 2014 @ 3:17 am

IF OUR POLITICIANS NEED A RAISE, FOR THEM SELF. THEY WOULD NOT GO ON RECESS, THEY WOULD STAY AND VOTE TILL THE BILL PASS FOR THEM SELF, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN IN ORDER TO LINE THIER OWEN POCKETS. THEY NEED TO SHOW SAME KIND INITIATIVE TO US AS THEY DO FOR THEM SELF. WHEN YOU E MAIL OR CALL YOUR SENATORS OR HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, TELL THEM YOU OUR NOT GOING TO VOTE FOR THEM ANY MORE, (YOU ARE GOING TO VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE). THEY DO NOT LIKE TO HERE THAT.

40. susan johnson
    March 21st, 2014 @ 3:46 am

To L Mullins, I was so glad to read your post. Let’s do it; March to Washingon. I live in Boston and am completely without money but i have nothing to lose now so I will walk. To anyone interested here is my email address. Lets do it – set a date. susanjohnson853@hotmail.com

41. susan johnson
    March 21st, 2014 @ 3:49 am

I will be waiting for your response. Don’t wait to see if they will pass it – enough. Will wait two days for a response from people if not will start out walking from Boston – I have nothing more too lose. susan

42. Still Someone
    March 21st, 2014 @ 4:15 am

This has become beyond ridiculous. People are living on the edge day by day resting their hopes and prayers on a vote. Every day I watch the broadcasts and search online for some news about unemployment extensions and the progress congress has made. But it is the same old thing, dragging their feet and taking another recess. Walk a mile in our shoes! Some of you have gotten too fat and comfortable! Shame on you all… I lay awake at night trying to figure out what I could do to hang on… what else can I sell… In a good economy 6 months is sufficient to find a job but not now where 100 people apply for 1 position. I am in my 50’s which shrinks the market more drastically… I am told to go get assistance but the places I was told to call say they are out of funds… I am too young to retire or to get a reverse mortgage. I own a bit too much on my home so selling is the only answer but the market is low and it is all I have left to retire on. Not employed means I cannot get a loan, not a minority so I am not eligible for any programs. I have worked and paid into the system for 40 years and am just asking for some help until I can get work. Where is your humanity??? Give back to the American people some pride and humility. Don’t make us beg… for a country that feeds the world it is a shame it cannot feed its own.

43. Still Someone
    March 21st, 2014 @ 4:25 am

Also, I have been calling my NJ Congressman Leonard Lance day after day. I expressed our need for UE extensions but he has yet answered any of my calls or returned them. I will continue to call him every day until I get him to acknowledge me. Maybe others can try.

44. gilbert gutierrez
    March 21st, 2014 @ 7:11 am

IM WITH YOU I THINK WE NEED TO MARCH!!!!!!!!

45. mary lee conte
    March 21st, 2014 @ 10:39 am

I am 64 years old and have worked all of my life. I am currently working part time and was collecting unemployment until earlier this month. I was put out to pasture by my republican boss. I also know many republicans that lost their jobs nearly 4 years ago when the job market fell apart. They certainly took their money and sat on their asses. One was put through school and still sat on her ass. Now I need and deserve my extended unemployment and you say “NO”. How fricken dare you…

46. Leon D
    March 21st, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

MARCHING TO THE WHITHOUSE REALLY IS THE ONLY WAY THESE COLDHEARTED, RACIST, SEXIST REPUBLICANS TO HEAR US. COMMENTING ON THESE POSTS DOES NOTHING FOR US!!!!!!!! WE MUST MARCH AND SAVE OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. Angel in need
    March 21st, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

The last time they gathered the idiots said we should have been looking for a job!!! I can imagine what they say once the suicide and crime rates go up!!!

48. Art Henry
    March 21st, 2014 @ 4:23 pm

Who is this person from the state agencies saying the proposed plan is unworkable??? If what he is saying is true and most states have 25 year old computers, this would mean our government is being run on Atari and TRS-80s!!!! Can you believe these excuses are actual roadblocks in the world’s biggest superpower? It sounds like our government employees are typing in one hand and holding a spear in the other. Have they not heard of, oh my gosh, Excel????? They have no way to check records a year old to see who was a millionaire? Even though we all certify every two weeks we have not worked, they still will pay out massive overpayments? These excuses would be laughable if they did not hurt so much. In one day we can find a way to vote billions of dollars to Ukraine (by the way, this measure does nit pay for itself) and yet will will destroy the lives of millions by doing nothing for months on money which will pay for itself in taxes and continued jobs because the people receiving it will immediately pump it back into the economy as we pay our past due bills. It is way past time for a second revolution. Taking away their power is the only measure they will understand.

49. gilbert gutierrez
    March 21st, 2014 @ 6:49 pm

AS YOU SEE BY THE COMMENTS THAT ARE POST, EVERY DAY. THE SAME PEOPLE ARE POST THEM, WHERE OUR ALL THE OTHER 2.5 MILLIONS PEOPLE’S, THAT FALL IN TO THIS CATEGORY. WE NEED TO FIND A WAY TO REACH OUT TO FIND THEM, SO THIER VOICE CAN BE HEARD. MY SUGGESTION IS TO MAKE A VIDEO AND POST ON (YOUTUBE) SO IT CAN GO VIRAL. DOSE ANY ONE NO HOW TO MAKE ONE.

50. Joanna P
    March 21st, 2014 @ 9:12 pm

I supported the Republican party for quite a few years and this year, when they did not extend the Federal UE benefits, I immediately went to the County and changed my voting status to “unaffiliated”.

I even liked John Boehner at first, but over these past few years, I truly think something happened to him or someone got to him. I have been shocked at his attitude and, of course, I cannot even comprehend his actions regarding not supporting an extension of these benefits.

My husband is 63yrs old and this is the first time he has collected unemployment. He was hoping to work three (3) more years in order to receive full social security benefits. Now, we have had to sell our home, not sure where we are going or if we can even remain in NJ, and all of NJ’s Republican representatives are not doing a thing to support this bill or help ANY of us with our situations. The Democrats, in particular, Sen. Corey Booker from Newark, is doing everything possible to get this bill passed. I know how I will vote in the next elections.

51. jim okeefe
    March 21st, 2014 @ 9:20 pm

Spring is here, lets all have a nice “American Spring” .

52. Lesley Beach
    March 21st, 2014 @ 9:23 pm

I had absolute faith in our president and worked hard campaigning for him both times but now I tend to agree with steve who commented they knew all along this would happen. I have worked all my life, started at 12 picking potatoes. I put myself through college as a mature student to better myself and now have a big student loan. I have sold everything I have left to sell, borrowed money from family and friends, I received unemployment from August 2013 to December and that’s that? I’ve been hanging on and checking out what is happening every day and now it all seems like a con. I should have sold up and gone to live in another country instead of wasting my time and assets hanging on and foolishly trusting our government. Now my car has broken down so I am truly stumped. Why isn’t there some advocacy for us with such groups as Move On or Occupy? How do we all get in touch with each other so we can at least go down fighting?

53. just want a job!
    March 21st, 2014 @ 9:58 pm

This is the first time I have ever been unemployed in 47 years. I never experienced the system and wish I didnt have to. It is disgusting that we get 6 months to find a job but those who make a living long term on welfare never have to worry about receiving their monthly checks! I am not speaking of those who need it short term, say 6 months just like the unemployed received. This whole system is off balance. The U.S. is more worried about sticking their nose in other countries business than worrying about helping us find jobs. The money is there. Take some of the aid and funding for other countries and take care of your own for once. I never see anything on the news regarding our situations but u sure see everything else. Families need to go to their local news stations and get their stories out there.

54. Kenny
    March 21st, 2014 @ 11:06 pm

I’m sick and tired of John Boehner and the Republican Reps. sorry about your luck attitude. Americans should take note of these individuals and see to it that they will never hold Government office again. What ever happened to Government by the people for the people? Somehow we have become dehumanized when we’re just trying to get back into the fight. In life we must climb many mountains. I never thought my countrymen would keep me from it. This is sad!

55. Too numb to care anymore at this point.....
    March 24th, 2014 @ 11:12 am

Yes, these bastards on BOTH sides have known exactly how to play this, and they could care less about what it is doing to us.

If they had ANY plans to put this through it would have happened months ago-or better yet it would not have ever been cancelled to begin with and/or would have been included in the new budget.

At this point they could easily change the terms and work together-even not make it retro-active if that is such an issue… but of course these bastards will not do that either. What a big freaking fun game this is for them.

What goes around comes around. They have done a very, very cruel thing here and they will not get away with this, mark my words.

56. Patrick
    March 25th, 2014 @ 11:15 pm

We could go on, and on about these idiots, but whats the use. We are weak, and they are strong. No-one is petitioning in Washington, and most people just can’t afford to leave their place of residence. They know what they are doing, and frankly don’t care. I’d like to say its time to take back America, and dethrone these jerks, but how many will follow me on this crusade?